User Tag List

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We have arrived at the conclusion it is too much for us to manage the housecleaning and our busy lives.

Having tried this before I m clearer with what I want(otherwise I might as well do it myself)

So I m prepared to pay $20 per hour for five hours of housecleaning twice a month.

I will not pay a flat rate as I find people charge and do not spend the time they claim..(just had someone leave saying they spent 4 hours and they spent under two as my teenage son was home..he said they got here after three and left at 4:45 p.m.)

So if you know someone that is reliable, honest and good cleaner could you pm me.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I might know someone. What area of town are you?

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

I found mine through K i j i j i.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I did hire someone with kijiji as well..

But if it does not work out I will check in with you.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    242 (100%)

Have you considered an actual maid service? My Mom owned MiniMaid for 23 years and they were definitely worth their money. She's since sold it and the new owner drove it into the ground, but you can look in the phone book under Maid Services for other companies.
    Coupons = Little pieces of paper you get FREE from the stores, from reps and from companies (ie: Not gold)

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Actually that is who I had in on Thursday..

So they showed up at 3:10 pm( middle son was home for early dismissal) and left at 4:45 pm. It was suppose to be for four hours. I realize they sent three people but it was a rushed job at best.

They just ran a vacuum over the floors not getting in the corners(we have a dog), the downstairs tub was not cleaned properly, and the toilet bowl was still dirty. They did not dust.

And for this they charged $194..I did not pay that as I won a gift cert. from a silent auction for $120..

I have found someone from kijiji and am going to pay her $20 per hr for a total of five hours. I will not pay a rate for the total house as they skim on the work. She has assured me she will only charge for the hours it takes to clean the house.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    242 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelkens View Post
    Actually that is who I had in on Thursday..

So they showed up at 3:10 pm( middle son was home for early dismissal) and left at 4:45 pm. It was suppose to be for four hours. I realize they sent three people but it was a rushed job at best.

They just ran a vacuum over the floors not getting in the corners(we have a dog), the downstairs tub was not cleaned properly, and the toilet bowl was still dirty. They did not dust.

And for this they charged $194..I did not pay that as I won a gift cert. from a silent auction for $120..

I have found someone from kijiji and am going to pay her $20 per hr for a total of five hours. I will not pay a rate for the total house as they skim on the work. She has assured me she will only charge for the hours it takes to clean the house.
    Wow!!! Did you call and tell the owner what a disappointment it was? Regardless of if it was a gift certificate or not, it's simply not acceptable. I'm betting the owner wouldn't be happy to know that their cleaning staff aren't performing their job as they were trained to do.
    Coupons = Little pieces of paper you get FREE from the stores, from reps and from companies (ie: Not gold)

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have to decide whether is worth the hassle to say something.

I expect their excuse will be they sent three people but to me to have three people rush through the cleaning in an 1 1/2 hrs is not the same as having one person for four hours.

I had another person on kijiji that wanted to charge $30 for two people for four hours. I know how much work is here..we are expecting just the main area of kitchen, l-shaped living room, 2 and half baths,one bedroom, and steps to be done.

I know that does not take two people four hours to do.

Thread Information