User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh was I ever angry yesterday with the country hills Canadian Tire in Calgary

Here's a copy of the feedback I sent in on the website

Comments: Hello - I was in the Canadian Tire in Calgary on Country hills blv. yesterday with my kids trying to get help with lightbulbs. We went to the lightbulb section and looked around for about 10 minutes but needed help - my daughter went through the store trying to find anyone who could help us and she could not find anyone - So I went to the self checkout and asked the lady there to page someone to come help us - She did this so I went back to wait - another 10 minutes went by and it was clear nobody was coming - I then used my cell phone to call the store - I got in touch with customer service and explained how long we were there and what we needed - She offered no explanation or apology - all she said was "I'll try to get in touch with her" and hung up on me - another 10 minutes and nobody came! I was quite upset by then so we went back up to the front - I told the girl there what was going on - again no apology - she tried paging people and nobody would come help - we then sat through her having a fight on the phone with an employee who wanted to continue stocking shelves rather than come help us - finally somebody showed up and we went over to the lights - then he tells me he has no knowledge of lightbulbs and that he would go find a different person to help - another 10 minutes go by and he brings a girl who also was no help - after all that waiting around and having employees be rude to us we ended up leaving the store without the bulbs I needed - this is by far the worst service I have ever received in my life and I am quite shocked that it happened in a store like Canadian Tire - nobody seemed to care that I needed help and thought nothing of making myself and my kids wait and wait - at this point I am not sure if I'll ever go back there because of this but I wanted to write this to let the company know that situations like this are going on in their stores

Thank you for your time

Curious to hear what they'll say to that but really not expecting anything at all
    This thread is currently associated with: Canadian Tire
    Last edited by Aviallani; Sat, Jul 24th, 2010 at 08:36 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think you would be better off calling the store Monday and ask for the general manager tell him/her about your bad experiences.
    Last edited by Poirot; Sat, Jul 24th, 2010 at 10:39 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by berrygrower View Post
    How are a bunch of high school kids that work all over the store supposed to know what light bulb you need

You really need o know what you need your self when you go
    they have older people who work in each section and are trained in the products - and I work with teens as well and they would never be rude like these people were so I don't think age is the trouble here - and the ones at the front were older

Isn't this part of that whole "No trolling" thing that's going on here? I posted a bad experience and saying that I need to know before I go in there is really saying this was y own fault?

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

That is unaceptable. they should not have to page someone more than once to get someone to help you in the department. I could understand it taking a while if the store/department was busy but it doesnt sound like it was. The fact that you called cs to try to get help is creative imo. good luck and I hope they give you a reply soon.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    125 (100%)

wow.. The canadian tire in Slave Lake AB is the same way... we have not been back since our bad incident.... And I wonder if berrygrower works there...lol

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by albertamommie View Post
    wow.. The canadian tire in Slave Lake AB is the same way... we have not been back since our bad incident.... And I wonder if berrygrower works there...lol
    ugh that sucks - doing cs work myself I have no patience for rudeness and laziness

as for berrygrower - 3 posts all negative - I think its our troll back again

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Well, that's awful. You definitely should contact the store manager.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

That is terrible...even a "bunch of teenagers" need to be trained in the area they work in for crying out loud...they are there to HELP customers so I assume some knowledge of what is being sold should be trained. Its like saying that a teenager at a full service gas pump should not have to know how to pump your gas for you.

I hope you get a response, that is terrible customer service!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

UGH! Canadian Tire is totally going down hill in the CS department, I totally sympathize with you, DH and I went through a similar experience here in RD just a few weeks ago. I actually called and spoke to Manger later on, and his reason was that "sorry all we have are students". I don't blame the poor students. I blame the stores for lack of training. Keep us updated, I wanna know what your store has to say

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

My Dad went into our local Canadian tire store last January and couldn't find vacuum bags. He asked a department manager where the vacuum cleaner bags were. The department manager (of whatever department he was in) answered, I imagine their in the vacuum cleaner department, and that was no teenager. My Dad hasn't been in that store since.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

kind of ironic that three days later we are still waiting for a reply lol pathetic! and teenagers are definitely not the issue - poor training and bad work ethics by a range of ages
    Last edited by Aviallani; Tue, Jul 27th, 2010 at 01:01 AM. Reason: teens are NOT the issue - bad error there

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Aviallani View Post
    kind of ironic that three days later we are still waiting for a reply lol pathetic! and teenagers are definitely the issue - poor training and bad work ethics by a range of ages
    But its probably only been Monday that they had a chance to get to their emails. You could say pathetic if by Thursday they don't get back to you but I wouldn't count the weekend in your 3 days there. It kind of reminds me of the person that called our hotel at 9pm asking for the manager but the manager only works 8am to 4pm. So they took a message and said the manager would be back in the morning. So what does this person do they call me at 4am screaming wondering why the manager hadn't called them back yet, umm bc like you were told last night they won't be here till the morning and no that doesn't mean 4am.
    Last edited by cabmonk; Tue, Jul 27th, 2010 at 12:27 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    But its probably only been Monday that they had a chance to get to their emails. You could say pathetic if by Thursday they don't get back to you but I wouldn't count the weekend in your 3 days there.
    fair enough and I did wonder about that - just a little disappointed after tonight - I went to work with a pinched hip nerve - every step was excruciating but I still gave 110% to every person that needed help and they never knew anything was wrong - that's just how I was raised - give your all at work and leave your personal issues at the door -

Oh and totally not contacting CT and raging about how they haven't gotten back to us - just expressing how I feel here is all
    Last edited by Aviallani; Tue, Jul 27th, 2010 at 12:30 AM.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Aviallani View Post
    fair enough and I did wonder about that - just a little disappointed after tonight - I went to work with a pinched hip nerve - every step was excruciating but I still gave 110% to every person that needed help and they never knew anything was wrong - that's just how I was raised - give your all at work and leave your personal issues at the door -

Oh and totally not contacting CT and raging about how they haven't gotten back to us - just expressing how I feel here is all
    No I understand that. It just made me laugh bc it made me think of that guy that called me screaming at 4am why the manager hadn't called him back yet. Well bc you called at 9pm and the manager doesn't come back till 8am so why exactly would you call back at 4am,lol. What general manager that you know is at work at 4am.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    But its probably only been Monday that they had a chance to get to their emails. You could say pathetic if by Thursday they don't get back to you but I wouldn't count the weekend in your 3 days there.
    The entire customer service department of a major retail chain shouldn't take the entire weekend off. The weekend shouldn't be a factor.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information