User Tag List

Thread: Going to Paris

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've just been offered a round trip airline ticket for $250 to Paris France. Any one been there or have any suggestions on what to see websites ect. It will be about 5 girls and we will be going for a long weekend in May 2007.

Thanks up front, I need help I am so over whelmed.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Disneyland!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I’ve been to Paris several times. Paris is a beautiful city and I’m sure you’ll have a spectacular time.

If you (or the kids) haven’t been to World Disney Resort in Florida then make sure you visit Disneyland, Paris (EuroDisney)!

Disneyland is any child’s dream come true. It’s magnificent, stunning and breath-taking to say the least... and even adults will love it... I can happily spend a week in Disneyland.

I know a lot about Paris so if you have any specific questions please let me know.

Note that hotels are quite expensive compared to Canada so make sure you book in advance

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

eifel tower

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is a girls only trip, no hubbies or kiddos. There are about 6 of us going. One girls works for Air Canada and will be booking the hotel, it over looks the Eifle Tower. I am looking for some brochures so if anyone has any links that would be great.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

oh I thought you were taking some kids from the daycare you run that’s why I recommended Disneyland

In that case Disneyland & Disney Studios aren't the best choice (although I still recommend you visit for 1 day).

You have the famous Paris attractions: Eiffel Tower, Louvre Museum, Arc de Triomphe, Notre Dame Cathedral and Sacre-Coeur. If you’re interested in Shopping and fashion the Champs Elysees and the Galeries La Fayette are the most famous shopping destinations.

Champs Elysees is right next to the Arc de Triomphe.

Galeries La Fayette is like the world’s fashion hub so everything is extraordinarily expensive but it’s certainly worth the visit. If you go to the very top of the Galeries La Fayette (it’s a 10 storey building) you’ll have a spectacular view of Paris and the Eiffel Tower.

Paris has many wonderful art museums. Are you interested in museums?

Wonderful thing about Paris is that it’s alive and energetic at night too just like Montreal. So you'll have a great time at night.

When you speak English, French people won’t always answer you even if they know English! They feel offended or something . So if no one in your group knows French make sure you have a small book that helps you ask for directions etc. This shouldn’t be a problem in touristic areas but it’s nice to be prepared.

I’m not sure how long you’ll be staying and how often you visit Europe, but personally, if I’m staying long enough I’d visit London too. Air tickets from Paris to London are very cheap. Or for a more interesting experience you can take the Eurostar (train) from Paris to London. The Eurostar is a high speed train (300 km/h) so the trip doesn’t take very long. When the Eurostar reaches the English Channel (Le Manche) it travels underground in the “Channel Tunnel”... an interesting experience. If you’ve been to London in the past then I guess you can just stay in Paris.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've never been out of the country before. I few over nights in the USA, but that is it. The only plane I've been on was a little four seater. I am nervous about going so long on a plane. Four days does not give us that long of a stay, so I think Paris will be it for this trip anyway. I grew up in Ottawa so I have some french background. A little rusty since I have not used it in about 15 years. I moved to London and noone hear speaks french. Both of my DD are in french immersion just for that reason. I do have a french /english dictionary to take with me though. I do hope the night life is great, we are looking forward to getting away. I think we are planning on hitting a couple of museums too.

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i love digging up old threads

so how was the trip..remember anything 3 years later?

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I want to go back to Paris, I went in June of 2007, so beautiful!

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

um is anyone else seeing weird characters in Boo's replies? just curious. is it my computer?
    Congrats on the trip!! I have never been there and want to someday so all I can sugest is take a ton of pics and have lots of fun!!!
    Please take a moment to visit my blog! www.heatherv11.wordpress.com

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dealsniffer View Post
    um is anyone else seeing weird characters in Boo's replies? just curious. is it my computer?
    Congrats on the trip!! I have never been there and want to someday so all I can sugest is take a ton of pics and have lots of fun!!!
    I do too!

Also, I found people there more willing to speak to me in English there than in Quebec! But I do speak French, so I didn't have much of a problem, they could however tell I was from Canada from my accent.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Love visiting Paris, first time visiting was on a $20 error fare. most recently, was just there a few months ago.... I always try to stop there for a few days before continuing on to other European destinations.

Wine is cheaper than soda and sometimes even bottled water. I've found that they almost always respond back to you in English once they hear you speak your very limited French.

It's very easy to be tempted into the delicious pastries and out-of-the-oven fresh chocolate croissants just by walking through the streets of endless boulangeries.
    Last edited by travelgeek; Wed, Oct 21st, 2009 at 09:20 PM.

Thread Information