User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Can someone clarify this for me? Does 'one per purchase' mean one coupon per receipt or one coupon per item purchased?

I went out today hoping to stock up on a few supplies. I had intended to buy 5 toothbrushes for $0.29 each after coupons. I gave the checkout girl 5 coupons for $1 off each (same coupon, same UPC, not LD) and she told me that I could only use one per purchase as that is what the coupon said, so I said I'd just buy the one toothbrush then. So is that right? Seemed kind of silly to me that she was basically telling me to just get back in line and purchase one at a time
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Depends on the store, but I once read someone on here who says 'and how many am I purchasing?' I tried that and it usually works, or I offer to do as many transactions as it will take and then they say 'ok I will do it this time'
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Depends on the store, but I once read someone on here who says 'and how many am I purchasing?' I tried that and it usually works, or I offer to do as many transactions as it will take and then they say 'ok I will do it this time'
    I like that line of 'how many am I purchasing'. This is what I tried to say to her as well. I was thinking of asking her 'does it say one per customer', too. I was tempted to hold up the line as well, seeing as it was just getting busy. I think the people behind me probably would have worked as good incentive to just let it go
    Last edited by Sporeo; Thu, Jul 8th, 2010 at 11:21 AM.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

One per purchase is one per TRANSACTION according to the OFFICIAL polices of both walmart and loblaws. Both posted here a few days ago. I dunno why you people cant just follow the rules instead of being difficult with the cashiers who are only following the rules they've been told to. If someone in front of me tried to pull getting the cashier to ring in their one per purchase transaction coupons in separate transaction I can guarantee they'd be going to the end of the line for the 2nd one. Can you not just act civil and follow the rules? I swear if they bring that show the Hoarders to Canada they could recruit a whole season's worth from this site easy.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

LOBLAWS "We do accept manufacturer coupons however they must have "To The Dealer or Retailer" text on them. They cannot be past expiration and the cashier must follow the exact instructions as laid out by the coupon. The disclaimer “one per purchase” or “one per customer” means only one coupon can be used per transaction regardless of the number of units you are purchasing. If the disclaimer reads “one coupon per item” you would be able to redeem as many coupons as units you are purchasing per transaction. At this time we do not offer anything like “double coupon” or “double stacking days”. If any of the coupons you are redeeming for an item say “cannot be combined with any other offer” than you are not able to redeem a second coupon on that item. Lastly, we do accept “2 for 1” coupons as long as they adhere to the above mentioned stipulations. We also often have in store “2 for 1” sales and promotions for which a coupon is not necessary." WALMART

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

* o Item matches coupon (size, style...) o Scanable barcode is present o Dealer address to redeem coupon is present (Canadian address) o "One coupon per purchase" means one coupon per transaction o "One coupon per item" means one coupon per each individual item. So that more than one of the same coupon could be used in one transaction "

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You can get the rest, they are all the same. Just because a few cashiers let you get away with it doesnt give you the right to bully the erst or inconvenience the other customers just because you think you are entitles to break the rules when you want to. Wont kill you to hoard your glade one at a time ykwim?

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

One per purchase means one per item,one per person means one item per person,I had the manager of superstore come up to check this very problem today and she said Yes she can buy multiples as long as she has a coupon for each item.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

UM I just posted the OFFICIAL word on the issue from loblaws/rcss and walamrt. At lest read the posts before responding

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Hey wigglesmom... "You people"? Mmhrmm. I think if you took the time to READ my post, you'd notice it was a QUESTION. I happen to be NEW to couponing, so... IDK... I like to ask questions when I'm not sure of things. So sorry that offends you. I can tell you're clearly an expert seeing as you feel it's your right to go off on random people for asking questions about policies and wording, but I've seen many people here have no trouble using the same coupon for the same purchase on multiples of the same item, so I came here looking for clarification in case I was missing something.

Since you're new to the forum, I'd also like to introduce you to the edit button. It can be found in the bottom right hand corner of every single one of your posts. Feel free to make use of it from time to time instead of spamming threads continuously, especially when you are spazzing out at people who are new to couponing and are simply asking questions. It would be most appreciated.
    Last edited by Sporeo; Thu, Jul 8th, 2010 at 11:13 PM.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wigglesmom View Post
    One per purchase is one per TRANSACTION according to the OFFICIAL polices of both walmart and loblaws. Both posted here a few days ago. I dunno why you people cant just follow the rules instead of being difficult with the cashiers who are only following the rules they've been told to. If someone in front of me tried to pull getting the cashier to ring in their one per purchase transaction coupons in separate transaction I can guarantee they'd be going to the end of the line for the 2nd one. Can you not just act civil and follow the rules? I swear if they bring that show the Hoarders to Canada they could recruit a whole season's worth from this site easy.
    LOBLAWS "We do accept manufacturer coupons however they must have "To The Dealer or Retailer" text on them. They cannot be past expiration and the cashier must follow the exact instructions as laid out by the coupon. The disclaimer “one per purchase” or “one per customer” means only one coupon can be used per transaction regardless of the number of units you are purchasing. If the disclaimer reads “one coupon per item” you would be able to redeem as many coupons as units you are purchasing per transaction. At this time we do not offer anything like “double coupon” or “double stacking days”. If any of the coupons you are redeeming for an item say “cannot be combined with any other offer” than you are not able to redeem a second coupon on that item. Lastly, we do accept “2 for 1” coupons as long as they adhere to the above mentioned stipulations. We also often have in store “2 for 1” sales and promotions for which a coupon is not necessary." WALMART
    * o Item matches coupon (size, style...) o Scanable barcode is present o Dealer address to redeem coupon is present (Canadian address) o "One coupon per purchase" means one coupon per transaction o "One coupon per item" means one coupon per each individual item. So that more than one of the same coupon could be used in one transaction "
    You can get the rest, they are all the same. Just because a few cashiers let you get away with it doesnt give you the right to bully the erst or inconvenience the other customers just because you think you are entitles to break the rules when you want to. Wont kill you to hoard your glade one at a time ykwim?
    UM I just posted the OFFICIAL word on the issue from loblaws/rcss and walamrt. At lest read the posts before responding
    This is what your 5th warning for being really rude to other members. Please think about it for a day and come back refreshed. There is no need to be so rude

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Wow, so rude..

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Most people on here are just trying to save money,whats your excuse?

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Wow!!! It seems as though someone is thinking that the money that is saved by people is coming out of her wallet......

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is precisely the reason I don't post much on this site anywhere, don't want rude postings directed at me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information