User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Just wondering what other people's experiences have been. My contract for work ended on July 15th. I applied for EI on August 3rd. They still haven't made a decision on my file. They keep telling me to keep checking and if I haven't heard anything to call back in two days, etc. I'm tired of talking to them.

It is going on two months, just wondering how long it takes. It's getting hard.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

When I was claiming for mat leave they told me it could take 4-10 weeks for a decision to be made. It's kind of crazy that they can make people wait so long. I hope they make a decision really soon for you, I know how hard it is!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

typically, I get my first cheque about a month after I apply. Apply, 2 week waiting period, then 2 weeks later I get my cheque.
    gone shopping!

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

ei has a quality policy about the time it can take for them to make a decision. The bf waits roughly 8-10 weeks on new applications. I would call and inquire about the status of your application from a non automated rep. If its passed the normal waiting time, they will ensure communication with your agent within 24 hours.

I have no clue as to why it takes them so long to make a decision, its torturous. Hope you get some positive news fast.
    My Queen passed out from pure bliss thanks to her secret Santa. Bless you kind angel

I GOT GAME, DO YOU? gameprogirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

2 months is the max, I would call them, I was laid off many times and it has never taken over 6 weeks for me.
    Join Ebates for cashback on all purchases!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=Hm3B6tvDY78%3D

I GOT GAME, DO YOU? gameprogirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Plus, if they require more info, then it takes longer, so I would inquire about it to a live rep.
    Join Ebates for cashback on all purchases!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=Hm3B6tvDY78%3D

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by matrix82 View Post
    Just wondering what other people's experiences have been. My contract for work ended on July 15th. I applied for EI on August 3rd. They still haven't made a decision on my file. They keep telling me to keep checking and if I haven't heard anything to call back in two days, etc. I'm tired of talking to them.

It is going on two months, just wondering how long it takes. It's getting hard.
    Usually it should take only 4 weeks before you receive you first check . 2 week waiting period before you apply & 2 week processing period .

If all your paperwork is order like ROE , pay stubs etc , & if you have completed the required amount of hrs , you should have got your EI by now .

But don't worry if & when you qualify they should give you a back pay / retroactive pay for the days they didn't pay you ( & should have )

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

When I was pregnant, my Dr took my off work because of stress and was able to get medical benefits and was told that they would automatically roll over to maternity benefits once they were up, so after I had DS I wasn't getting any money, and didn't get anything for 6 weeks! So much for them rolling over. I called them everyday and went to the office all the time to find out where my money was, and all they could tell me was "We don't know what happened". Yeah, it can take forever!

Trading Score
    115 (100%)

How long does it take? Forever and a day.

Seriously though I would be calling everyday and speaking to someone about your claim. I had to do that for Mat. leave benefits because it was taking so long. Turns out I finally got someone helpful and the reason it took so long was an error on their end. Good luck, I know how frustrating it is.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I have a friend who works for EI they are seriously backlogged, they have a certain number of claims a day they have to process but they no longer have the extra staff they hired for the economic downturn but still higher than normal numbers of claims

Call them and speak to your rep, it will usually speed things up as they will grab your file then and see if there is anything missing rather than request it when they get to that file
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

As far as I have been told they have all the information they need. I am now a level two, whatever that means. If I don't hear anything by the end of today i have to call them back tommorrow and I will be a level 3.
    Use this link

Rvbob
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Personally I think it is taking too long. This happened to a family member of mine. She went to her local Federal Member of Parliament - within 2 days - success. 2 more days - cash in hand

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

The woman I was talking to today, said that I have to call back tommorrow and then they can put it through to a supervisor and that it is unusual it is taking this long.

Apparently there are 4 levels...I'm only at level three, so I have one level to go...

A family member suggested I contact my local MP, he had to, it took 7 months for his claim to go through. I'd hope that i am employed by that time.

I just don't understand why the system is even here since it seems impossible to get any help from the system. It will be two months on October 3rd.

I am tired of calling. Today the lady suggested if I could to stay home and wait by the phone for them to call. No phone call today.
    Use this link

tightwad and proud of it! brunt's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I cannot tell you about EI as I have never claimed. Long story - not the place for it here.

What I can tell you is that it is generally a good idea to contact your local representative.

I once had a provincial corporate tax refund that was two years late. The province agreed that I was due, but they just would not issue a cheque. I tried in vain to talk to someone for about a year. I contacted my MPP and received my cheque in a couple of weeks.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Got a phone call and my claim should be calculated tommorrow ...
    Use this link

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information