User Tag List

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I was @ Shoppers yesterday - used a $2 off coupon on something that was $1.99... the lady said 'ughhh it won't take the $2 off cause thats more than the price' as she was saying this I was watching her enter the $2 and then she said 'oh it did' then proceeded to deleted the $2 coupon and re-enter it at $1.99....I just laughed and pulled out my next coupon (the P&G $5 one) and she rings in my 2 items - one was 1.99 and one was 2.99 and so she says to me 'I can't accept this coupon as your purchase doesn't total $5'... seriously lady? I suggested that she just enter it as $4.98 and she said no, they were not allowed to do that... I explained to her that she just had done it for the other item I purchased and she ignored me and told me that I was more than welcome to have my $5 off coupon back (obviously!!!) but that she wasn't going to accept it. So I took my coupon back and told her I no longer wanted the 2 items then (obviously) and I watched her scan them both to remove them... rang through my other items, I paid and was finally on my way. Last night I did a double check on my bill (which I would normally do before leaving the store but I was on my lunch break and running late) and noticed she hadn't deleted the $2.99 item!

Is it too late for me to go back and get a refund on that item? I don't really have any proof that I didn't purchase it, and I never want to deal with that lady again. She started my purchase with saying 'Would you like a bag' to which I responded 'yes please'... well at the end of the transaction my items were all over 2 counters and she just started ringing through someone else so I kindly asked 'Can I please have a bag?' and she said 'you didn't pay for one'. UGH!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart, Pharmaprix

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

It says right on the coupon that it includes applicable taxes

I dont think you can prove you didn't have the item though
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    170 (100%)

Which Shoppers did you go to? I'll make a note to avoid it lol

Lost in the Coupon Pile freefreed's Avatar
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Talk to the management... and if they refuse, ask them to review thier security videos... they should display that you did not leave with it.

We used to have people come back all the time... and yes people did leave things behind, and yes cashiers screw up... so the video is there not only to catch the thieves but to help out with situations like this. If they care at all about the customer they will simple write one off and give it to you... or refund the money $2.99 is pennies... but it all ends up in the hands of the owner, as shoppers are all independent.
    Please vote for our summer traditions on Facebook

http://fbk.summertraditions.projects.fm/entry/4392085

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AryanasMommy View Post
    Which Shoppers did you go to? I'll make a note to avoid it lol
    The one beside Food Basics on Merivale!

Thread Information