User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Kept forgetting to post this...

If you've visited the south WM recently you'll see they completely took out the parking area on the one side... somewhat obvious WM was expanding, but who REALLY knew, lol. They are also re-doing much of the inside; moving departments/aisles and such... so I finally asked. And YES, it will be a WAL-MART SUPERCENTER... I am SO excited for this, haha! Shall be awesome for Red Deer, eh!

Didn't ask when they expect to be done, oops, but hey. Great to know!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    Last edited by SmackUTwice; Thu, Mar 17th, 2011 at 09:02 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Lol, yes I read this in the Advocate a few months back This is EXCELLENT news! Aside from their meat (bleh!) Supercentres are awesome! I hope they have a lot of parking and don't do what Bower Mall did to meet the square footage to parking stall ratio requirement and shrink the stalls. I'm excited!
    Last edited by shortnquirky; Fri, Jul 30th, 2010 at 08:42 PM.

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shortnquirky View Post
    Lol, yes I read this in the Advocate a few months back This is EXCELLENT news! Aside from their meat (bleh!) Supercentres are awesome! I hope they have a lot of parking and don't do what Bower Mall did to meet the square footage to parking stall ratio requirement and shrink the stalls. I'm excited!

lol, oh. I don't read the paper.

WM has a huge parking lot... half of it doesn't even get used... even on busy days, lol. So hopefully they will be fine!

WOO!!

Daddy-O
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Actually just had an article in the paper a couple days ago about the work progressing on this. Apparently should be open early next year (really?! I didn't think it would actually take that long)

http://www.albertalocalnews.com/redd..._99460224.html

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good news for Red Deer.Grocery price wars.

Daddy-O
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I dunno. The existing WalMarts seem to carry pretty much everything except the fresh stuff (meat, fruit, veggies), so that's about all that would be added. I've compared prices when I've hit other SuperCentres (Sylvan) and their prices aren't that great. Certainly competitive, but nothing to write home about.

Oddly enough the one thing that seemed to happen to other areas is as WalMarts moved in, the Extra Foods all got converted to No Frills. Now there's a store you gotta keep an eye on. They'll often do SCREAMING deals. Often hit the one in Stettler when I'm out there (dang it, gotta remember to pack a cooler when I go that direction, always got ice cream treats on sale).

I'm looking forward to the SuperCentre (especially since it's pretty close to me), but I don't forsee it really shaking up the landscape.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by omegacanuck View Post
    I dunno. The existing WalMarts seem to carry pretty much everything except the fresh stuff (meat, fruit, veggies), so that's about all that would be added. I've compared prices when I've hit other SuperCentres (Sylvan) and their prices aren't that great. Certainly competitive, but nothing to write home about.

Oddly enough the one thing that seemed to happen to other areas is as WalMarts moved in, the Extra Foods all got converted to No Frills. Now there's a store you gotta keep an eye on. They'll often do SCREAMING deals. Often hit the one in Stettler when I'm out there (dang it, gotta remember to pack a cooler when I go that direction, always got ice cream treats on sale).

I'm looking forward to the SuperCentre (especially since it's pretty close to me), but I don't forsee it really shaking up the landscape.
    I think the other stores will worry about losing business to the Supercentre and have some really good deals to keep their customers.Red Deer has had grocery price wars before when Superstore came and one between Walmart and Parkland Mall Safeway.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Does anyone know when the Supercenter opens?

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Anyone heard when the grand opening will be? Haven't been there lately but I hear it's almost done!

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Nothing about a grand opening, but they are nearly done--saw the shelving for all the food (I think) up... and walked in the new doors, muh haha! lol

Pretty exciting!

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Thanks smack! I can't wait

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Gotta be soon!!! :D:D

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

They are opening the grocery section next week sometime. The bakery, deli etc won't open until the Grand opening in March I think. The time frame keeps changing. But I know the food section will be open soon!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh wow, this is exciting! Thanks for the updates everyone! I don't go to the Wal-Mart often, but will soon, now that it's a SuperCenter to check things out, haha!

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

My back is killing me slowly... not softly... argh, but I am goign to attemtp to get out today. Def to the mall. Maybe WM... see how I feel, lol!

I'm very excited about this SuperCenter... !!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information