User Tag List

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Hi there-

I had a CS issue at SDM last night involving me forgetting my optimum card at home. A CSR told me that he could manually input my # if I called DH to get it. I shop, get my stuff, go up to the cashier on till (not him, as he was on break), and she says that she can not manually input the #. I said, fine, can I bring my reciept back in a few days with my card to get the points added on? She said no, they don't do that anymore and that I should really bring my card with me. GRRR. Anyone else have experience with this recently? TIA!
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart, Pharmaprix

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Yes, that's happened recently here as well. They used to let us do it within a week - but not any more.
    One of the reasons I heard is that people were just bringing in random receipts from SDM they found and going to get points for them... So now with us having to have the card at point of purchase, that's not going to happen any more.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

At the Shoppers I go to most I believe you have a week to bring in your receipt and Optimum card to get your points.I think every Shoppers makes up it's own rules.If I was you go back today and ask for a manager and see if what the cashier says is correct.
    Last edited by Poirot; Wed, Jun 9th, 2010 at 07:35 PM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

It's the unwritten policy that you can bring back your receipt within 7 days to the same store to get your points added on. The problem recently that most SDMs are noticing is that people are picking through their garbage and getting receipts thrown out since customers say they don't want it. Its unfortunate that those particular people are causing a hassle for everyone.

As for punching in the Optimum card, we're not allowed to do that due to policy issues.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pouf View Post
    Hi there-

I had a CS issue at SDM last night involving me forgetting my optimum card at home. A CSR told me that he could manually input my # if I called DH to get it. I shop, get my stuff, go up to the cashier on till (not him, as he was on break), and she says that she can not manually input the #. I said, fine, can I bring my reciept back in a few days with my card to get the points added on? She said no, they don't do that anymore and that I should really bring my card with me. GRRR. Anyone else have experience with this recently? TIA!
    Alas, I can see their point--they don't more than one card per person (or more to the point, more than one person using/pooling points). Contrast this with Air Miles, which allows you to print off and order duplicate cards without a problem. Also note that on the SDM website they tell you to notify them ASAP if the card is lost/stolen, and that they are not responsible for lost points cashed in on the card before it is reported as such. So it would appear we all should be treating the Optimum Card like a gift card (that is, just the same as cash) at least until the redemptions this weekend

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by VEGAS PILGRIM View Post
    Alas, I can see their point--they don't more than one card per person (or more to the point, more than one person using/pooling points). Contrast this with Air Miles, which allows you to print off and order duplicate cards without a problem. Also note that on the SDM website they tell you to notify them ASAP if the card is lost/stolen, and that they are not responsible for lost points cashed in on the card before it is reported as such. So it would appear we all should be treating the Optimum Card like a gift card (that is, just the same as cash) at least until the redemptions this weekend
    thanks for this great reply
    Thanks

Thread Information