When living in Halifax, do not go for building owned by this company.

I've lived in an apartment by this company for 4 years and to be honest it has been nothing but a headache. We stay here because it is affordable for the area. After 4 years we have had enough.

The landlord owned one building which is a small 30 unit building and then a larger 200 unit building. He has one repair guy who does everything including installing new flooring. It can take months for repairs. It took 2 months to get a broken shower cold water tap (the handle would just spin and sometimes catch) and a broken vanity faucet fixed. This was only after threatening to go to the tenancy board.

We paid for a parking spot, and after almost a month of trying to find out where the spot was (we paid a month early for the next month) he finally told us that he didn't have any spots but to park on the side of the driveway to the building. We've been waiting since June for a parking spot. The parking spots are rented out to people outside of the building who work at a nearby hospital, meaning there is no parking for tenants.

The washer's and dryers sometimes work, sometimes don't work, more often than not they do not work. Like this morning, went to do laundry only to have the machines eat our money. The landlord likes to repair (which is fine) except when things really need to be replaced.

There is a garbage chute at the end of each hallway, only recently, since july the doors on the garbage chutes do not close, meaning the hallways smell like garbage. This is a new thing, and it's been three months but not fixed. This is only a problem on floor two and three.

The security door to the building has never worked right, we've lived here for four years and it has always been the same, you have to put the key in, jiggle it a bit, take it out, then turn the key. Apparently it isn't broken though, I have found out any key will open the security door.

Currently outside of the washer's being broken and waiting for four months for a parking spot, we have a severely leaking sink. Water sprays out of the cold water tap and leaks underneath. It's been reported to the super, not sure how long it will take to get this fixed. It's only been two days, the super contact the landlord.

I don't know what his other building is like, although I have heard stories of the elevator being broken for months, but I don't know.

The only good things about his apartments are location and the landlord is strict about noise, which means the buildings are usually quiet. Rent has gone up each year with no repair and hardly any maintenance done to the building.

We will be moving from here in July when our lease is up. We've had enough. I will hopefully be working by then and able to afford a better place.