User Tag List

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

It's my anniversary coming up, any suggestions for quiet restaurant in edmonton and area. What's everyones Favorites. thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

One of my favorites for special occasions:
    http://www.riverhousegrill.com/

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hardware Grill. Best meal I've EVER had. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

i absolutly love Blue Pear and i believe they have a coupon @ http://www..ca/WebApp/start/region_c...ectRegionid=39

me and hubby went there for our anni and it was amazing!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    242 (100%)

I love Milestones food! They have fantastic lamb and AMAZING white chocolate cheesecake. I live far North and I've driven many times to SEC just for cheesecake to go lol. Appetizers/dinner/drinks/dessert for 2 is $75-$90 but well worth it.

Oooh, or The Melting Pot. It's a fondue restaurant. You cook your food fondue style at your own table. It's pretty up there for price range, but it's an evening experience not just a dinner. http://www.meltingpot.com

Happy Anniversary!
    Last edited by danam314; Fri, Jun 4th, 2010 at 03:27 PM.
    Coupons = Little pieces of paper you get FREE from the stores, from reps and from companies (ie: Not gold)

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

If you're planning to go all out, my favourites are Ruth's Chris Steakhouse downtown and Unheardof on 82 Ave. Both very pricey (think $50-60 per entree) but well worth it for a fancy dress-up evening.

I think the bill at Ruth's Chris last time was upwards of $300 for the two of us, but that was a "pull out all stops" occasion... drinks, wine, appetizers, entrees, more wine, dessert, special coffees.

Last time at Unheardof was about $450 for four, so not quite as expensive but just as fabulous. Impeccable service at both restaurants!

Happy Anniversary!
    Last edited by frugal_meems; Fri, Jun 4th, 2010 at 05:25 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    242 (100%)

I thought of another wonderful place to eat. I can't recall the name but it's in High Street, 124st area. It's an old house across the street (east) from Call The Kettle Black and Notables, and behind Urban Diner. It's not Manor cafe... it's beside it. Does anyone know where I mean, and the name? It's fine dining and very good food!
    Coupons = Little pieces of paper you get FREE from the stores, from reps and from companies (ie: Not gold)

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

Ruth Chris is excellent - never will let you down but pricey. I have only been there one time but it was awesome.
    2010: won $4050 in contests! 2011: won $2160 in contests! 2012: won $86 in contests! 2013: won $137 in contests!
    Earned $320 so far in amazon gift cards on Swagbucks.com !
    Check out Cheapniks blog: Living Rich On The Cheap

Trading Score
    232 (100%)

I agree with all the posts about some of the pricier restaurants in town, which are quite tasty. For something fairly affordable, nice & quiet -- we like to go to the Creperie downtown on the boardwalk. The deep fried cheese crepes are to die for!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Last time I walked past the Crepiere..it was a different restaurant.

I agree with the Christie one.

Also the Copper Pot. It is in an old office building looking on to the leg. grounds. If you go a bit later there are wonderful night views of the grounds lighted.

We were there for a special party. Our middle one ordered chocolate milk and there was none. I told the waiter not to worry about it he could have iced tea.

The waiter said "no he wants chocolate milk he will have chocolate milk" and they sent out someone to get some. Probably at the corner store but still that is pretty good service.

It does not cater to younger children so understandable they did not have it.

It is the only restaurant that has ever done that. They are usually quite happy when you offer to substitute.

I had a particular co-worker go there and she was very impressed.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

thanks for all the great suggestions, now I have to deceide.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Could you let us know which one you decide and how it went.

Sometimes management or chefs change..this can happen quickly here and the place will not be as good as before until they can get things together.

I haven't been to the CopperPot for some time but was at Ruth Christie this past winter and it was great..

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My vote is the Creperie - it is still in it's original location.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We went out for my birthday. I want to go to Lux downtown but it was closed Sunday.

So we went to Ruth Christie.

On Sunday they have a special for prime rib,mashed potatoes, and veggies for $19. The prime rib was excellant and perfectly cooked as we like it meduim rare.

We were hungry so we ordered salad..we shouldn't have as we were stuffed and I couldn't finish the prime rib. We also shared a desert..the bread pudding with whiskey sauce...d/h is the bread pudding guy and he wasn't as impressed as with some plus it was just too much.

The bill came to just over $100 for two with wine, salad, dinner,coffee and the bread pudding but in future we would skip the salad and bread pudding which added about $30 to the bill.

On Sun. with this special I think you could do it for $75 having the prime rib and wine.

The service was excellant as was atmosphere.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

If you choose The Copperpot/Ric's Grill, they're still offering the $25 gift voucher if you sign up:

http://www.copperpot.ca/id/145
    Last edited by Dee09; Tue, Jun 8th, 2010 at 01:28 AM.

Thread Information