User Tag List

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I bought a kitchen table from the Brick. The wood is warping and cracking, and the legs do not line up correctly, so it is wobbly. However, just before the service tech came to my house, I set a glade plug in on my table- It leaked, and took the stain right off! This is a small stain and I told the tech I was not at all concerned with it- It was my accident. I am very concerned about the whole table to being warps and cracked! And being so wobbly! I thought I was covered, I bought the extended warranty! When I called, they sent a technician to my house, who did not even inspect all the damages- he just took a picture of the table, and said it would be up to the store to decide. The store called me to say they would not be covering it as it was "customer abuse!" I assure you, it was not "customer abuse!" They are not saying the small damage I did cause is voiding the whole warranty, just that the whole mess is customer abuse. I was proud of my table, I took very good care of it- it is a lemon, and they wont hear me out- just keep saying it is "customer abuse" I am so sad by all this- I used to work at the Brick, and loved it, cared about the company, sent many of my friends there to shop, and they are treating me as if I am lying! I should also mention that 2 of the leather chairs have come apart at the seems and they are offering me a portion of the money I spent to keep them or $398 to replace them, but they no longer carry the set and I would have mismatched chairs for my crappy table!

So I have written this exact same complaint online at squeaky wheel dot com... Please view the complaint often- the brick gets an e-mail everytime someone views it! Maybe if enough people view it, they will help me out here!!
    http://www.thesqueakywheel.com/compl...laint44832.cfm
    This thread is currently associated with: The Brick
    Last edited by amyt0915; Fri, Jun 4th, 2010 at 12:24 PM. Reason: add link

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i try to avoid the brick whenever we're looking for something new.. though it seems we often get sucked back in.. pretty much everything we bought from there was delivered late (even when it was IN stock! and it took me being VERY stern over the phone to get delivered) down to the quality just being shotty.. dare i add i bought a dvd player there once (had a gift card) and it lasted barely 2 months!
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

That's horible. Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking of buying some furniture from The Brick but now I definatly wont.
    Earn money for paypal at cashlagoon
    http://www.cashlagoon.com/?ref=177228

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yeah avoid The Brick. Or better yet, when they have you sign something, write on it "Delivery MUST be made by _________" and insert a date. if they cannot meet that date, take your business elsewhere. A contract is for both parties so you are permitted to add your conditions onto it.

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

What happened to the other posts?
    My Queen passed out from pure bliss thanks to her secret Santa. Bless you kind angel

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

...my bad, I did not notice there are 2 threads about this...
    My Queen passed out from pure bliss thanks to her secret Santa. Bless you kind angel

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

You should push it with the store. Keep pushing. I've heard that they almost always bend. Keep demanding action from the manager.

On a side note, I would suspect that the spam filter is not going to let the Squeaky wheel emails through.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Also, does your local paper have a person who writes stories about people's complaints. I wrote to the guy in Ottawa twice and got action both times!
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The brick is the worst store ever for returns. They actually have a final sale policy on all merchandise. I tried to exchange a TV for a more expensive one and they would not let me. I looked on the receipt that they gave me after I paid for and picked up the item and it say "All sales are final".

Thread Information