User Tag List

Page 125 of 2552 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 175 225 625 1125 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 38270
Like Tree169176Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Smart Canuck GottaLoveFreeebies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Lol!Ditto! Except carrots no peas!!!

quote=NancyM;1496546]roast beef mashed taters gravy and peas all good except for the peas[/quote]

Blessed with 4 children
    Trading Score
    347 (100%)

Bacon alfredo penne...I wish it was perogies. Mmm...

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

baked haddock( my first time baking real fish!!! normally I use the battered kind in a box!) mashed spuds, and yellow beans! was so yummy!!!!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I love to cook, but don't really have a lot of time, so I usually buy whatever's on sale and cook a couple of big meals on the weekend to last a couple of days, or at least to have the hard work down. This weekend I did sticky-sweet pork back ribs. I also roasted some chicken legs & shredded the meat for later this week (pizza, salads, sandwiches, etc).

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

It's tough looking at this thread in the middle of the night. I want some mashed potatoes and gravy NOW!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GottaLoveFreeebies View Post
    Lol!Ditto! Except carrots no peas!!!

quote=NancyM;1496546]roast beef mashed taters gravy and peas all good except for the peas
    [/quote]

Roast beef is what's for dinner tonight! With smashed potatoes, gravy, mixed veggies, and salad.

Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    baked haddock( my first time baking real fish!!! normally I use the battered kind in a box!) mashed spuds, and yellow beans! was so yummy!!!!!
    It's much better, isn't it??? I'm not a huge haddock fan, though, my fave fish is real whitefish - or cod, sole, or pink salmon.

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

Good morning Natalka!

I have a question for you, if you don't mind. I want more perogies! But... of course I'm not going to be making them any time soon. So, is there any brand or type you could recommend? Chimo? No Name? President's Choice? Natalka's Best? ;-)
    Last edited by mcminsen; Mon, Nov 23rd, 2009 at 08:07 AM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Funny, Cheemo is at the very bottom of our list - which is funny, since it's the one most advertised, and what people usually think of first. I think they are awful...
    Next to homemade (mine or any others) our fave is Co-op perogies, the ones in the 750g bag, not the ones in the box. However, I googled and couldn't find any Co-op Marketplace stores in BC, so perhaps you don't have them. Must be a prairie thing!
    So, next up is No Name (Superstore/Extra Foods). Next after that is Safeway brand, then Sobey's Compliments.
    Almost always we buy the potato and cheddar; once in a while with onion.
    But next best to homemade is finding a Ukrainian or even Polish church where often the ladies make and sell perogies. They cost more than the store-bought ones, but the taste difference is worth it.
    Smachnoho! (Happy Eating!)

Smart Canuck GottaLoveFreeebies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Mmmmm...nothing is better than homeade perogies!!! That is good to know about the other brands....I make my own but ran out before and tried Cheemo.....put me off store bought perogies! Will try the store brands next time!

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Tonight is pasta with plain pasta sauce...and on the side chicken.

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

Tonight plain old spaghetti. Its my first homemade sauce! My dad used to make the best spaghetti sauce. Unfortunatly, I never got his recipe. I found a recipe that looked like the one he made, tweeked it a bit & I almost got the same results. The aroma brought back awesome memories. I was so happy I almost copied it to a T, it was one of those recipes that goes in the oven for the whole day. Man did I ever stare at the timer, could not wait to taste it!
    My Queen passed out from pure bliss thanks to her secret Santa. Bless you kind angel

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm having pasta as well, spinash and cheese ravioli with rosé sauce + grilled aspargus
    Nanoush

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by blackpup View Post
    Tonight plain old spaghetti. Its my first homemade sauce! My dad used to make the best spaghetti sauce. Unfortunatly, I never got his recipe. I found a recipe that looked like the one he made, tweeked it a bit & I almost got the same results. The aroma brought back awesome memories. I was so happy I almost copied it to a T, it was one of those recipes that goes in the oven for the whole day. Man did I ever stare at the timer, could not wait to taste it!
    That's just awesome!!! So there really will be nothing 'plain' about your dinner!!! I know what you mean about aromas... so many things I remember about my mom's kitchen. But what's nice is that now my son has those feelings about my cooking, so that's cool!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Tonight is Beef Stroganoff (DH's favourite), and Egg Noodles with butter and parsley.
    Last edited by couponcrazy; Mon, Nov 23rd, 2009 at 04:00 PM.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Chili with nachos

Thread Information