User Tag List

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

does anyone know of any affordable townhouses in Ottawa?
    every single one i find sais NO PETS.. wich is a problem for us as we have 2 cats.

we check out hometrader frequently along with kijiji and usedottawa. and most of them as soon as i mention we have pets they say no pets..

i am wondering if anyone knows of any townhomes that are for rent and are pet friendly? we are looking for a 3 bdrm with basement or 4 bdrm if no basement.
    we are not picky for the area.. as long as we can move before December

any help would be GREATLY appreciated
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

We used to rent from Centra Real Estates. If you see an add in the paper and it says call "Gerry at..." It's them. We were very happy. Basically they buy townhouses throughout the city and then turn around and rent them. They had a 1000+ townhouses!

It could be changed now...but when we rented there a landlord wasn't allowed to refuse you if you had pets, they weren't allowed to ask. It was in the landlord tenant act. Many places said no pets, or asked it on the application, but they aren't allowed to ask. I'd look at the website to see if it's still like that!
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Can the landlord refuse to rent to a person if they have a pet?
    Yes, if a landlord has a “no pets” policy and they learn that a person applying to rent an apartment has a pet, the landlord may refuse to rent to that person.
    The Residential Tenancies Act states that any clause in a lease that prohibits pets is void. This means that once a person becomes a tenant, if they have a pet even though the lease says pets are not allowed, the landlord cannot evict the tenant just for having the pet. However, the Landlord can apply to the Board to evict a tenant if the pet is causing a problem. See the question on “Can a landlord evict a tenant for having a pet?" in the How a Landlord Can Evict a Tenant section of the Frequently Asked Questions.

http://www.ltb.gov.on.ca/en/Key_Info...02_111463.html
    Last edited by Insane; Sun, Sep 5th, 2010 at 12:03 AM.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Basically, don't tell them you have pets! As long as your pet isn't a nuissance, it's all fine. Obviously you are responsible for any damage.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Try around Craig Henry, everyone here has pets
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You can check out some of these and see if you find anything useful:

Ottawa Housing and Real Estate Listings

I guess you can also try posting what you are looking for, and people may respond to your posting if they have something available.
    Buy Sell Used Vehicles, Visit ~~ Used Cars Toronto

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

I rent in Craig Henry for around $1100 for a 3 bedroom, 1 full, 2 half bath, finished basement with a garage. I have two cats and a dog, most people around here have pets. Not sure they have places available but it's through Carling Realty. Nice places for a not too bad prices, 5 appliances, fire place. There are a couple other places around here too, aaron something (used to be CLV but I think they got bought out).
    they can't deny you renting for having a pet unless it's a private residence (like a room in a home) and there are allergies or something along those lines.
    and yes I know this is really late lol, just joined and found this site, hoping it'll help me save some money

Thread Information