User Tag List

Trading Score
    202 (100%)

Hi Okanagan SC'ers!!

Would there be any interest in doing a coupon exchange in November in Kelowna?

If you would be interested, post which Saturdays in November you would be free to participate - and I'll try to get something organized!!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

KELOWNA SINCE 1990 ILUVMYPUGTOADIE's Avatar
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

THX & Sounds good! PM me back again.... let me know what's up !

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Check out my trade list I updated it in the last couple of days.... have a few more new ones too.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi there, I am new to Kelowna and sort of new to couponing - I would be interested in sharing in what I have. Can anyone tell me if the London Drugs here in Kelowna allows 'stacking' or any other store?
    Many thanks,
    B.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Yes our London Drugs here in Kelowna allows stacking, and price matching. Price matching is also allowed at Zellers and Walmart.

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

TLC show and while that really is great for USA. Very unrealistic but most would love to begin some where. So is there a coupon meet up here or anyone doing workshops on how to get good at this I too am reaching to get my $200.00 a week groceries to $11.39 ha ha.Thanks for all your help.
    Last edited by rutlandgrl; Wed, Mar 9th, 2011 at 10:18 AM.

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BookMom View Post
    Hi Okanagan SC'ers!!

Would there be any interest in doing a coupon exchange in November in Kelowna?

If you would be interested, post which Saturdays in November you would be free to participate - and I'll try to get something organized!!
    I wonder that if a February Meet up coupon exchange can be summoned? Any takers?

Trixit
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Sure, I am in for trades...got a following of friends that might be interested as well.

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Jaime and I are thinking instead of doing the 'mailing coupon train' that we could have a monthly meet and rotate houses. It would be a regular time; ie: first Monday night of every month, etc. We would all bring an appy for under $5. It would be from about 7-9pm. I would like to do the first one if there is enough interest. I'm thinking March 7th (I like the idea of the first monday of every month that way those of us that do safeway's 10% off day will get coupons in time and most coupons expire at the end of the month!)

If you are interested let me know.

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Couponer's in Kelowna BC met tonight at 7 PM with appy in hand..... we have a small group of 63 on Facebook who meet monthly and share coupons, techniques and unmarked sales. Tonight was exciting to have so many new ladies who are young mothers and see the value in how much a liitle coupon clipping work can save you.

We also had couples talk about it would be nice to have someone lese clip the coupons and just get pks for .10 a coupon. Its amazing how the converasation turned into business and still maintained a very positive reach. Hope that Angela's business helps her as well as those who do not want to collect or clip. Good on you Angie and Best of Luck.

I myself would have loved to see this swap meet in a more open area such as food court or coffee shop and be more networking with non couponers as well. My family member has worked at LD for 25 years and its sad to hear , here in Westbank BC a woman took advantage of the coupon stacking and cause the cashier to take 8 hours of time to ring her through using over $1000.00 in coupons paying only $18.00 in taxes to have the manager no longer accept more than one coupon. It only takes one person to spoil it for the rest of us.

I have a small stockpile but happy with it. My groceries for this week came to $25.86 for meat and fruit/veg. I have 6 of everything I use on a daily basis and happy to have our 23 yr old shop at our home on a weeekly basis. I help four other families on $400.00 a month. Doing real well as I stack at LD daily no more than 5 items at a time. It is rather amazing how it can build up so very quickly.

Well thanks for listening that is whats gooing on in my area of British Columbia.

Traci
    Last edited by rutlandgrl; Tue, Mar 8th, 2011 at 09:31 AM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi: Unfortunately I was not able to be at this months coupon meet/swap - I am excited for next month. Today (Tuesday) I went to the Westbank LD and had a lovely chat with the manager, they are still accepting coupons and allowing stacking, the fellow I spoke to said the only change they have is that when you price match an item if it is below cost they will only allow one. He said they have not imposed any limit on items, but would hope us coupon shoppers would not clear shelf, and if we had a huge amount of coupons to perhaps break it into three or four trips so the cashier cash register doesnt time out. He was really nice and friendly - he also said he would love it if we gave the heads up on a product so he could order more. I still get somewhat overwhelmed when I try to stack more then 5 items so I have kept it small, and was pleased when cashier today told me I was well organized.... if she only knew how much time I had spent at home paperclipping and double checking the coupons lol

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

No prob we had a most wonderful time. Glad to hear that you are interested in our coupon group. Thank you for the information on WB LD as I was going to call and double check a lasy ran through with 1000 in coupons and the cashier took his whole shift 8 hours to ring her through and the manager said no more coupons. We were all devistated. So I reposted in our site on Facebook again thank you so much for that post.

It can be overwhelming, I go everyday to SDM - Safeway - LD -Paragon and Nesters - Extra Foods for deals. These are all in my area. I am a recent empty nester and its a good walk to consume the time now available to me. I have had great success also teaching people about coupons with classes and coupon kits so they are ready. Preschool booked for hour as guest speaker and with Low income Mom's through Salvation Army so I am filling my time well and giving to the community I call home.

You should feel pleased they like it when your not holding them up and stressing them out lol . Good Job hope to meet you at the next swap. What area are you in so I can better schedule a place that is central to us all???

Thread Information