User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Future Shop Customer Service !

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I will never put a toe inside the Furture Shop in St Catherines ever again. Last year I took my daughter to shop for a laptop and the salesperson kept trying to sell us ones that were way more than what I said my daughter's price range was. (she was paying for it with money she earned from a summer job) Then when I asked the guy to give us a few minutes alone he walked away and then wouldn't help us when we were ready to purchase the laptop she could afford. We ended up going to Best Buy and got great service.

Jump ahead 6 months..... I went to FS one more time to just pick up something that I needed and didn't need any help. I went there because it was the closest to were I was and on the way home. I had my special needs son with me and our service dog. We were told to take the dog out of the store, and when I pointed out that she was a service dog and was wearing a backpack and patches showing that she was working and not just a pet, we were told to leave the store and come back with out the dog. I even offered for them to see the paper work that we carry stating the dog is a service dog and is needed. (doctors note and certification papers) Thus they were breaking the law by going against the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. When I contacted the head office it took them forever to get back to me then gave me a huge run around and stood up for the manager.

Never again will I even go in the parking lot of that store.
    Not All Disabilities Are Visible. Proud owner of a medical alert wonder pup. (formally a puppy mill pup that was rescued and assists a special needs child)

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I haven't anything polite to say about their customer service in the computer department.

Earlier this year I went to buy a very specific laptop after spending weeks doing research. The sales person refused to allow me to buy it straight off the shelf & take it home immediately. He tried to tell me that none of the laptops are shipped with an OS and I have to spend $100 on top of the price so they can install the OS & burn me a disc. No matter how nicely (at first) and firmly I was with him about his information being incorrect, he refused to budge.

I left & went home and put in a call to have them track down the manager to speak to him about the issue, they put the laptop aside (they only had 1 left in stock) and I went back to purchase it. I was offered absolutely nothing for the time & gas that was wasted, and the way I was treated by the employee as though I was a stupid female who knows nothing about computers. The manager tried to call it a mis-communication, but I was very clear that it certainly was not, and while I understand that he feels that he should be supportive of his employee, I told him that the employee in question doesn't belong in that department as he clearly knows nothing about the products.

I refuse to shop there for anything computer related again.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I really hate how the Future Shop people seem to situate themselves "strategically" in the store. When I walk on over to the MacBook section of the store, maybe about 5 or 6 people try to get me to buy one of them. But once I go to the camera section, and I wanted to ask someone about one of them, no one was there to help me. It's irritating that the employees want to "shuffle" themselves to get more chances at sells and commission.

Their delivery service is also really bad. I bought a fridge from FS and specifically told them that we needed a fridge that opens from the right side, because theres a wall on the left side. However, when they delivered the fridge, I was shocked to see that the fridge door was not corrected. The technician offered to changed the door, but he obviously looked like he didn't know what he was doing. I was very unsatisfied with how he "fixed" the fridge. When I wanted him to return the fridge to the store, he just left, leaving me with the fridge.

I hope FS does something to improve their customer service, because I don't think other big electronics stores are doing any better at customer service.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

long long way to go!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've always had good customer service from Future Shop - salespeople are always eager to help without being pushy and knowledgeable.
    Wanting to join a good PTC site!! These are the BEST!!!
    I earned $100 in 1 MONTH on CLIXSENSE!!! Join me you can too!
    http://www.clixsense.com/?4336444

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Best Buy has never offered me money off or a deal. Futureshop however offered us $100 off a A/C we were looking at that we really wanted but was a bit too much. We could of afforded it we just didn't want to pay that much.

If I hadn't of gotten the warranty on my laptop I got from Best Buy I most definitely would of had a lemon. Their policy is something like 4 major repairs and they replace it. I think I was at 3 when my warranty finally expired. I had to have a new OS and everything put in.

I think it all depends really on the store and when you go and as well as to who is working. I've had issues with both stores and their employees but nothing to bad.

If I had to pick one over the other it would be Best Buy only because they tend to be cheaper and more helpfull/knowledgable. Then again FS price matches and gives an extra 10% off.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have had good luck with FS both times that I had a problem with a product.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by heart1968 View Post
    I've always had good customer service from Future Shop - salespeople are always eager to help without being pushy and knowledgeable.
    I completely understand what you meant to say here, so don't get offended, but man did I laugh when I read that the salespeople are not pushy or knowledgeable lol

I GOT GAME, DO YOU? gameprogirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I have had a ton of bad experiences with FS. Everything I have bought from there is defective or something and they've hassled me about extended warranties I bought when I brought stuff back for repairs. Not happy with them at all.
    Join Ebates for cashback on all purchases!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=Hm3B6tvDY78%3D

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I know the Future Shop in SE Calgary has amazing customer service. To the point that we have sent in e-mails on how good the service was. I went a few days ago to Wal-Mart to buy a new printer and no one knew a thing about the printers. Just told me the more I spent the longer it would last... I went to Future Shop and the guy answered all my questions. I didn't want to spend crazy money on a printer, just for small documents n stuff, and he didn't push to buy the expensive ones! Didn't try and sell me any other cables I didn't need.

In the end, I always recommend Future Shop.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gspmamma View Post
    I will never put a toe inside the Furture Shop in St Catherines ever again. Last year I took my daughter to shop for a laptop and the salesperson kept trying to sell us ones that were way more than what I said my daughter's price range was. (she was paying for it with money she earned from a summer job) Then when I asked the guy to give us a few minutes alone he walked away and then wouldn't help us when we were ready to purchase the laptop she could afford. We ended up going to Best Buy and got great service.

Jump ahead 6 months..... I went to FS one more time to just pick up something that I needed and didn't need any help. I went there because it was the closest to were I was and on the way home. I had my special needs son with me and our service dog. We were told to take the dog out of the store, and when I pointed out that she was a service dog and was wearing a backpack and patches showing that she was working and not just a pet, we were told to leave the store and come back with out the dog. I even offered for them to see the paper work that we carry stating the dog is a service dog and is needed. (doctors note and certification papers) Thus they were breaking the law by going against the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. When I contacted the head office it took them forever to get back to me then gave me a huge run around and stood up for the manager.

Never again will I even go in the parking lot of that store.
    Wow ! that's horrible .

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think I have just been lucky. They have always been friendly and courteous to me and forthcoming with information.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information