User Tag List

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

So i went to SDM on saturday at 1:00 am (couldn't sleep) . I wasn't sure what to get so I picked up some medicines for the kids (Benilyn, pepto bismo, robitusum and 5 bottles of Omega and Calcium plus some other groceries. I only redeemed $100, so i wanted to make pancakes in the morning i went to the aisle and saw the Betty Crocker pancake Bisquick the big box, putted in my cart and off i went to the toothbrush aisle, but for some reason i check the exp on the pancake and i realized it exp on SEP 210!!!! so i thought ok maybe they left there by mistake,,,,, got another one and that too had the same exp date i cheked the next 7 boxes and samething so i called this guy and he was shocked too...i went to pay for my groceries and the "manager" came and apologized for the exp product she mentioned it shouldn't happen...after a few exchange of thoughts with TRACEY (manager) i paid my $7.00 (after my $100 redemption) as i walkd out i checked my receipt is says i redeemed $200!! and i only had 3852 points....!!!! so i went back and i mention to tracey but obviously she couldn't help me she said to come back the next day and speak to STORE MANAGER OR MANAGER . I told her to write her name and the reason on my receipt she did...as i was walking out she said "you should get your bonus back and mentioned the expired product to the manager and you should be able to get some gooooood deals as that should never happen"..ok so i left...went back this afternoon and spoke to manager TAYLOR....and you guys won't guess what he said to me...(this is only a few of the answers i got....first about my points:
    "well madam, you shouldn't of get the $100 redemption as we don't do it anymore". i said "it is on your flyer" no reply to that one, then he said "What kind of toothbrushes you bought?" me "i don't know" he then said "it will take me at least 15-20 min to try to solve your bp" i said "listen i need to mention about the exp date ...so i explain everything" "Well, we do not check our shelves everyday, of course you will find expired products", "EXCUSE ME!!!!" "i don't have enough people to check every single item on the store," "well, taylor i come here to spend my money and i understand that sometimes one item might skip your eyes but that product was sitting there for 2 months!!!!!" at this point i was loud so people could hear me..."maybe you should do a better job at checking what you purchased!!!!! at that point i decided to walk away in shock....i left on tears as i couldn't believe what he was saying to me and how many people purchased this product that was on the shelf for 2 MONTHS!!!!...and how ignorant he was on dealing with this....i will be writing to the owner, and emailing head office, as i think his comments really offended me. This is the store i go to purchase my kids medicine and i probably spend $300 to $400 a month (if no more) at this store...i guess they lost a loyal customer. Sorry but i needed to let you guys know about this sad experience. This is the store located on Cawthra and Burhamthorpe in Mississauga.
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart, Guess, Pharmaprix

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

wow...what a dick

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow thats insane

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

HOLY wow.. I would so be going back when the other Manager Tracey is back on duty.. and telling her all of this for sure..!!!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Holy Smack!! Hopefully you go call corporate and let them know. I can't believe that he said he doesn't check shelves for expiry dates---IN A DRUG STORE!!!! If they don't check expiry dates there--then where ARE you SAFE???!!!??

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Did you get your points back at least?

I can't believe a manager would say that. That is horrible.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    45 (100%)

WOW!! what a jerk!! I would call the 1800 number they have... write a letter to the owner and write an email to comlain to the customer care centre....

i really hope you get some resolve!!... sorry you had such a bad experience!!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

The cash register is set up in a way that when you redeem, it goes to the highest reward level. So if you have enough for $200 and you only want $100, it will go to $200 first, and then cashier has to punch another button to scroll down. If you don't pay attention, the cashier will hit enter or tell you that's what you have to redeem, and that's not true. I hear of so many stories of people losing points because they are not aware of this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I recently complained to SDM Corporate by email and the manager of the store called me (my complaints were forwarded to him). But I missed the call and he left a vmail. I have to call him on Monday.

Your manager sounds like a complete jerk. Definitely write to SDM corporate and hopefully they can give you some resolutation. They are usually very good about point issues.
    Last edited by Starbaby55; Sun, Oct 31st, 2010 at 07:12 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Hope it gets straightened out properly.

What a boob.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

we should start carrying around voice recorders so we can prove to companies just how rude their employees are

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

As couponmummy says, you have to be really careful and doublecheck they are doing the right redemption level...

For the expired products, alas, it happens at our SDM too - I've seen cookies, crackers, and salad dressing. Mind you, this also happens at grocery stores as well.
    It's just too bad that sometimes staff levels aren't enough that they can totally check these things out.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I hope your problem will be resolved by the Owner or Head Office! Once I wanted to redeem for $100 but they made it $200 though my subtotal was just 102$, I called 1800 and they adjusted the points back for me!
    Want Free Paypal money or Gift Cards? Here you go!!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/thiennga

Thanks for being my referral!!!

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Hi, kudos to you for complaining. I saw on the news a couple years ago but believe it or not, pancake mix if old can kill. When I saw that, I went to my pantry and throw out my old mix. To this day, if I'm at someones place, I check their pancake mix lol. Sounds crazy I know, but it was on the news, and I read it in the paper. YIKES!!
    LF: $ 4.00 off any covergirl, 2.00 axe,RLF ARMSTRONG cheese, black diamond, 3.00 gain. 2.00 Majesta. Have 5.00 walmart gc.

Thread Information