User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Zellers Failure

Trading Score
    68 (97%)

I would of left the cart of crap there as well! This is an example of how the gray areas of wording come into play "competitors" and "right to limit" give a cashier room to pick and choose what to PM - meaning the consumer never knows what they can PM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

LOL @ the person who would have put all their stuff back . who has time to do that?

I would have left it there too!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am creating employment for today's youth!!
    My zellers would not price match Limited time offer items in Walmart's Aniv. Flyer nor CT weekend specials.
    Yes, the cart was only half full. But it happened again. One more time and i quit Zellers.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

really? i had NO problems. bought a few items and used coupons to boot.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jmalias View Post
    My zellers would not price match Limited time offer items in Walmart's Aniv. Flyer nor CT weekend specials.
    Yes, the cart was only half full. But it happened again. One more time and i quit Zellers.
    What in the heck is different to Zellers about the Walmart Anniversary sale everything at Walmart is a time limited special.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I recently PM and used my SPC card, along with coupons, at Zellers and had no issues at all. I PM'd maybe 15 items. The cashier thanked me for being so nice about it all!
    I haven't been turned down yet...I am trying to keep it that way

Trading Score
    185 (100%)

The OP was obviously being sarcastic about that, since he/she are upset about Zellers always trying to change their PM policy.

Quote Originally Posted by howwon View Post
    You must have a lot of free time on your hands, to try and pull this stunt on a weekly basis.

IMO, this is immature and a good way to get yourself banned from the store.

Be the bigger person and let it go.
    Join Swagbucks and earn points for searching, surveys and more!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

To save yourself aggravation next time take your flyers to customer service first before shopping and ask what you can price match.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

It is and always has been Zellers policy not to price match items that state special sale or limit quanities.
    I just think most cashiers don't care or don't know.
    But that policy is not new.

So they wouldn't be PMing most of walmarts flyer. Or shoppers 2 day specials.

As for not price matching metro, I've never heard of them not PMing a grocery store. But that it true, its not their direct competition.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I have PMed to grocery stores before but its clearly against their PM policy to PM 2 day sales or anything that says quantities may be limited

Mine will only let you buy 4 of most things so they stick to 4 for PMing
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Zellers was always my favorite place to price match.

Tried to price match SDM Sunday/Monday specials, sorry sir, we don't price match time limited specials

Tried to price match Walmart pop, sorry sir, we don't price match limited quantities specials

Tried to price match Grocery store ad, sorry sir, we only price match department stores, Metro is not our competitor

WTF, please call over a manager, manager says zellers price match rules have changed to be more in line with their competitors

I just left my full cart, with both of them wondering, where is he going, and that is a lot of stuff to put back

I may make this a weekly thing as zellers is right beside my regular grocery store, fill the cart and leave it at the till
    Please don't leave your cart full of stuff there. It's rude, and not to mention annoying, and petty. (I realize you are kidding, but please don't. )

Anywho, not at my Zellers store, but I've heard of a few of those policies before. It's also not fair to the poor employees ( case and point, myself) who are simply following instructions. We don't make up policies, I go by what I'm told.
    Last edited by nscouponchick; Mon, Sep 20th, 2010 at 10:23 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Most department stores in Australia have their own credit card companies, ... It also owns Zellers, another major Canadian department store. ... Colombia, and Peru, with París -its main Chilean competitor- coming on its heels. ..... Stores that carry a general line of groceries and other product lines similar to ...

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sucks that that happens. Again I am astounded that they would give up a deal. I don't know how compensation works for coupons from competitors when they PM, but the aim is to sell as much as you can and clear out that inventory. Otherwise you look like some Zellers around here, with dusty merchandise that look like it hasn't moved in weeks.

Glad to say that my local Zellers is actually improving. What used to be dingy, and depressing is still lacking customers(so a little depressing), but its clean and I usually find what I want easily. Plus if you get the right cashier, they are friendly and on their game.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by preza View Post
    Sucks that that happens. Again I am astounded that they would give up a deal. I don't know how compensation works for coupons from competitors when they PM, but the aim is to sell as much as you can and clear out that inventory. Otherwise you look like some Zellers around here, with dusty merchandise that look like it hasn't moved in weeks.

Glad to say that my local Zellers is actually improving. What used to be dingy, and depressing is still lacking customers(so a little depressing), but its clean and I usually find what I want easily. Plus if you get the right cashier, they are friendly and on their game.
    Actually I think some of the Zellers stock hasn't moved in months and years.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    Actually I think some of the Zellers stock hasn't moved in months and years.
    I was in Zellers today buying Greenworks and I found a Duracell battery package with a sticker coupon on it that expired 9/30/09.
    Last edited by Poirot; Fri, Oct 22nd, 2010 at 12:15 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information