User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    134 (100%)

Hi My fellow Sc'ers...
    I am heading to Moncton NB for three nights in August. I am looking for suggests on good local resturants to eat at... Thanks.

Also if you have any suggestions of places to see and things to do that would be great also...
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

dh and i like boston pizza (dont get the pizzas though), east side marios is good too, i like jungle jims but the food can be kind of greasy(depending what you get). I would suggest maybee checking out the zoo and magic mountain if you like water parks. if you like shopping i would suggest you stay away from highfield square because there are almost no stores left.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

The house of Lam is good if you like chinese food! my in laws love that place!!

Theres a boardwalk in Bouctouche thats about 40 mins from Moncton, its really pretty! La dune de Bouctouche.

found this link on things to see and do in Moncton-
    http://www.hiemoncton.com/things-to-do/
    Get paid for your opinion! http://legerweb.com/J4Z12
    Join Swagbucks and earn free money and giftcards!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/melissabrien

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I suggest trying something you can't get anywhere else... we have a few good places to try. Barnyard BBQ is really good. Their ribs and pulled pork are to die for and if you like beer I suggest trying their blueberry beer (they serve it with real blueberries floating in it!).

Also if you're looking for something a little more classy we have a great seafood resturaunt called Pices. It's a little pricey but the food is also great.

As far as things to do and see in Moncton the Zoo is a great place to visit (which is also right by Magnetic Hill & Magic Mountain Water Park). There are a ton of things to do just outside of Moncton if you don't mind driving a bit.
    To earn FREE giftcards join SwagBucks. I've earned $170 in Amazon GC's since January 2010!

Wrinkles
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Love to eat at Swiss Chalet and the Keg! The shopping mall is the Chamlpain Place at 477 Paul St, Dieppe. There is 160 stores there. The restaurants are not far from the mall. Need any more info let me know!

Wrinkles
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Lalita1985 where is the Barnyard BBQ. I have never heard of it. Would love to try it. Please give direction and area. Thanks

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

i used to like the st huberts. I havent eaten there since they moved but i am asuming the food is still good... they used to have a deal where you get your drink and desert included with selected meals for a flat rate... do they still have that?
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

Barnyard BBQ is 131 Mill Road, Moncton, New Brunswick, (506) 389-9042.
    Get paid for your opinion! http://legerweb.com/J4Z12
    Join Swagbucks and earn free money and giftcards!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/melissabrien

Wrinkles
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thanks Aussie!

Trading Score
    110 (100%)

I agree about Pisces...it's AMAZING, and if anyone in your group has a birthday during the week of your visit, they eat free (up to $25). City Grill is also good, and right now at our Costco you can get $100 in gift cards for $79 (good at both the City Grill and Captain Dan's, which is on the wharf in Shediac). City Grill can be pricey, but they have a special on (not sure how long it'll last) where you get 50% off your bill between 4:30 and 6 I believe. Old Triangle is also good, if you like pub food, and there's often live music. It's right on Main Street and has an outdoor patio in the summer. Pump House Brewery also has a patio, and is on Orange Lane (right off Main Street). Actually, the best thing to do it visit www.localmoncton.com since they post most restaurant menus, addresses, and any promotions and coupons that are available!

And if you happen to be in the Magnetic Hill area to do the Zoo or Magic Mountain, and if you're still there in the evening, you might want to check out Magnetic Hill itself. It's pretty pricey in the daytime, but at least in past seasons, they've opened the gates in the early evening, so you can do it free after about 6 or 7pm!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Oh you're right...city grill is really good. And I agree about magnetic hill...it's cool but not worth the $5 to do it. It takes about 2 seconds.
    To earn FREE giftcards join SwagBucks. I've earned $170 in Amazon GC's since January 2010!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have to say My parents Restaurant Sun Sun is really Good because all the Taxi drivers Recommends Us and We give a lot for our portions and its very tasty....Chinese food is very hard to make..homemade anyways..not Frozen stuff...Beside that...Vitos been in Moncton since like 1919 or sometime..and they are the BEST Italian food in Moncton !! Mavericks Has the Best Breakfast I just recently found out but is pricey but again HUGE portions so share. If you wanna try something cool and new...Blue Olives is really awesome and Interesting for your taste buds...Every Culture possible. and the Best Vienamese Food in Moncton is Vien Dong. and Again the Best Chinese Food is Sun Sun Restaurant, they Been in business since 1980's.

Trading Score
    134 (100%)

Thanks you guys for all the suggestion. I ahve wrote them down and I will bring them with me on my trip.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

In Shediac the Golden Fry take out restaurant has really good and inexpensive stuff. In Buctouche, if you go up there to check out Le Pays de La Sagoine there is the HomeStyle Restaurant on the main drag, reasonable price and great seafood and Acadian stuff.
    For my referral to Swagbucks, click this link.

http://www.swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=1265083

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Aside from the restaurants, in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia we have Guy's Frenchy's. It is a chain of amazing second hand stores that visitors love and wish they had when they go back home. In New Brunswick the Shediac is my fave, but I also go to the one on Mountain Road in Moncton or Record Street for a quick shop.
    For my referral to Swagbucks, click this link.

http://www.swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=1265083

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information