User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My reason for joining posting here on this forum is tell as many people as I can about my experience at Mark's Workwear House. I am a 63 year old cancer patient who never gets into arguements or complains.

After a very surprising and upsetting experience in the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>Kamloops</st1:place></st1:City> Mark's Workwear House yesterday I went to their site to see what they have to say about customer service. I didn’t find anything there about treating customers with respect. I have to assume that they have no policy.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    My husband and I have shopped at Mark’s for more years than I can remember. My husband not only has purchases his own clothes at your store but also his company’s shirts which he has embroidered with his company logo for himself and his staff. He usually stocks up a few times a year. Last week he bought five or six of your non-iron shirts and two pair of pants. The bill was somewhere around $450.
    <o:p></o:p>
    On <st1:date Year="2010" Day="2" Month="6">Friday June 2, 2010</st1:date> we went back to the <st1:City><st1:place>Aberdeen</st1:place></st1:City> branch to exchange the pants because they were too long. I waited for him at <st1:City><st1:place>Moore</st1:place></st1:City>’s, across the parking lot where he was buying a few sports jackets. He came out of your store red faced and upset. He is the most easy going, good natured, cheerful, polite, man on the planet. He never looses his temper or gets into arguments. He told me, and the staff at <st1:City><st1:place>Moore</st1:place></st1:City>’s that the cashier had been very rude and snippy. She told him that because the pants had been washed she wouldn’t exchange them and to take them someplace to have them hemmed. She said he should have made sure they were the right size before he bought them, with a condescending sneer. Then a few more insulting comments.
    When he purchased the pants we had spent over an hour trying on different ones. He wanted the flat front. The pants on display were thrown all over the place and we had a difficult time finding his size. A sales man picked out the pants we bought. He brought them to the cash register for us. He said they were the right size and length and we assumed they were.
    I couldn’t believe what my husband told me what the cashier had said to him. I said she must have misunderstood. I said I would go back and explain what happened. I go into the store; I am already a little upset by what my husband had told me.
    I go into the store. The cashier and another young women with blonde hair were standing around chatting. The blonde girl said she was in charge. I started to explain to her what had happened with the pants. The cashier interrupts me and says “PFFFFfff ….. that’s the guy I told you about he wants to exchange those pants that were washed” rolling her eyes with disgust. They refused to even listen to me. They both said “that’s our policy” “it’s not my problem, you shouldn’t have bought them if they didn’t fit” “Why should I loose my job over you” in that annoying, condescending way that only young, arrogant, self absorbed teenage girls can perfect. I persevered in trying to explain. The cashier told me to get the f –ck out of her store. The other screamed at me to get out and not come back and she was going to call security.
    So, I went back over to <st1:City><st1:place>Moore</st1:place></st1:City>’s and told them what had happened. They were astonished and sympathetic. We gave them your pants to hem and bought some more items totally about $1000.
    As I said above I never get into arguments like this. This sort of experience only causes stress and upset that isn’t good for anyone. But, these two employees were so condescending, disrespectful, sarcastic and insulting that I can’t let it go by without saying something.
    Needless to say my husband and his company will be purchasing business clothes at <st1:City><st1:place>Moore</st1:place></st1:City>’s from now on.
    This thread is currently associated with: Mark's, Microsoft

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well the cashier had no right to be rude or vulgar with you but I don't know of any stores that return or exchange worn and washed clothing. I personally wouldn't want to buy someone's second-hand clothing - unless it was a second-hand clothing store.
    I don't think you or your husband would have been impressed if, when getting home, you found the "new" pants you had just bought were actually worn and washed, and sold to you as new.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

I agree, although the cashier was pretty rude once you wash it...you own it! (unless it has a manufactures error)

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

That was pretty rude behaviour from the cashier..but yeah once they have been washed stores aren't as likely to return them. You would have been able to tell if they were the right fit and length when you tried them on prior to washing.

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

We bought a pair of coveralls from Marks, and on my man's second day wearing them, they ripped in the crotch and part way down the leg. We tried to return them, and they TOLD us to bring them home and wash them, and then come back and we'd talk about a return!

Im not thrilled with the Mark's here. But it's the only place where my man can get workwear.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So you had a chance to read the label and see if it was teh size he wears (as you say, he shops there often). He had the chance to try them on in store, easy there with unlocked rooms and no attendant. He had the chance to try them on at home before removing the tags

But no, he put the pants on that were too long, cut the tags off, WORE Them one or more times, washed them...and only then decides he wants to return them?

NO STORE WILL TAKE BACK WORN CLOTHES BECAUSE YOU CHANGED YOUR MIND(some might if shown to be defective)

Why should they have to throw them away and take a total loss on them? Do you think someone else should buy your used, worn, tagless, washed pants at a new clothing store?

Oh look I lost some weight, Im going to take back all the clothes I had before and exchange them for new ones in a smaller size. Right.

Spend a few bucks and have them hemmed like any normal person would.

Good luck at Moores...they wont take back your used clothes either!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by wigglesmom View Post
    So you had a chance to read the label and see if it was teh size he wears (as you say, he shops there often). He had the chance to try them on in store, easy there with unlocked rooms and no attendant. He had the chance to try them on at home before removing the tags

But no, he put the pants on that were too long, cut the tags off, WORE Them one or more times, washed them...and only then decides he wants to return them?

NO STORE WILL TAKE BACK WORN CLOTHES BECAUSE YOU CHANGED YOUR MIND(some might if shown to be defective)

Why should they have to throw them away and take a total loss on them? Do you think someone else should buy your used, worn, tagless, washed pants at a new clothing store?

Oh look I lost some weight, Im going to take back all the clothes I had before and exchange them for new ones in a smaller size. Right.

Why are you so rude to everyone? She's clearly upset about being sworn at - I don't care what the return policy is - a cashier should never ever tell anyone to get the f**k out of the store -

There has got to be a better purpose to life than trolling sites and trying to upset people who feel they've had bad experiences - just let it go -

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Last warning, stop being so rude!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Honestly I agree they were rude but on the same token didn't need to take the pants back unless there was some defect. I try on everything I buy and once I`m home i re-check it all again and then if on second check I find there is a problem I will put it right back in the bag and take it right back then or the very next day. I have had people come into the hotel where I work at 3am and when I say we have no rooms available. They will stand there and argue with me and harass me and pound on the front desk,etc. At that point I have told a couple of them to f off too. Once I have told you there are no rooms, the hotel is full, theres no reason for you to keep standing there screaming at me that I dont know anything about customer service and if I did I would find them an f`n room. yes I`ll bunk you with another guest or better yet I`ll build you a room. I have actually said that to a couple people as well, would you like me to build you an f`n room. Im usually very mild mannered but some people will test that.
    Last edited by cabmonk; Tue, Jul 6th, 2010 at 01:15 AM.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I wouldn't be so high and mighty if I were you. You can't even read!
    She never said he wore them first.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

wigglesmom you are rude and disgusting.

The OP was wrong in trying to take the pants back by that does not give the snotty brat of a cashier license to swear or insult them.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've read the post twice now and it's just weird.

Why is the OPs health status brought into play?

Why would anyone wear pants that didn't fit to work and then wash them and try to return them??

There's always 3 sides to every story: the customer's, the salesperson's, and the truth.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pippinelkhound View Post
    I've read the post twice now and it's just weird.

Why is the OPs health status brought into play?

Why would anyone wear pants that didn't fit to work and then wash them and try to return them??

There's always 3 sides to every story: the customer's, the salesperson's, and the truth.
    I re-read and I still don't see where it says he wore them first. Just he washed them. Which is what you do after buying new clothes before wearing them, correct? Since you never know who tried them on at the store.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoddessDigi View Post
    I re-read and I still don't see where it says he wore them first. Just he washed them. Which is what you do after buying new clothes before wearing them, correct? Since you never know who tried them on at the store.
    I usually try them on one last time when i get home before anything else. However it doesn't mater, the OP hasn't been back to reply to any of this anyway.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Stupid double post...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information