User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'd be interested in knowing about both children's and women's clothing. I am a size 00 usually, and am having trouble finding pants, shorts, skirts, etc. to fit me. My kids are also all quite slim, and we have trouble finding clothes that fit at their waists. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help and ideas!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

With the kids please mum, gymboree etc all have adjustable waists, which is great.

As for you what about sirens le chateau etc they have small clothes.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Doesn;t suzy shier have small sizes too? What about women's petite stores? or are you taller too??

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Doesn;t suzy shier have small sizes too? What about women's petite stores? or are you taller too??

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I used to have the same problem finding xs clothing..that was untill i got pregnant and went from a 0-1 to a size 7 in only 4 months of pregnancy!!!!!!ahhhhh lol

Some places I would shop would be Costa Blanca, Sirens, Stitches, La Senza, Aeropostale..these places are relatively cheap and usually have good sales or discounts going on all year round..and they have alot of small clothing, especailly aeropostale..they have the 00 sizes in shirts, polos, jeans and sweats...also check out the kids department in walmart, depending on your height you can find some really cute skirts and shorts/leggings for not too bad prices.

As for children, I have no idea..since my younger brother and sister have always been the more "stockier and taller" type

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for some more store suggestions. Yes, pregnancy helps to find sizes that fit...but I'm not pregnant all the time! (I do have five kids!) I haven't usually been ablt to make kids sizes work for me. I'm 5'5". I've probably bought most of my clothes from Suzy Shier.

For the kids, I find Please Mum, Children's Place, and Bonnie Togs, even with the adjustable waists, to be too wide-fitting. I've never tried Gymboree...I just noticed that they are having a sale. I'll take a look there. We've had the best luck at Old Navy for slimmer kids' stuff. I can't even find leggings for the girls that will stay up, the elastic waists bag on them!

Thanks! If you think of anything else, I'd love to hear more ideas.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

gap is more expensive but they carry a slim fit that fits both my kids, who are very thin and tall.
    Nanoush

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Gap works for my kids, but the price is usually too high for me to pay! I have found a couple pairs of pants for one daughter on clearance. My son always tears holes through his knees. I hate to pay a lot for his pants, when I know they won't last long! But thanks for the reminder to check their stuff.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

with five kids you probably don't have the time, but I was wondering what if you took a sewing course? Then you could buy the smallest size clothing and tailor it so that it fit well.

For about a year I took a sewing course for 1-2 hrs a week and I learned so much. I can make suits, formal dresses, pants, shirts, skirts etc.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Carlyn View Post
    Gap works for my kids, but the price is usually too high for me to pay! I have found a couple pairs of pants for one daughter on clearance. My son always tears holes through his knees. I hate to pay a lot for his pants, when I know they won't last long! But thanks for the reminder to check their stuff.

we are lucky enough to have a gap outlet close by so I take full advantage of it!!! and, being in the States, the slim sizes are usually easy to find on the shelves...
    Nanoush

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

For you, perhaps try Aritzia? They carry sizes up (or down?) to XXXS... that is SMALL in my opinion! And the clothing there is definitely very comfy and trendy.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Some stores have the same clothes but in a much smaller sizes online only like Aeropostale and there shipping rates aren't bad
    You know you love me xoxo Gossip Girl

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Smart set has alot of items that run quite small.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For me, my problem is somewhat like yours. similar, thank you for the post.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

try to search the net, there are a lot of good online stores there where you can buy slime-sized clothes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information