User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tracywoodbeck View Post
    I am sorry this has offended members. As I said this person mentioned the website. Did not say they were a member. I am just saying this in general. I did not realize that this was the bragging section. I have fixed the title of the thread. I have also fixed the thread to make it seem not so threatening.

So I have been a excellent SCer for 2 years. Have never said anything bad or about any other SCer. I am just tired of seeing people struggle when there is no need. Can't people share and do the right things. If this person is not a member or is, maybe they will think twice about taking more then one coupon. I really needed to buy one product so I could have had the booklet. To have a clean and safe home due to my DH illness. So maybe this is why I am so peaved about this or maybe not, maybe no one has had the guts to talk ablout it. If you feel that I am threating anyone then by all means kick me out of smart canucks. I have my own right too. I will miss my friends and the great website.

Thanks Tracy
    Nothing wrong with what you said . If I was in your place I would have said the exact same thing .

If something is wrong something is wrong ..no point in pretending that nothing happened .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

it's a valid comment & you are certainly within your right to express it.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I am sorry this has offended members. As I said this person mentioned the website. Did not say they were a member. I am just saying this in general. I did not realize that this was the bragging section. I have fixed the title of the thread. I have also fixed the thread to make it seem not so threatening.

So I have been a excellent SCer for 2 years. Have never said anything bad or about any other SCer. I am just tired of seeing people struggle when there is no need. Can't people share and do the right things. If this person is not a member or is, maybe they will think twice about taking more then one coupon. I really needed to buy one product so I could have had the booklet. To have a clean and safe home due to my DH illness. So maybe this is why I am so peaved about this or maybe not, maybe no one has had the guts to talk ablout it. If you feel that I am threating anyone then by all means kick me out of smart canucks. I have my own right too. I will miss my friends and the great website.

Thanks Tracy
    I am not offended but I just wanted to make sure we follow Boo's rules and not get sidetracked from your original statement.

Trading Score
    227 (100%)

Why didn't you just say something to her in the store when you saw her taking the hanging coupons from the products rather than posting this thread on here in the hopes this SCer will see it?

Otherwise this is bound to become a venue for that SCer to feel attacked - and I think that is as unfair to that person as one might feel about them taking the coupons from the products.

Edit: I'm painfully shy - so I understand why one wouldn't say anything in the store.
    Last edited by thetonester521; Sun, Oct 17th, 2010 at 10:23 PM.
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Thats crazy. I think the people should stick to their values and morals even when couponing!

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Didn't read PP, just read first page and commented. I don't mean PP's statement is crazy, was reffering to taking all the coupons. Will read the WHOLE thread first next time. OOPS.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thetonester521 View Post
    Why didn't you just say something to her in the store when you saw her taking the hanging coupons from the products rather than posting this thread on here in the hopes this SCer will see it?

Otherwise this is bound to become a venue for that SCer to feel attacked - and I think that is as unfair to that person as one might feel about them taking the coupons from the products.

Maybe the OP is a quiet, shy or leary of a confrontation.
    You can't tell me that you haven't had a moment of "I should've said something" after it happened. You probably discussed it with someone too.

I believe this is completely appropriate.
    Its not like she named or described the person.
    Hopefully that person sees this post and will think twice about doing it again.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Although the thread is not attacking anyone directly, it still has the same effect as there are lots of members that have/may/do take off a coupon peelie or two once in a while and with a bunch of people all squaking about how horrible people are that do that, well it has a negative effect for sure as pointed out by others. Probably best to just have the thread deleted/expired as it can turn sour very very easily.

Trading Score
    227 (100%)

So today what I saw was I think unexcusable from someone who mentioned this website.

So I feel better that I told my story. I mean I hope us as a community help each other on saving money, sharing deals and to teach our new members some coupon ediquette. I am sorry if anyone is offended but,taking 20 or more is not necessary. I mean I could totally see this person trading your first born child for these coupons. But that is another blog.
    Agreed - I appreciate your sharing your story and I think it will go a long way in helping fellow SCers learn couponing etiquette

I also appreciate that you spruced up your original post

Trading Score
    227 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Wow, yesterday - chocolate, today - cleaning products!
    I find both of these posts to be very offensive to me. I ask that you please edit them. I got your message loud and clear yesterday - and don't see a need to feel further attacked today. I have good intentions on SC - and am sad that the last two days I have been made to feel like a criminal. I HONESTLY feel VERY badly and really would like these edited. Thank you for understanding.
    Last edited by thetonester521; Sun, Oct 17th, 2010 at 10:23 PM.

Trading Score
    17 (87%)

Quote Originally Posted by mcminsen View Post
    I have a personal rule when it comes to neck hangers and stickies. If it's on the floor, it's fair game. But otherwise I don't touch them. Not that I haven't been sorely tempted sometimes!
    me too!!!

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

I thinkSC has become a very interesting place lately... pretty sure what my thoughts are, but I shall shut it. I still love the deals/tips/coupons I wouldn't get otherwise... but I shall end it there...

I took a photo of a very similar thing in my Zellers today... a pile of at least 6 of those same GreenWorks booklets... every one with all the coupons taken out. Not something I would allow myself to do... but so I won't get banned, I will just say it left me nearly speechless.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Trading Score
    445 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by thetonester521 View Post
    I find both of these posts to be very offensive to me. I ask that you please edit them. I got your message loud and clear yesterday - and don't see a need to feel further attacked today. I have good intentions on SC - and am sad that the last two days I have been made to feel like a criminal. I HONESTLY feel VERY badly and really would like these edited. Thank you for understanding.

I didnt mean to direct it at you - I removed it & apologize.
    cb5a0d26-0ec2-4856-96f7-04132d93f524

Trading Score
    227 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cmoody8107 View Post
    I didnt mean to direct it at you - I removed it & apologize.
    cb5a0d26-0ec2-4856-96f7-04132d93f524
    I truly appreciate it. Thank you very, very much.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

seriously im getting really annoyed with people trying to silence others with that ''negativity'' thread link. everyone is entitled to their opinion. the thread is constantly bumped on the bragging section we all know its there.
    Just because someone is discussing their opinion which may be not particulary pleasant does not mean they are attacking others. Jeeze people seem to really get hyped up and antsy about the smallest little problems. You cant expect everyone to be happy go lucky types of people.

___ Thats my 2 cents.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information