User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My aunt and myself along with my daughter and her cousin went to a store and we were walking around and i was not looking where i was going and i walked into a metal rod sticking out from a moveable fixture it ripped thru my jeans and cut me and bruised my leg.
    I called the attendtion of a worker and i told her that i was hurt and all she said to me was we are short staffed and i did not know it was there. I told her that i was more concerned that it could have hurt my daughter or her cousin more as the are only six. All she did was bend it back. NO IM SORRY , NO ARE U OK NOTHING.
    I then had to ask her if there was a form i could fill out. She rudely said yes and then took 10 mins to go get form. By this time i am so that i started talking loudly that we were leaving cause this store does not care about the fact that someone got hurt in their store and left.

I then contacted their head office and 2 days later got a call from the store manager saying she was sorry on how i was treated and that the fixture was thrown out the next day when she saw it and that she would send me a $50 dollar gift card so we will see if that happens but i will goto another Michaels store to spend it if it arrives .
    This thread is currently associated with: Michaels Arts and Crafts

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

a good deal of staff is young kids who just don't care - if you ever need anything ask for the manager or manager of the day and you'll have a better experience

Stay-at-home kitty mom misslollieputty's Avatar
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Be careful! I turned a corner in a store (The Bargain Shop), slipped on something that was left in the aisle and messed up my knee and my wrist. I did fill out a form (the woman at the time wasn't nice at all) - and then their lawyers called and pressed. My doctor told me to be careful signing over anything because he wasn't sure if I was going to have any issues down the road. I ended up signing, thinking it was going to be ok (it was for a small sum - less than $500) but in the end they were no longer libel for anything and I still have issues 3 years later with my knee. A $50 gift card might seem ok for your problem, but it's pretty much a payoff...just please don't sign anything until you think you're ok!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

it was the asst manager i came to find out that was so rude. And yes it is a pay off but i was not hurt bad i just complained more to the fact at how i was treated then hurt. I have not signed anything and will not. Sorry to hurt that u got hurt as well.
    I have another thing that happened at Walmart but i did not complain to anyone their so i cant say anthing on hear. But lets just say that employees should be more careful on where they leave knives box cutters etc.. when they not using them

Stay-at-home kitty mom misslollieputty's Avatar
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffner21 View Post
    But lets just say that employees should be more careful on where they leave knives box cutters etc.. when they not using them
    Eeek!

I'm just glad you're okay and not seriously hurt.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

This thread makes me scared to take small children out anywhere. Why would ANYONE think its okay to leave a box cutter out?!

I saw one as a child in walmart before, it was on a shelf above my head, with an employee rustling around with some boxes on a ladder up there. Could have gotten knocked off and hit somebody right in the head.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, though, Jeffner. And you too, misslollie. I hope you both recover.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    60 (100%)

I'm glad to hear that you're okay - they really should have handled that better!

Last year I was at Zellers and was looking through a kitchenwares bin (it had can openers, spatulas, etc.), and just about stuck my hand into a butcher's knife in the bin. I just about had a heart attack, especially since my 3-year-old was right beside me. Thankfully I found it before someone was seriously injured! I took it to a store employee and explained, and the poor woman's eyes got huge and she looked shocked. It must be hard for the store employees to keep an eye on everything and keep customers from doing dangerous things like that!! Who would plant a knife in a place like that? Oy!

Thread Information