User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Expired on: Wed, Nov 11th, 2009
    Hello All!

I think I want a break from coupon hoarding, LOL so I put all my coupons in an envelope and I want to give it away to someone who will use, appreciate and share them.

There is + $300 worth of coupons up for grabs here.

Now of course I'm not just giving these away for "free", you didn't think it was that easy did you?

What I want is a fun contest that starts tonight, November 6 at midnight (EST) and ends Monday, November 9 at midnight (EST). I will choose the winner Tuesday and mail the envelope out by Wednesday.

Now what's the contest you ask?

Simple: tell me why you need these coupons, but please no sob stories, what I'm looking for is a funny story that has happened to you during one of your coupon/deal huntings/outings. Just post the stories below so that all can have a good laugh.

Be creative, be funny and most importantly have fun! Best of luck!

AND THE WINNERS ARE.....

1st place for the $300 envie ......(drum roll please)....Sandra4 !!!!
    I hope this envelope will help out your parents budding coupon addiction LOL

2nd place for the $130 envie...... Luisa_101 !!!!
    Loving the show and tells!

3rd place for the $68 envie .... Liteandsirens911 !!!!
    computer coupons! LOL

Honourable mentions:

BargainSeeker
    = $31 envie (to replace the $30 you saw go to waste right before your very eyes!)
    bargainlover84 = $27 envie
    Tripsplanner = $17 envie (a toonie! Where?!)
    If I could have the winners PM me their addresses that way I can put your envies in the mail ASAP.

Thank-you all for the wonderful entries, I really enjoyed them all. I wish I had enough coupons to give to everyone
    This thread is currently associated with: Winners
    Last edited by lizardlipz; Tue, Nov 10th, 2009 at 08:14 PM.

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

bump

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Game on!

Trading Score
    202 (100%)

Ok, great idea, this will be fun, but will post a story a bit later, just got off work and am whipped, but loved the idea.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

I have no sob stories, but here is why I would like to win:
    Last month I met up with another SC'er : Lady_Arianna, whom I met on here and we decided to meet up and go to LD together...she is a single mom and shops for herself and her family, and I shop for the homeless shelter and the women's shelter quite frequently, about once every 2 weeks...well on our last trip together, she brought along her lil 2 year old son, whom I adore, and he was being such a good boy in the shopping cart munching on leftover turkey of all things...the funny part is we get to the til after all our shopping, in which we have become favorites of the LD CS lady...well Lady Arianna pulls out a container of homemade turkey soup for her and also she was nice enough to share a package of her diaper haul with the LD lady for her little one...and I just thought it was funny because it's just not something you see quite often...the LD lady told us pretty soon people will start thinking we bribe her with goodies, LOL!!
    Anyways, if I won, I would like to share my coupons with Lady_Arianna and with another SC'er, Snowfree, who is also my mom.

Thanks for the contest, I really can't think of anymore funny stories, other than the one time I was at SDM in line and the lady infront of me was pulling her purchases out of her basket and setting them on the counter, and I thought "hey, I have coupons for that, and that, and that.." so I reach into my folder and asked her if she wanted coupons for all the things I had coupons for, and she said "Oh my Dear, you are like the Coupon fairy!!"...I had to laugh, but she was so grateful she wanted to buy me a coffee at Starbucks and I said no thank you, she was just sooo cute!

Trading Score
    202 (100%)

That's a great story Lites, loved it.

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

@ lites: LOL-awesome

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

bump

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Litesandsirens911 View Post
    I have no sob stories, but here is why I would like to win:
    Last month I met up with another SC'er : Lady_Arianna, whom I met on here and we decided to meet up and go to LD together...she is a single mom and shops for herself and her family, and I shop for the homeless shelter and the women's shelter quite frequently, about once every 2 weeks...well on our last trip together, she brought along her lil 2 year old son, whom I adore, and he was being such a good boy in the shopping cart munching on leftover turkey of all things...the funny part is we get to the til after all our shopping, in which we have become favorites of the LD CS lady...well Lady Arianna pulls out a container of homemade turkey soup for her and also she was nice enough to share a package of her diaper haul with the LD lady for her little one...and I just thought it was funny because it's just not something you see quite often...the LD lady told us pretty soon people will start thinking we bribe her with goodies, LOL!!
    Anyways, if I won, I would like to share my coupons with Lady_Arianna and with another SC'er, Snowfree, who is also my mom.

Thanks for the contest, I really can't think of anymore funny stories, other than the one time I was at SDM in line and the lady infront of me was pulling her purchases out of her basket and setting them on the counter, and I thought "hey, I have coupons for that, and that, and that.." so I reach into my folder and asked her if she wanted coupons for all the things I had coupons for, and she said "Oh my Dear, you are like the Coupon fairy!!"...I had to laugh, but she was so grateful she wanted to buy me a coffee at Starbucks and I said no thank you, she was just sooo cute!

that was a great story how generous of you

Banned
    Trading Score
    92 (99%)

one time i went to the store to buy chapmans ice cream and it was on sale for 2.89 and i had the 3.00 coupon so i gave it to the lady at the cashier and she didnt understand what to do cuz she had to owe me 12 cents from the coupon so she started burning up and her face turned all red and she was so scared. i dunno why and after she called the manager and asked him what to do so he said looks like we owe her 12 cents and they were so confused that instead of 12 cents they gave me the ice cream for free and on top pf that they gave me 2.89 in cash and i was so happy.I couldnt believe it. it was a great day . LOL
    maybe this is not funny but thats all i have. i thought it was pretty funny.

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

bump

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

My 3.5 year old daughter has started to ask me how much everything costs lately. When we went to zellers today to pick up some of the 50% off glade scented oil tins she of course asked me how much it was. I told her they were free with the $2 off coupons.

She pats me on the leg, says "good job mommy now can I have christmas barbie cause you got it for free".

I thought it was amusing.

Banned
    Trading Score
    92 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargainlover84 View Post
    my 3.5 year old daughter has started to ask me how much everything costs lately. When we went to zellers today to pick up some of the 50% off glade scented oil tins she of course asked me how much it was. I told her they were free with the $2 off coupons.

She pats me on the leg, says "good job mommy now can i have christmas barbie cause you got it for free".

I thought it was amusing.

lol

Trading Score
    96 (100%)

I would love these coupons, I would definately ROAK alot of them and maybe keep a few for myself LOL. Id send some to a newbie to help get them going and make them addicted muahahahahah

Trading Score
    67 (100%)

Not that this is super funny or anything but I just loved the expression on the WM cashiers face as I handed him my coupons - he was in utter shock .

So, I had to run into WM the other evening to pick up a few items and we all know you never leave home without your coupons. Turned out that everything that I ended up getting I had a coupon for including some playtex money and kimberley clarke money. As this yoCheerung guy, maybe 18, is punching in all the coupons you could tell that he thought I was a bit strange for using tons of coupons, so I said to him "well, every penny helps, you can save a lot of money using coupons." His reply was priceless, "ya but most people only have a few cents worth of coupons, you have like over $12 here", the look on his face and his tone were too funny that I chuckled to myself and went on my merry way.

Just wanted to share my chuckle with others.

If I won the coupons I would share them with my fellow SCers at our monthly Winnipeg coupon exchange and use some others to help fill Christmas hampers and to put towards "Hunger for Hope"; a baby food drive here in Winnipeg.

Cheers!
    Start earning SwagBucks here: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/DanesMom

It's easy, it's fun, and it's free!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information