User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

We just bought the KeurigB70 Platinum last week from FutureSHop...was on sale for 189.00 included 2 boxes of k-cups free...and I was able to bring in the Home Outfitters flyer and pricematch to get the difference back because it was on sale there for 179.99 and included the My K-Cup filter FREE and the carousel FREE...so FS gave us the carousel free too (22.00 value) and the 10.89 difference back...

Anyways the cheapest place to buy the k-cups in the stores are at London Drugs for 10.99 a box of 18...and online it is at www.tweedandhickory.com
    they are a canadian company and they have over 200 varieties...
    We love it so much, that we are going to CT this weekend and buying the Keurig that is on for the 40.00 off and then going to use the 15.00 off wub 60.00+ Canadian Tire card..going to be my parents Christmas gift, they love ours so much!

and don't forget to register your Keurig, and they email you a code for 2 free boxes of k-cups wub2
    Last edited by Litesandsirens911; Wed, Dec 8th, 2010 at 07:59 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Best deal is definitely from the Keurig.com website, even with the US exchange and a $10 per order customs fee. While I'd be happier to buy Canadian, the US site is a better deal. Since that customs charge is per order, you're better off to buy a larger quantity at once.

My last order, I got 10% off since I ordered a certain amount before. My next order I'll get 15% off.

This time I got 80 Caribou, box of 90 flavoured (a mix of four kinds), and a box of 80 Kona blend. That's 250 K cups for $143.03 Canadian including customs fee.

From Keurig, this added up to .56 a K cup.
    The LD price is .61 per K cup.
    Tweed and Hickory is .62 per K cup.
    Last edited by Zonny; Wed, Dec 8th, 2010 at 08:51 PM.

Trading Score
    45 (100%)

We bought the Keurig at Costco in Nov 09, had to return it 2x cause the pump failed both times. The 3rd one we got(exchanged) was from a totally different shipment, and works fine. We got to keep the k-cups from the first 2 as well.
    Love the Keurig for the variety they offer in k-cups, but it brews a little slower.
    But before making the 2nd exchange, i used sdm points and got the tassimo.
    Love the Tassimo for the speed, it brews faster. But the tassimo doesn't have as wide of variety of product.

Quote Originally Posted by gourmetsue View Post
    nice deal. Enjoy! I just got Ghiradelli hot chocolate and Apple Cider K Cups yesterday :D
    I can never find either of these 2. I love the variety Keurig offers.
    Join GROUPON for incredible deals, click here

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by maddie2008 View Post
    I can never find either of these 2. I love the variety Keurig offers.
    I ordered them from the Keurig site but the Apple Cider wasn't all that great and the hot chocolate isn't an actual Kcup, just a packet so I'm going to get it at a local bakery warehouse instead because it's cheaper.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I bought a tassimo :D

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I did get hot chocolate K cups once, and didn't care for them. Too sweet and not chocolatey enough. Now if my DS wants a hot chocolate, I use the machine to put through some hot water, mix in some instant mix.

Maddie, how much faster do you need your coffee? My Keurig only takes maybe a minute?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    I did get hot chocolate K cups once, and didn't care for them. Too sweet and not chocolatey enough. Now if my DS wants a hot chocolate, I use the machine to put through some hot water, mix in some instant mix.

Maddie, how much faster do you need your coffee? My Keurig only takes maybe a minute?
    DH says it makes coffee too quickly that he's not ready when it is.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

im not opening ours until xmas mornng when dh is jonsing for a coffee

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    im not opening ours until xmas mornng when dh is jonsing for a coffee
    Make sure you have K cups! Wouldn't that be disappointing?

I have the little filter thingy for it, but don't much like it. It drips.

Z

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    Make sure you have K cups! Wouldn't that be disappointing?

I have the little filter thingy for it, but don't much like it. It drips.

Z
    u mean tassimo ones lool! Yeah I have some! I ordered the chai latte and regular coffee.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Keurig is the best and i always love it

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Tassimo! Tassimo! LOL!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

i've never tried tassimo, but i had a coffee from a keurig machine, and it was hands down the WORST cup of coffee i'd ever had.. it was like drinking dirty water.. bleh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    i've never tried tassimo, but i had a coffee from a keurig machine, and it was hands down the WORST cup of coffee i'd ever had.. it was like drinking dirty water.. bleh
    I've had good coffee and bad coffee from a variety of methods - French press, standard drip machine, Keurig, etc. It's partly a matter of preference IMO, but it's also the coffee that's in them, as well as the water you use.

My Mom used to have an inn in a very rural area, which got water from a bored well. When it came out of the tap it was white, looked like milk. Dissoved gases was all it was. But even using the same can of coffee, I could NEVER make my coffee on city water taste as good as she did there. People raved about the coffee, and it was just plain old Nabob in the can.

The worst Keurig coffee I had was an extra bold dark. It was one of the two varieties that Costco had at the time and the price was better than I could get anywhere. But BLECH, it was awful, to me it tasted burned. Not that this made it bad coffee, I'm sure some folks thought it was fabulous. But it was the wrong one for me. Being a thrifty sort, DH and I suffered through it until all 50 cups were gone, mixing it with others sometimes to make it more palatable.

I've had to experiment a bit to find the one that made a good cuppa for ME. And for me, that's Kona (and sometimes Caribou).

So your bad cup, I'd suggest that it was made with coffee you didn't like or perhaps bad water? Don't write 'em all off until you try 'em all!

Z
    Last edited by Zonny; Fri, Dec 10th, 2010 at 07:43 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

LOL Zonny, you guys sound like my DH. He's of the mind that you should suffer through even though you don't like it. We just had a Tully's (I think) French Roast that was not good at all. But I love the Timothy's Kona. I think it has a lot to do with the water and the coffee itself. Good and bad everywhere.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information