User Tag List

Thread: Flowers...

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i'm needing to buy some flowers for a co-worker/friend. without going into great detail, she's in the hospital and a few us chipped in to get some flowers (+$50). any suggestions where i could get some? and what type is appropriate?

*i'm in the northside & she's at the alec....
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Ooo, I'm not in Edmonton, but it's really nice to get a plant (azaleas are just perfect), or there should be nice mums out this time of year.
    Safeway is great to get flowers or plants through.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I know you've probably bought and delivered them but for future reference these are a few pointers for Capital Health Hospitals.

No lilies please. There are signs that actually ask that lilies, baby's breath, and lilacs not be brought or sent. Apart from patient allergies, I know of three nurses who are severly allergic to lillies. Nursing units can and do refuse to have them in the rooms and will ask for them to be sent home.

Potted plants are nice. Nothing big because they take up what limited space the nurses have to work with and store supplies on.

The nurses aren't being mean, it's just a fact of life. Asthma is often triggered by those so pretty flowers.

Thread Information