User Tag List

Busy Bee
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We ordered a chesterfield and chair on sale at The Bay, no problem with the saleswoman ,who was great.They said the chesterfield would be delivered last week but we could not get the chair untill Dec 29.Heres the kicker they are charging us two $70 delivery fees even though its their fault they cant be delivered together!The manager refused to allow us one fee even though its their fault and we have to wait so long for the chair and now the chesterfield.We get a phone call to say the chesterfield will be late coming as its not in the warehouse yet.Meanwhile we donated the old chesterfield to make room for the new one,so now theres nowhere to sit.We have visitors coming from the US which was the reason we wanted this. Our friends and neighbours agree with us that this is digracefull customer service and we certainly wont be shopping at the Bay again after this example of their bad customer service,We will most likely have to pay the bill before we get the stuff or rack up interest charges.
    We have had furniture delivered free from Leons in the past and I wish
    we had stuck with them for this, everything is delivered on time with them but not so with the Bay.
    This thread is currently associated with: The Bay, Leon's

Be a little kinder than necessary,remember everyone is fighting their own battles.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oy, not good! Write to the manager of the store, and to the Bay corporate.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Why didn't you just cancel the purchase and go to Leon's?

I've bought at both places over the years and never had a problem.

Busy Bee
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Update on the Bay experience.
    After waiting 3 weeks they sent us an email today saying that the chesterfield would not be delivered untill the middle of January at the earliest! So we canceled the order after a lot of messing and went to Leons and we have a lovely chesterfield being delivered on Thursday and no delivery charges.We even like it better than the one from the Bay! The lesson we learn't dont get rid of your old furniture before you get the new stuff and we will never shop at the Bay again after our experience.

Be a little kinder than necessary,remember everyone is fighting their own battles.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I hate the Bay...I have never had 'ok' customer service there let alone good!
    We just bought a sectional and dining room table from Leons and it is being delivered Sunday...nothing but kind courteous service when we were there.

Busy Bee
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I know I agree with you,they so nice at Leons.

Busy Bee
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yahoo!!We got our chesterfield 10am this morning and it was only ordered 4pm on Tuesday.Hows that for service!The delivery men were so nice and helpful and we just love the chesterfield more than the bay one so we are very happy with it and have somewhere for our visitors to sit now.
    We also got a bill from the bay for the one we cancelled!Lol!!

Thread Information