User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Well if that is the case they should just say so! I probably wouldn't have so much fight in me had they given me a reason that I felt was satisfactory. I probably would have accepted less because of the stain that I caused too!
    At this point, I have taken my photos and the full copy of the warranty agreement to a lawyer, and he doesn't think I will have a problem, advised me to take it to small claims- to avoid paying a lawyer.

That is exactly what I am going to do! I will keep you all updated!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

You may well find that, as with many small claims cases, they will settle just to avoid the hassle and expense of having to send their lawyer or representative to deal with the suit.

Good luck - I've viewed it and can't wait to hear the outcome.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Wow that looks worse than my Grandma's table she has had for the last 65 yrs! I hope everything works out!
    In 2010/11 I used over $7700 in coupons!
    My 2012 goal is $6000 in coupons!

:::Alee142010:::

Trading Score
    57 (100%)

Sheesh! Hope looking at that helps. Plus, now we all know where to post our complaints, though hopefully we won't have any . . . I bookmarked the site. Glad us looking at it is helping you!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

As I said before, I used to work there, and just want to say that my old sales manager, who saw my complaint, has promised to help me with this! I am pretty grateful, and cautiously optimistic! I will keep you all updated!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I viewed the complaint

I don't see the pictures though - where are they?

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

A friend of mine recently had a similar problem with The Brick. She bought a bedroom set that started falling apart maybe 3-4 months after purchasing it and when she brought it to their attention, they argued that they weren't going to replace it or repair it because it was now used. She pointed out the warranty that came with the furniture, and finally after almost a month of arguing back and forth, they decided to replace. She traded for a less expensive one, and also was able to get a few more things to go along with the set (coffee table, area rug, etc...). Then, when it came time to deliver she made sure they would take the stuff to her home (we lived about 20min away from the nearest store out of Barrie), and they said sure. Then when the day came, they said "No, we don't deliver that far". She reminded them that they told her they would, and the arguing started again. She finally won the battle and they delivered the stuff after she told them if they weren't, then she wanted her money back for everything. Ugh, remind me to NEVER buy anything from that crap-tacular place...

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Just came across this as I was thinking of buying a dishwasher from our neighbour who works at The Brick. It brought back memories of when I bought my first bed. It was a daybed and when I put it together the frame was 2 inches wider than the rails that were suppose to connect one end to the other. When I called them they insisted that I was measuring and putting it together wrong and they would charge me for the tech to come out. I told them I didn't have to measure, I just had to hold up the rail and it wouldn't reach the other end to be screwed in. Sure enough the tech comes and says yep its the wrong rail...duhhh. Of course it took another week to get the rail in and I had to pick it up and I got to sleep on the floor! I think I got something like a $20 GC which really buys ya nothing. Now I don't know what to do about the dishwasher...it might turn neighbour against neighbour. LOL

So how did this claim work out?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I didn't go to small claims, because I had been talking with my old Manager who had promised to help me out. I had gone into the store to talk to the managers- with a not so good outcome, but the next night the store manager called me at home, asked me to e-mail him my pictures and actually LISTENED to me! Today I got a reply from the Brick through the Squeaky Wheel! I am really hoping this will be resolved nicely! Hopefully next time I write about this, it will be about how wonderful everything went from this point on!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Wonderful to hear that something might be done for you!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Today, I was able to pick out a new table! I had to pick from AS-IS merchandise, but I am totally satisfied, and now have a table that is nice and not junk!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, amy, I'm so glad for you!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

How do I see the pictures of it? Sorry I am slightly computer illiterate! Thanks.
    P.S I viewed your SW post a few times
    If you ever get the choice, I hope you dance

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information