User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    The entire customer service department of a major retail chain shouldn't take the entire weekend off. The weekend shouldn't be a factor.
    I know of most places like that and they have certain people that go through emails,etc and they get many of them. Those people usually work Mon-Fri from what I know and all they do is respond to emails,etc.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    I know of most places like that and they have certain people that go through emails,etc and they get many of them. Those people usually work Mon-Fri from what I know and all they do is respond to emails,etc.
    I worked for an American retail chain and email customer service was 7 days a week. After all, customers are shopping 7 days a week, why would customer service be closed two of those days? If that's the way Canadian Tire does things, that's pitiful. Same goes for any company that operates 7 days a week.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

CS has totally gone down hill, Ive had a few incidents with both young and old employees, and was soooo mad leaving on a few occasions. I had wanted motorcycle ramps, ( the kind you can drive up into the back of a pickup truck) $150 in the flyer with a picture . The man showed me the stands that you drive a car up to do work underneath...no..I wanted the ramps pictured in the flyer. He said the picture was a misprint. I pointed out that those were 44.95, I wanted the $150 ones. He said the price was a misprint as well!! He actually yelled at me that they dont guarantee their flyer is correct, and I should know what I am looking for....Grrrr
    Another time I hunted up and down for mothballs with an employee for at least 10 minutes. When I found them, I said Oh here they are....He said he didnt see them, because he was looking for "motha balls" and had I asked for the right thing, he knew were they were. Like seriously?? Poor training on CT end

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

there is definitely a lack of the business being sure the workers are trained properly but on the other hand - people are well aware if they know enough about the store or not and can speak out to ask for extra training - I do that a lot to be sure I can help people when it involves products I don't use personally

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Don't get me wrong I do think for the most part CS had gone way down. I try to do what I can at the hotel where I work. I usually try to deal with issues if I can before passing it off to a manager in the morning. Since I work all by myself overnight it is sometimes hard to handle every issue that comes up.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't shop at our local CT as it has gone to all self-serve checkouts, you wouldn't believe the backup. They use the cs checkout as the only manned checkout. Fewer people on the floor now. Those on the floor seem to be stressed out. Not sure if owners had to do this is to compete with Walmart and Home Depot or just want to increase their revenue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information