User Tag List

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hi there I am brand new and would love to try couponing I'm wondering what stores in Burlington Hamilton area honour coupons and have in-store coupons , great customer service etc. for my first try at this ?
    Greatly appreciated
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Most stores will take manufacturer coupons. I have found that if the item is free an you buy nothing else, they may make up some excuse why they wont take it. Ecspecially if you get like 9 free items and buy nothing else.

I have found that only Walmart will take internet printables. They take everything and a really good with coupons.

Shoppers drugmart I have had most trouble with, they are hit and miss.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Fortino's usually has a board featuring product coupons (store printed) for items in one spot near an entrance/buggy area. They are usually good for about two weeks then expire.

Since it is February, there are GIFT (grocery industry ones that give 15 cents from each coupon to their foundation) coupons on pads attached to product shelves in grocery stores, so that you can take a coupon as you buy the product.

If you get a local paper by subscription, it may contain coupon inserts or flyers by Smartsource. Also check store flyers in that paper--there could be coupons to clip out.

As other SCers have pointed out, some stores have staff being particular about coupons printed off one's printer from a website vs coupons that are mailed out. You won't know until you try using the coupons what the reception to their use will be.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

woot more Burlington people!

GIFT is now TFT (Toonies for Tummies) and is available in Metro, Food Basics, Longos, FreshCo, Sobeys

Most of the Burlington stores are fairly good about coupons, you will usually find more/better ones (TFT excepted as they are everywhere right now) at Metro, Longos and Sobeys. Longo's (Fairview) and Sobeys ALWAYS have unadvertised deals in store on clearance stuff

Longos are by far my fave for coupons, the cashiers there are great about coupons - if only their prices were lower I would go there all the time

Walmart will let you pricematch and use coupons if there is 1-2 items from a store you want but dont want to go to it for just that, the Fairview store has a few cashiers who are not coupon friendly, I have learned which ones they are over time and avoid them and if I have to use them and they give me a hard time I ask for a manager to confirm. The manager is great about coupons. Walmart also allows printable coupons and rarely even ask me where they came from etc

Many stores will need an override over a certain number of coupons, it can feel like you are a criminal getting them checked but the manager just keys in her code and its done. Now I let them know I have a lot of coupons so they can call them ahead of time.

Fortinos is better than No Frills for their store (Coupon Zone) coupons but you can take them from Fortinos and use them in No Frills if its cheaper there - they can only be used in those two in Burlington though.

Most SDMs in Burlington no longer accept printed, they had high fraud levels but I don't have many issues using regular ones, Mapleview Mall SDM is good, Burlington Mall not so great, Guelph & New depends on cashier, Appleby / New is great. I don't really go to any of the others.

Food Basics on Lakeshore is much better than the one near the Supercentre
    No Frills downtown is typically easier going than the North end one
    I have issues at the Appleby Walmart but my BF never does when I send him up there and others have posted here that it was fine, maybe like the Fairview one its just a few cashiers and I always get them?
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I've never had problems at the Fairview wal-mart so far. The SDM at Upper Middle & Brant accepted my printable, but one in Hamilton on King did not.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

oooh maybe I will start going up to Upper Middle and Brant since I go to FreshCo anyway, Mapleview does not take printed
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Nik
    Female
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Yes I have used a printed at my shoppers too!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

which one is near you?
    I am going to go whine at Mapleview
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Ive only used the softlips coupons there. But I've never had a problem with any I've used so far, so check it out. That SDM is pretty small though.

Nik
    Female
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Mine is the upper and Brant going there in a few to the PO

Thread Information