User Tag List

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    197 (100%)

I received an offer in the mail from BMO. Need a bit of advice on whether or not this is worth it...

If you open a chequing account with BMO and choose the Performance/Priviledge/or Priviledge age (for 60+) package before June 30, do one direct deposit and one automatic bill payment before August 31, you receive 1400 AirMiles (by October 31).

The link to the information is bmo.com/voyager (may be the link in French...)

The cheapest account (Performance) is $13,95 a month (I don't have $3000 to deposit). You have to maintain the money in the chequing account for 3 months (until the end of August, I believe) to get the Airmiles.

I was thinking of making a modest deposit and later transferring it to something that gains interest once I got my Airmiles. I don't currently bank with BMO and don't plan to switch banks...

Thanks for any tips you can provide.
    This thread is currently associated with: Air Miles

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Depending on which store, grocery cards go for $140-160 airmiles per $20 GC so you have 8.75-10 $20 GCs there ($175-200) - $42 for the monthly fees for 3 months
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    197 (100%)

Okay - I was actually hoping to use them for a trip. My DH has to go to Ottawa sometime in the fall.

Good point about the GC's.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Winnipeg to Ottawa is advertised at 2400 miles, that should give you an idea of costs, the hotels you can book vary greatly but start at around 700 miles a night
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

You can use the miles to book a flight via Air Miles or you can get vouchers.

You can redeem for 4 $50 travel vouchers to use at Marlin Travel. It's 385 miles so
    you could get 1400/385

3.63 gift cards so it's between $175 and $200 in travel certificates.

vs monthly fees $42 and your time and effort, probably 4 months by the time you transfer out.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

i think td is offering $250 in cash for something similar.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by travelgeek View Post
    i think td is offering $250 in cash for something similar.
    Is there a link or website reference for this deal? Thanks!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by awongtse View Post
    Is there a link or website reference for this deal? Thanks!
    https://www.tdcanadatrust.com/reason...B-_-Abanner_EN

<!-- Section Title Table --> <!-- Section Title Table End --> <!-- Main Content Table start --> <!-- BEGIN CONTENT --> <!-- content table --> <!-- title row --> <!-- picture/tagline row --> <table bgcolor="#ffffff" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="445"><tbody><tr> <td colspan="3" valign="top"> Discover more
    comfortable banking
    and get up to $250.

</td> </tr> <!-- content row --> <tr> <td colspan="3" class="text"> Choosing your bank is an important decision. You want one that offers the advice and services you need, and that’s flexible enough to be available in your neighbourhood and on your schedule. At TD Canada Trust, we’re working hard to give you as many reasons to bank with us as possible.
    That’s why we offer –

We’re here to make your banking simple so you can concentrate on what’s important – living your life.
    Get up to $250

Personal Banking Customers

Could you use $250? If you could, just open a Select Service or Infinity Chequing Account, add our convenient banking services, and get approved for an eligible TD Canada Trust Credit Card by July 23, 2010, and we’ll give you a $250 Cash Bonus. See details below.
    </td></tr></tbody></table>
    ~ ~ ~

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    197 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Winnipeg to Ottawa is advertised at 2400 miles, that should give you an idea of costs, the hotels you can book vary greatly but start at around 700 miles a night
    We have tons of family and friends in Ottawa - accomodations are not an issue.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

honestly, i think this offer is great. just make sure there are no hidden catches. try other backs and see if they have similar or even better rewards program in Canada.
    Last edited by richelleM; Wed, Jun 30th, 2010 at 03:56 AM.

Thread Information