User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Banned
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I've had many snotty cashiers, but the people waiting in line behind me are more curious to see what my final total is. I don't care what anyone thinks or says...I know that it is my hobby and I do it for fun, not because I have to. My kids are always dressed nicely and I do buy them extras too. I refuse to let people shame me for using coupons.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I especially get looks when I use coupons for free items - "where did you get that coupon??"

so I tell them - I won them in a contest, or I got them from facebook, or save.ca etc. - that usually gets me a blank look LOL

Trading Score
    63 (100%)

i get a lot of eye rolls and sighs from people behing me and a few cashiers will read ALL the tiny fine print on EVERY coupon but for the most part my experiences arent bad. I have had the rare comment thta i have just ignored such as "oh no, coupons *groan*" or "*sigh* she's one of those!" I would say "Yes I am and proud of it!" but dont want to give them the satisfaction of a response.

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sabina View Post
    not lately i have more people asking me how I get so many coupons and that its a great idea to put them in a binder, or how well organized I am with them. But there is the odd time when someone older will ask if I am poor or need money.

Wow, It is so sad how ignorant people can be.

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

That is so disgusting!!! I would have made a snarky remark to her!!! OOOHHH this makes me mad!

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

yesterday I was using a bunch of coupons (mostly for formula..) and the girl behind me with a little one asked where I got all my coupons! she must have seen me digging them out of my binder. thats kind of a loaded question so I just said "mostly the internet!" and directed her here.

I've had loud sighs and rolled eyes at walmart, where they do the most coupon scrutinizing, but my main coupon usage is at london drugs, where I have no idea if people are staring because I'm at the CS desk with my back to the regular tills!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yup, but I don't really care......it's saving me money. Let suckers pay the full or retail price.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

People are funny ,the ones sighing and eye rolling are most likely on a coupon hunt right now.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I too often get the "stink-eye" look or remarks when making my purchases. I will look the individual in the eye and more often then not, they are forced to look away first. I have also had other customers and cashiers compliment me on the savings and ask curiosity questions regarding couponing to which I always share the info regarding smartcanucks and coupon trains, etc...

To me it seems the negative comments are balanced out by the postive comments....and me, well I just continue to save the pennies turning them into dollars to spend on other things....LIVING LARGE ON A DIME!!!!

mamatotwo
    Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Sometimes I do. However, the other day I had a lady behind me actually commend me for using coupons. She was floored when I told her how much we had saved last year as a family and how much we were able to give to charity . Even the teller got in on the conversation. It was kind of a fun shopping experience. Needless to say it was at 8:30 in the morning and the store wasn't terribly busy.

orv
    Female
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

Huffing, puffing, stomping, eye rolling etc. Yes I think we have ALL experienced that at one time or another. lol Goes in hand with snotty cashiers. BUT.. Its not ALWAYS bad. Infact its good more than its bad. I have had a LOT of customers behind me in line question where I get my coupons, and then at the end ask the cashier how much I saved and when she announced my lineup looks like they just seen ghosts. LOL those times are the best.
    Latly, I have been experimenting using checkouts with young male cashiers, and so far it's fool proof! They don't even read the coupons, they just ring your stuff through, bag it and then deducted your coupons at the end(without even checking to see if you bought the items :O!!!) Needless to say, these young boys have saved me a TON in the past week.
    Niagara Falls for New years!!! YIPPY!!!!!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I don't notice weird looks, unless somebody is RIGHT beside me. I think I honestly get more looks for my age than for what I'm doing. Most young women are spending their money on overpriced clothing, but I'm spending mine on a cartful of household and personal needs, with my mom faithfully following behind while I run the show. That just looks weird, I'll totally admit that. I would stare too.

I won't apologize for being smart, and I'll admit to being cheap. I've turned pocket change into a constantly growing stockpile with everything your heart could desire in it, and then there's them, running into a store to buy an item that isn't on sale and with no coupons, simply because they need it NOW and weren't smart enough to plan ahead.

So far, I haven't gotten a rude comment from another customer yet, only polite ones, but when the day comes I plan to stare them down and ask them if they have a problem with me wanting to have both a roof over my head and food to eat each day, despite working at what will likely be a minimum wage retail job.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Tonight at Zellers there was 3 people behind me ,i was price matching and had coupons.

Then i hear them whispering and laughing about my coupon use,i turned around and said to them you want to say something.... you could hear a pin drop,i said i didn't think soI though the cashier was going to pee her pants laughing
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I ALWAYS get looks and I don't apologize for being thrifty. I work too hard to just give away my money.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I only had that happen once at Food Basics....some older fellow behind me getting antsy about my coupons...I noticed he had 2 containers of Tide in his cart (a few wks ago when they were on for $4.99) I threw him a coupon for save $5wub2 and that shut him up!! Lol! Most of my cashiers have congratulated me on my savings. I take care in advance to highlight the expiry dates on the coupons I use,which can save time and be a big help to the cashier!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information