User Tag List

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Last night I experienced (what I thought was) bad service at our Real Canadian Wholesale Club. We only have 3 grocery stores here; Sobeys, which is usually too busy, and usually expensive, Co-op which I don't care for, and RCWC, and since I really like no name/PC products, so this is usually where we do most of our grocery shopping.

I shop with a calculator because I don't like any surprises at the cash register. They had old spice deoderant on sale for $1.99, so I grabbed 2 and had a $3 WUB 2). I also grabbed 2 OS bodywashes (FREE bodywash WUB any old spice product). I went to the till I put all of my stuff on the belt, and I bagged my stuff as the cashier rang my items through, and when he was done I handed him my coupons. I gave him 2x 1.50 WUB any swiffer refills. 2x free bodywash WUB any old spice product, and 1x 3.00 WUB 2 old spice products. He "rang them through" and I thought my total was a little high, but I paid and left.

I was waiting outside for my fiancee to pick my daughter and I up, and I was reading my reciept, and I realized that he hadn't taken off the price of the bodywashes ($4.99 each), but he kept the coupons. My fiancee came and took the groceries and baby to the car, and I went back in with my reciept to explain the situation, and to get my $9.98 back. Had it been a dollar or two, I might have let it go, but it was $9.98.

I went straight back to the same till (there's no CS desk or returns counter) and he saw me coming and looked worried (LOL). I tol him I gave him 2 coupons that didn't get taken off of my total, and that I wanted my money back. He's all "Oh, ya, I must have forgotten...", and told me he had to call a supervisor to do the cash return. (I'm actually pretty sure he didn't know how to do the coupon, so he stuffed it in the drawer and was hoping I wouldn't notice the difference on the reciept)

While we were waiting for the supervisor to come (a line was forming behind me) he was TEXTING ON HIS DAMN PHONE! This made me super mad. I know we were waiting on someone else, but work isn't the place to be texting. The supervisor finally came and we explained what happened. He asked me if I had the bodywash so he could scan them in to see the price, and so I could prove I purchased them (even though I had my reciept from about 10 minutes earlier!) and I had to go back to the car and get them. Wouldn't it have just been easier to grab one off the shelf and scan it? They made me feel like a thief, and made me look like the bad guy, even though it was the cashier's fault.

I came back fuming, and the "supervisor" opened a new till for me and did my refund back onto my debit card. I asked him when a manager would be in and asked him for a phone number for the store (which I never got...), and only then did I get anything close to an apology (probably because they didn't want me to rat them out)

I've been a teenager with a crappy job, and I don't understand why people just don't do their job right the first time, so they don't get customers coming back who are pissed off. I have had so many issues with this store (cashiers/supervisors being rude, arguing with me over SCOP even when the lower price was clearly displayed) but I think this did me in. I don't think I'll be going back.
    This thread is currently associated with: Co-op, Sobeys, Wholesale Club

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

I would be calling head office and telling them everything....they need to know that the staff does not know/want to do their job and that the customers are willing to take their dollars elsewhere......The best statement that you can make is to shop elsewhere when you do not get satisfactory service. Good luck!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tweets77 View Post
    i would be calling head office and telling them everything....they need to know that the staff does not know/want to do their job and that the customers are willing to take their dollars elsewhere......the best statement that you can make is to shop elsewhere when you do not get satisfactory service. Good luck!

i second that !!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

lol - I had someone not scan in my "Free item" coupon too, but some middle aged lady at WM. She seemed a little annoyed, I dunno why, since both my friend and I were pretty courteous. -_- She took a while and then wrote the item price on the coupon, put it in the drawer, and then rang the item through without taking it off! It's soo hard to believe she "forgot" since she fussed over the coupon itself so much. Luckily, Wal-mart's CSR/return place had no line that day (that's a first!) and the person there helped me out.

Good thing we both check our receipts.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Companies need to know about problems in their business. If they receive enough complaints and if there is a pattern, they can look at it and take the appropriate measures.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

That's awful. Most places that give me poor service I simply don't return to.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Would it be possible for a MOD to remove the spamming translator garbage from rose's posts? It's a tad silly.

As for the story if I saw the cashier texting on his phone I would have alerted the supervisor of it immediately and made an issue out of it. Text on your own time SON!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Don't get me started on Loblaw company stores. I went to RCSS when it was tax-free on June 30. I had 6 $3.00 off Nexxus shampoo coupons from my nightly walks to SDM months ago. I bought 6 shampoos at $5.49. I thought my total was high....but paid it because the attendant at self-scan had told me repeatedly that I had to hurry up scanning because "it's 11:08 and we have other work to do too." At home, I realize she didn't take any of the coupons off. So that's $18 in coupons that I didn't get taken off my bill and the attendant kept. The next day was Canada Day, so they were closed. But you better believe I was their first customer on July 2nd at 7:00 a.m. I went to the CS desk and explained what had happened. I also brought the shampoos with me. She started questioning me and made it out to sound like I was a scamming them. I told her the attendant kept the coupons. She told me there was nothing she could do. I told her that I didn't think it was fair to rip me off $18, but the store get it back by sending the coupons in for redemption. I also told her that the way self-scan is designed, a customer can't be over the attendant's shoulder checking to see if she/he input the coupons. When I was done scanning my items, the free ones were deducted and so was the tax. But because the screen only shows so much, that's all I saw and thought she had taken off the coupons. The CS woman told me you're out of luck. I told her I wanted to speak to a manager. She called the manager and began telling the story to him, but only mentioning the points that backed her up. She hangs up the phone. I asked her if the manager was coming, and she said yes. Another cashier is stocking the chocolate bars at her register and sees the CS attendant is fuming, so she decides to come over and get involved. The CS attendant does the filling in (again, only saying what's convenient for her) and now I have the cashier telling me there's nothing they can do for me and that it was my fault for not holding on to the coupons. I asked her if she's the manager. "Naw," she said. So I ignore them, and pretend not to hear when the cashier said to the CS attendant "she's definitely a scammer...$18????

The manager comes and I explain what happened. He looked like he genuinely believed me. I asked him if there was a way he could retrieve the coupons from June 30, as the store was closed on July 1st. He said yes, and that they would still be in the self-scan pouch because the coupon sorters were supposed to come in at 9am. He brought it and went through it. He found my six coupons and told the CS attendant to put it credit on my PC MC. While all this is going on, the cashier is also still in the picture (they've got way tooooo many employees on payroll at my RCSS).

The two women began yelling at me saying that I had no proof these were mine and yada yada yada. The manager was just looking at them getting all hot-headed and me keeping my cool and he said "Guys, I told you to refund it for her." They completely ignored him and what he said, even though he was standing right there. The CS attendant started complaining she didn't know how to do this and she can't refund a Manufacturer's coupon and blah blah blah. The manager told her process it as a refund, but press Manu. Coupon, and apologized and was about to leave when the CS attendant said to him "Fine, but I'm putting your name on this because I don't want to get in trouble."

Now I'm left with the CS attendant and still the cashier. The CS rep said to the cashier "I can't believe I have to do this. And his language is disgusting." At this point I became offended and asked them to refund all of my shampoos. Never mind that it's offensive to ignore your manager's orders, pretend he isn't even there and yell at a customer in front of him. But to call his language disgusting because he pointed out to you that he gave you an order to follow through on?? Because it was in front of a customer? He wasn't rude at all. But I guess it's ok to be offended if your manager solves your problem in front of your customer, but it's not offensive to completely ignore a manager and his orders. I decided right there I wanted nothing more to do with RCSS (even if I was getting "my way"), if that was the kind of drama a customer had to go through to get what was owed to him/her.

In the end, I left with $32.94 credit on my PC MC, no shampoo, enough hostility to ruin my day and a bad taste in my mouth from the Loblaw stores. I would have called HO but I didn't write down their names (CS rep, cashier and manager). And I was just in a hurry to leave after having been in there for 55 minutes.

Thread Information