User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

The best price I've found on K cups is at Costco. It's 24.99 for 50, but unfortunately they don't have great selection.

If you order it direct from Keurig, you can get boxes of 80 cups for $43.95 US, they have EVERYTHING, and they'll give you a couple of sample packs (five in each) for free depending on how much you order. You get a 10% discount to start, but if you buy more, you can earn more 'points' to get a higher discount.

Last time I ordered was in August - I paid $128 for 250 cups, about .52 a cup (that included shipping and a 10% discount).

If you knew a few people who used K cups, you could chip in together. Wish I knew a few more people around here who used them!

Z

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Zonny, Did you have to pay duty on them? I always worry about that. I saw something about a $10 flat fee but I'm a bit gun shy ordering from the states.

Thumpersmum. It was $189.99 and it was the machine, a My K Cup and 90 kcups. Best deal I could find.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gourmetsue View Post
    Zonny, Did you have to pay duty on them? I always worry about that. I saw something about a $10 flat fee but I'm a bit gun shy ordering from the states.
    With the exchange, my last order was actually $129.39 (I think the Canadian $ is closer to par now). According to their website, only the brewers get charged duty. Here's what it says:

Canadian Orders: Taxes & Fees
    Please note a $9.95 surcharge for documentation and brokerage fees will be applied to all orders. All Brewer and Accessory purchases shipped to Canada are also subject to additional fees. In addition to the $9.95 surcharge, Brewer purchases will have Canadian duties charged at a rate of 9% and Accessory purchases will have Canadian duties charged at a rate of 5%. Also, Canadian orders containing Brewers and Accessories will be charged Federal Goods and Services Tax (GST) and Provincial Sales Tax (PST), as applicable based upon delivery locations. Coffee, Tea and Hot Cocoa purchases are not subject to Canadian duties or GST/PST.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Thumpersmom View Post
    Do you remember what it was going for at Costco?
    We bought ours at Costco for $169.00, and that included the filter and the five boxes of coffee, but the last time i was there i noticed that it had gone up to the $189.00 but still worth it in my opinion.
    Epicure Consultant
    www.epicureselections.com
    contact me for more info

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Does anyone know of any Black Friday sales for Tassimo or Keurig?

Kimbit
    Trading Score
    82 (100%)

I'm contemplating a Keurig as well but I read some reviews on the model available at Costco and it seems like there are a lot of issues with the pump breaking down. Does anybody have any insight on that problem or can you suggest a different model Keurig.
    thanks

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I bought my Keurig at Futureshop probably about a year ago, and have never had a problem. I believe ours is the KUB60.

Z

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

My boss bought the Costco Keurig, and we've had no issues I pushed him to buy it over the tassimo, because I didn't like that you had to "stop" the coffee being dispensed. The Keurig, you just select your cup size (there are 3 sizes) and boom it fills your cup and away you go. Being a work place that uses it, being able to walk away and answer the phone and come back and not have a coffee disaster on my hands is worth alot. I had read lots of reviews, and that seems to be the major difference that I came across

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just bought the Keurig KUB40 model ay Futureshop. It's on sale for $119.99 and includes two boxes of K-cups (you can choose).

BUT....the deal gets better...

Use Futureshop's Price Guarantee against Amazon.ca sale price of $97.95 and if you play your cards right (i.e. play dumb) you can get the whole lot (KUB40 + two boxes of k-cups) for $92.23 before tax.

I seriously don't know how Futureshop came up with that price of $92.23 (I calculated $95.75) but I have the receipt to prove it The receipt also has a 25% off coupon for my next purchase of K-Cups.
    Last edited by mulock; Fri, Nov 26th, 2010 at 12:24 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

nice deal. Enjoy! I just got Ghiradelli hot chocolate and Apple Cider K Cups yesterday :D

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I bought our Keurig At Costco awhile ago, and have not had a problem.
    Epicure Consultant
    www.epicureselections.com
    contact me for more info

Trading Score
    122 (100%)

I just ordered the Tassimo T45. I really reserched this purchase alot. I found it has more brands and varieties that the whole family likes. The Nescafe Dolche Gusto seems to only have a couple of beverage types. But for the person who feels the plastic cups are wasteful, you can recycle them with the rest of your plastics. My kids can't wait to brew a hot chocolate. Also, when you register your Tassimo on tassimo.ca they will send you two free product coupons for T-Discs. Mmmmmmmm, cappuchino!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluntbabe View Post
    But for the person who feels the plastic cups wasteful, you can recycle them with the rest of your plastics.
    Do the Tassimo disks have a recycling symbol/number on them? K cups don't, which makes them non-recycleable (at least here in NS). Besides, you've have to separate the filter and the coffee out of them, which most people probably wouldn't be willing to do.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    Do the Tassimo disks have a recycling symbol/number on them? K cups don't, which makes them non-recycleable (at least here in NS). Besides, you've have to separate the filter and the coffee out of them, which most people probably wouldn't be willing to do.
    That's what I do. It's over kill, I know and like you said a lot of people won't bother. I dig out the grounds and put them on my plants. I wish we had an organics programme in my building, but no such luck.

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

I was just going to ask this exact question, lol! Well, looking at the reviews I think I'm going to go with the Keurig as well. What a great place to come for reviews
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information