User Tag List

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Expired
    Oh no! Thanks SC for reminding me about the CT scratch card! I woke up bright and early to go there this morning and now I realize I got jiped! I am a little bit sad now. Was there a minimum purchase to get the scratch card? Or was everyone supposed to get one?
    Does anyone know how Canadian Tire deals out their money now a days? I go there often and haven't recieved any CT mula in a while..
    This thread is currently associated with: Canadian Tire

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

i believe you only got the scratch card with your flyers
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    49 (100%)

If you pay with a credit card you don't get CT money! ;( It took me a while to figure it out! It sucks! ;(
    is addicted to saving money....

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Hitgirl

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Yeah, I noticed a sign stuck to the self check out today that said you have to spend $75 or more if you plan to use debit in order to get CT money. What's up with that, I wonder?
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    40 (100%)

I got a scratch card from customer service no problem.
    Open a Tangerine bank account (formerly ING ) using my Orange Key (14507658S1), deposit $100 and we both get $25! Right now, receive up to $150 in bonuses and earn 2.50% interest!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ninna View Post
    Yeah, I noticed a sign stuck to the self check out today that said you have to spend $75 or more if you plan to use debit in order to get CT money. What's up with that, I wonder?
    They likely lowered the payout ratio again. It has come to the point where I wonder why they even bother with crappy tire money anymore. I saw someone pay cash for a $52 transaction and got a measly 5 cents. You are a lot better off using your credit card and getting aeroplan miles or whatever reward you have on your cc.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Yeah, you can specifically request one from CS but they don't give them out, you are supposed to bring one from your flyers
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    115 (100%)

We don't get flyers where I live so when I went to CT yesterday I grabbed one of the flyers they had in store. Right on the front page in states "See IN STORE for your Scratch and Win ticket". When I checked out I asked the cashier for a scratch card and she told me it came with the flyers. When I pointed the flyer's wording out to her she went and got a supervisor and they gave me a card.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Couponsrockchick View Post
    If you pay with a credit card you don't get CT money! ;( It took me a while to figure it out! It sucks! ;(
    That's right only if you pay by cash or debit card you get CT money back , CCard payment doesn't count .

BTW did you guys know CT Price Matches & gives you 10 % of the difference in Canadian Tire money .

So whenever I have a WM / Zellers flyer with cheaper goods , I almost always take it to CT & PM it .. so that I get the WM price + 10 % of the difference in CT money

There are 3 reasons why I do it :

1. I give business to a Canadian retailer ( CT ) as opposed to an American retailer...WM & Zellers . ( BTW Zellers/Bay are no longer Canadian as HBC was bought out by the Americans )

2. I get the goods for the same price as WM + some extra CT money for future

3. My CT is walking distance for me as opposed to WM .. so I also save time & gas when I go to CT as opposed to WM

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Is Canadian Tire still Canadian? I wasn't sure.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    32 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Couponsrockchick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    That's right only if you pay by cash or debit card you get CT money back , CCard payment doesn't count .
    Actually, if you use a CT credit card, you will receive CT money on your card.

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    BTW did you guys know CT Price Matches & gives you 10 % of the difference in Canadian Tire money .
    Not sure if it is different from 1 CT store to another, but the 2 CT stores I go to in Ottawa, the sign says that they will give 10% of the lowest price back in CT money. So basically, they will give 10% in CT money of the price they are matching.
    Last edited by Ricko; Sat, Sep 18th, 2010 at 08:19 PM.

Trading Score
    44 (100%)

They said the only scratch cards there were had been sent out with the flyers and that they weren't given any for in store. Which sucks for me since I don't get flyer delivery to my house. Luckily my sister gave me hers!
    As for the Canadian Tire money, it's only given out when you use cash or debit unless you have their store credit card. The only way to get enough to make it worth it is if you buy gas from there because it's a way bigger percentage.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Didn't know they PM matched. That's awesome though. might have to try it sometime.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coley3 View Post
    Didn't know they PM matched. That's awesome though. might have to try it sometime.
    Me too! That's terrific, as CT is walking distance, and Wal*mart is not!! Do you PM at the cashier by showing the flyer?

Thread Information