User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I am not sure where this should go, couldnt really find any correct spot but figured this is an issue that effects a lot of SC so a high volume forum would be ok? Feel free to move it if needed

Hey guys, I have really noticed a lot of bickering about certain morals on the forums lately, and it is starting to annoy me, and I assume several others. We have all seen it, someone posts a deal or a coupon, later on down the post someone says 'got 10 of those today from SDM, or yea I got 3 deoderants and got paid 2.76! All of a sudden a few members jump on them lecturing them on how it is totally wrong and immoral and I cant believe you would do that blah blah blah. Others join in on both sides and the thread completely derails. I have seen this so much its ridiculous, even when people make absurd jokes like I got 100 FPC's with 100 facebook accounts! We are supposed to be a community that supports each other and help each other achieve 'coupon greatness'. We don't need to post in fear of being attacked because someone thinks our morals aren't straight. Which by the way is totally hypocritical, since there are several things people often do with coupons that you could classify as 'immoral or selfish'

I am not saying a lot of these issues aren't wrong, but I feel hijacking the thread with an argument is not right and causes a lot of conflict. People want to express their opinions, which is great. Its what makes our nation so awesome. What I propose is to make a sub forum for discussion of these types of matters. Whether people think its okay to buy 40 bodywash for free, get money back when they buy products, discuss the effects on future coupon offers due to abuses.These types of things but calling out names would of course be strictly prohibited. Now, I am not certain this would work because I feel the forum could be a bit nasty and end up like a warzone haha.

Another solution would just to make it a policy that if you have a problem with someones actions and feel you absolutely have to say something. Just PM them, theres no reason for it to be public and derail the train.

What do you guys think? Would any of these things work? Do you have a better solution? Or should we simply just leave things as they are because people don't mind.

Lets make SC the best it can be

and of course... random smilies for fun:pottytrain3::pottytrain4:
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I feel bad for people who brag and then get ragged on. My first Olay brag about 2 years ago caused such a war it was deleted. I almost left then and there.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    I feel bad for people who brag and then get ragged on. My first Olay brag about 2 years ago caused such a war it was deleted. I almost left then and there.

really patty i didn't know that well i'm glad you didn't leave where would all my coupons from

for me if i don't agree with a thread/post i just move on it's just not worth the aggrevation or fight

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I hear ya. I only joined in August but have been lurking this site for a very long time and have seen the madness that can go on. I agree it is hypocritical because someone getting angry at another for bragging about deals that may have been a little on the immoral side is being immoral themselves. Its the same as forcing your beliefs of a matter onto someone else. Just because one person believes its completely wrong, doesn't mean everyone else does. We are all human and make our own decisions for ourselves. Who is someone else to tell us we are wrong and call us out on it. I could go on about it forever lol. This is just my little rant.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Patty-thanks for sharing, glad you didnt decide to leave Bragging section is a fun way to show off things your excited about, its sad people decide to steal peoples thunder.

Mom2- You bring about a good point about lurking. If you look at the boards, almost 60% of the people viewing are lurkers, meaning they do not have an account. We want these people to join us so we have more contributing members so we need to make the forum a place people are excited to be on and post on.

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

First - let a mod know when you see this stuff happening. It wasn't that long ago Boo announced he wouldn't tolerate any negativity. We aren't the morals police, but bickering and lecturing we can nip in the bud.

Second - if you (general "you") cannot contribute something positively, close the thread and go on to another one. You don't need to say anything.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by NancyM View Post
    really patty i didn't know that well i'm glad you didn't leave where would all my coupons from

for me if i don't agree with a thread/post i just move on it's just not worth the aggrevation or fight

Yup, it's still somewhere in the expired threads, lol. Wow when I think of what went on I'm surprised some people weren't banned over it.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i agree with you.. i don't "brag" much (other then a thanks on the great where i found the good deal) i'm always hesitent to say that "oh i bought ----- and i made $) or saying thta i found something on clearance and cleared the shelf out of it.. heck i was hesitent to say i picked up 12 tylenol the other day i ended up adding a "no i didn't clear the shelf" in worry someone might come back on me and say that it seems if you buy more then 3 of something you have to worry someone will come back and bite your butt.. or if you dare grab more then 4-6 coupons it really comes back to bite you!

i also hate feeling the coupon guilt because i grabbed 15 of a coupon that i know i'll most likely use (and grabbing for others and my local train too while i'm at it)
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    58 (98%)

True, people should understand others have big famillies though,if they have that many coupons then why not?
    https://legerweb.com/VADJC Join Leger Web And Start Earning Today =)

34591328S1 Sign Up at ING Direct With This ORange Key To Receive Free $50

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I agree with you mostly but I wanted to add that theres a big difference between moral judging and asking a member not to post how to scam coupons by changing addresses or how to order multiples freebies in a large amount.

Theres a certain fine line to everything.

Yes were not here to judge but even Boo has asked people not to post to fudge addresses and to scam freebies. So when that continues yep I've even said something before. If its a major issue pm a mod or Boo.
    Last edited by Sally888; Thu, Oct 14th, 2010 at 10:50 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I think that much of it lately has to do with the fact that there are some amazing coupons and deals out there right now.

I picked up 30 free 1 litre of Gain today because they were $1 and I had tons of coupons from the flyers and websaver. Tomorrow I am going to buy greenworks at zellers for nearly free, I also profited from the recent Olay coupons.

Somtimes I don't think people realize that when you have a big family you go through tons of stuff and would rather stock up in one shot than be wasting time shopping for the same items week after week.

We do seem to go through phases here on SC over this topic.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

thats an awesome find Patty! I scored some excellent deals at Shoppers last week but never got around to bragging them.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    I think that much of it lately has to do with the fact that there are some amazing coupons and deals out there right now.

I picked up 30 free 1 litre of Gain today because they were $1 and I had tons of coupons from the flyers and websaver. Tomorrow I am going to buy greenworks at zellers for nearly free, I also profited from the recent Olay coupons.

Somtimes I don't think people realize that when you have a big family you go through tons of stuff and would rather stock up in one shot than be wasting time shopping for the same items week after week.

We do seem to go through phases here on SC over this topic.
    yikesy, i am so lame at coupons,,,going to follow patty around
    ok, i would have to move,,,
    i think when someone goes overboard, with the i emptied the shelf
    it does seem/sound greedy, but that person is informed.
    (i have never done a brag, obviously)

whereas if someone else, has the coupons, and is not a
    coupon diva, shows up, after the shelf is empty- it can be disappointing/or worse.
    impossible to ever draw a line, darn.
    ok, i've drawn the line - more supply,,,
    if you have some spare time

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

If people dont like a post, thats what the "REPORT" button is for. Lifes WAAAY to short to ruin my own day or someone elses over some as petty as coupons/freebies whatever.

Trading Score
    60 (100%)

Thanks for starting this thread, Orbital!

I have to admit that I have seen quite a lot of "bickering" going on in the forums...

I am always in awe of the brags that our SCers post... and enjoy reading them... And I attribute the "nasty" comments as sour grapes incidents...

That being said, all those sour grapes comments really do make the forums a little less than pleasant than it used to be...

Perhaps that's the reason I now mainly hang out in the Tea Room and in the Toronto thread... Too many unhappy people out there trying to disguise their unhappiness in their lives behind "their right to voice their opinion".

Just my opinion!

At the right time, a kind word from a stranger, or encouragement from a friend, can make all the difference in the world. Kindness is free, but it's priceless. ~ Doe Zantamata

"And it's always the right time!" ~ Woofy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information