User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Haha! Aww! Spirals were my fav as a kid... I do agree, tho, on the soggyness!! Have not had them in YEARS!

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

the *best* one to try (its kind of expensive but a nice treat and a switch up from kd) are the velveeta shells one. so so cheesy. everytime i buy them they only sit in the pantry for maybe a day hehe

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gracesmommy View Post
    the *best* one to try (its kind of expensive but a nice treat and a switch up from kd) are the velveeta shells one. so so cheesy. everytime i buy them they only sit in the pantry for maybe a day hehe
    Ah, yes. Haven't had them in years but I remember liking them. Who doesn't like velveeta? I can't remember even seeing them in a grocery store in a long time. I'll look a little harder tomorrow.

Speaking of shells, I have a funny story. When I was little my mom would every now and then make us a pasta meal with shells, tomato sauce, spices, hamburger etc, and she called the meal cockle shells. We're having cockle shells tonight!

Because it said shells/coquilles on the box.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Maybe it's me - but KD? Really?? There are so, so many better pastas out there. Besides over-cooking pasta is a big no-no and so easy to do with this brand.

Pasts is ONE of the easiest meals to make. Try using Barilla, DeCecco, italpasta, NOT catelli or lancia. Cook until the pasta is al dente - slightly firm and almost ready and drain out of the water. The pasta still cooks a bit after it comes out of the water - don't rinse it. Add your fresh, hot tomatoe or meat sauce and mix until it is all incorporated. Plate and sprinkle with FRESH parmagean, or my favourite Romano Lupa - get it freshly grated at the cheese shop - such as Grande Cheese. Freeze extra in a tightly close container and store a small amount in the fridge. Processed cheese is a BIG no-no!
    If you want a quick and easy recipe for fresh tomatoe sauce let me know - i'd be willing to help you with my recipe!!
    Last edited by Lynfan; Fri, Oct 1st, 2010 at 03:15 PM.

Lounging in the veggie garden!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Our family doesn't eat much KD. We don't really like it. But occassionally well buy it for our daughter. She loves the spirals, but you do need to watch them cause they overcook easily. Also, I find KD greasy with even the smallest amount of fat added so I omit the butter or marg and only use a splash of milk.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

My boys love the regular macaroni KD. I try and limit it to once a week for them because its crappy food lol.
    I love the alfredo KD, it's one of my crappy comfort foods I eat sometimes

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

KD and weiners....a guilty pleasure

~just your average nerd~

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love original KD! I don't add milk to mine....just the butter after I drain the noodles! Makes it super cheesy tasting

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

i love KD, especially the spirals but i only cook either variety for 3 minutes.

on the mixed noodles note, once i bought a case and every box had two different kinds of noodles, it was horrible. but kraft sent me like $20 in replacement coupons to compensate.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mle View Post
    Thanks for the tip, now I know to stick to my elbows .

Just a tip to KD fans you can buy the actual KD cheese powder mix at bulk barn (in the soup section I believe) and buy pasta seperatley if you're looking for a change. I've always seen it at bulk barn and thought what it'd be like with shells or little pastas like orzo. Haven't tried it but I just might after this reminder!
    Great tip about Bulk Barn. With the $3 off $10 coupon, that's the time to get "Kraft Dinner" Bulk Barn style.

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

i might get the bulk barn cheese also. thanks for the idea. my dd doesnt like my homemade mac and cheese. if its not neon orange its not for her

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Have you guys tried the alfredo KD? How is that?

I'm so picky about KD, if mine is overcooked I refuse to eat it! Mushy noodles just ruin the whole thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information