User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

hi,

i was thinking of getting the staples door crasher tassimo for $59 but hubby seems to prefer the keurig...

what is your opinion?
    This thread is currently associated with: Staples

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

There's at least a thread or two about this. I have a Keurig, think it's fabulous.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thank you...when a started a new thread nothing came up on this and usually they give suggestion of other posts...i will definitely ckeck into that...

thanks again...

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've been looking into this as well. Personally, I'm leaning towards the Keuring, only because you can purchase the My k-cup and fill your own pods, saving some $$.\\

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    597 (100%)

I got a tassimo and I got it mainly bc other family members have it and love it.

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

If there is a thread on the keurig would you mind posting a link too it? I'm trying to find the best prices on it. Thanks.

Groupon WagJag
    Checkout my blog?
    helloobee.blogspot.ca

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

I love my keurig!
    Get paid for your opinion! http://legerweb.com/J4Z12
    Join Swagbucks and earn free money and giftcards!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/melissabrien

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Keurig ==== plain coffee

Tassimo ===lattes, frothed milk

very different machines

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pippinelkhound View Post
    Keurig ==== plain coffee

Tassimo ===lattes, frothed milk

very different machines
    Keurig does not = plain coffee. They have a couple hundred varieties, from flavoured coffees, bold coffees, dark coffees, teas, hot chocolates, cafe mocha, etc. Go on Keurig.com (where I order all my k cups) to see what they have.

In our family, DH likes flavoured coffee while I like a bold (but not dark) coffee. I find the flavoured ones too weak. Costo probably has the best deal on K cups, but little variety.

I have the my K cup thing, and wasn't satisfied with it. It's a PITA to clean and refill, ideally you'd want more than one if more than one person wants coffee in the morning. And it drips. Other companies make them now too for less, you buy them in a pack of two (forget the name), and I've heard they work better. But although I hate the plastic being tossed in the trash, I use K cups.

We bought our Keurig when several friends recommended it. At first I was like, $100+ for a coffeemaker? But I'm definitely a convert! It's worth it.

My model is the KUB60 I'm pretty sure, from Futureshop (got free GC from Futureshop with my credit card points). When it was replaced by Keurig (at no charge, outside of warranty) they called it the B65 Special Edition Brewer. It has a reservoir tank that makes probably three cups before you have to refill it. And you can make three different sized cups, although I always make the large for the cups I drink. It's also great for hot water for hot chocolate mix or even oatmeal.

I'm VERY pleased with it. It's ideal for us, DH and I each drink one cup of coffee every morning, and he likes flavoured, while I like coffee-flavoured coffee. I've become a 'coffee snob,' in that Tims no longer cuts it for me. It makes FABULOUS coffee, which is the most important thing for a coffeemaker to do.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I think I would go with keurig because of the variety and the deals they ahve at Costco...that's me

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

but if i want lattes or cuppacino ,kurig can't do that right? am still confused on which one to get

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by kashkoush View Post
    but if i want lattes or cuppacino ,kurig can't do that right? am still confused on which one to get
    Tassimo does the frothed milk. From what I can figure out you have to purchase a separate frothing appliance to make a latte with the keurig.

Tassimo packages are containers of espresso grind coffee and then containers of the milk to froth. Plug one expresso disc in and then remove. Plug in one latte/cappacino disc. The machine does it all.

From what Keurig says they have loads of flavoured coffees, teas, etc. But no one machine system to latte.

Tassimo does Nabob, Gevalio, Suchards Chocolate, Twinning Teas (don't know why you'd make tea that way though), Milka chocolate, etc.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    Keurig does not = plain coffee. They have a couple hundred varieties, from flavoured coffees, bold coffees, dark coffees, teas, hot chocolates, cafe mocha, etc. Go on Keurig.com (where I order all my k cups) to see what they have.

In our family, DH likes flavoured coffee while I like a bold (but not dark) coffee. I find the flavoured ones too weak. Costo probably has the best deal on K cups, but little variety.

I have the my K cup thing, and wasn't satisfied with it. It's a PITA to clean and refill, ideally you'd want more than one if more than one person wants coffee in the morning. And it drips. Other companies make them now too for less, you buy them in a pack of two (forget the name), and I've heard they work better. But although I hate the plastic being tossed in the trash, I use K cups.

We bought our Keurig when several friends recommended it. At first I was like, $100+ for a coffeemaker? But I'm definitely a convert! It's worth it.

My model is the KUB60 I'm pretty sure, from Futureshop (got free GC from Futureshop with my credit card points). When it was replaced by Keurig (at no charge, outside of warranty) they called it the B65 Special Edition Brewer. It has a reservoir tank that makes probably three cups before you have to refill it. And you can make three different sized cups, although I always make the large for the cups I drink. It's also great for hot water for hot chocolate mix or even oatmeal.

I'm VERY pleased with it. It's ideal for us, DH and I each drink one cup of coffee every morning, and he likes flavoured, while I like coffee-flavoured coffee. I've become a 'coffee snob,' in that Tims no longer cuts it for me. It makes FABULOUS coffee, which is the most important thing for a coffeemaker to do.
    Keurig requires a secondary appliance to froth the milk. It doesn't work the same way as a Tassimo.

So it makes "plain coffee" your steamed milk requires a separate machine.

Tassimo also has different types of coffees, teas and chocolate.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information