User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Damaged Hair

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Oh, and yeah, showers is when the cut is most noticeable to me, too, lol. it's cause you're washing your hair, go down to the end, and you're like, "Wait, that's it?" LOL!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I like when I have mine highlighted but yep your right it gets tangled even after you use conditioner. It's like pulling a rake through your hair. lol I was doing the highlighting at home and having the hubby pull it through the cap. Not only was it painful but of course he was pulling too much in some spots. Ya know I don't even know what my natural color is anymore. I think it's dark brown. lol I didn't think since I cut so much off that I probably would not need conditioner but I did. Just a lot less of it then 2 days ago.lol

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I always use conditioner, keeps the frizz somewhat at bay, and makes it easier to brush.
    And I've gone pretty short, too.
    I'm finally letting it grow out again, after about 2 1/2 years of getting it cut short, and it's just to my shoulders.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My husband likes me in long hair and I don't look good in too short of a cut so this new cut where it's longer in the front and shorter in the back is kinda an in between cut.
    I find using Nexxus Shampoo and Conditioner works really well and does not weigh my hair down and keeps the frizz in control. Plus my hair is fine so the Humectress conditioner works well. It's a bit pricey but you only need a little bit.
    I'm sure I wont be getting my hair cut again for awhile and go back to long at some point. I'm never 100% happy with my hair anymore. Then again I really don't spend the time or have the time to really do it. That's unless I'm going out and then I will spend time on it...still ending up not 100% happy with it anyway.lol

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I still have those samples of the Nexxus lol. I'm just waiting for my current stuff to run out before using them.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I never got them. You will love it once ya try it ! The Therappe smells like coconut and it really bubbles up.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Damaged hair are one of the common problem with so many people and women community and for the damaged hair you have to go for the Balanced Diet

1) Drink Plenty of water.
    2) Protein food and hair pack is required.
    3) Cover your hair while going for the polluted areas and excess sun exposure.
    4) Take sufficient sleep.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Pollution and insufficient nutrition are the reasons of Damaged hour..

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Bad PH balance in shampoo is another big factor in hair damage. I was amazed when I switched to Burt's Bees which is a natural, PH balanced, phosphate free shampoo how different my hair (and scalp) was. I use the Avacado deep clean once a month and then the regular shampoo 3 times a week.

Which brings me to the other things that screw up your hair

- over shampooing - you don't need to wash it every day. I shampoo every other day, though I often condition every day in the summer when it's really dry.

- heat - if you don't need to blow dry/straighten/curl your hair, don't.

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

I've been using Lush products! Not only are they natural but they feel so good in my hair!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Joico has a line called KPak, one of the products is a deep penetrating reconstructor... which essentially is a super-powered hair mask. This stuff literally saved my hair from a pixie cut a few years ago! The directions suggest leaving it in for 5 minutes, but the extent of the damage should determine exactly how long you keep it in for [5 mins for average split ends... my hair was literally on the verge of turning into a pixie cut so I kept the stuff in for hours! lol!], and to make sure that it stays in while in the shower or doesn't smear all over everything out of the shower - best bet is to wear a shower cap or have your hair wrapped in saran wrap or a plastic shopping bag. Not glamorous in the process, but it is phenomenal and works very quickly!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The best remedy for severely damaged hair is mashed banana. Mash a banana and and add 5 ml of almond oil to it. Apply it to the hair and leave it on for 20-30 minutes. Rinse the hair as usual. If you run out of bananas, you can also use avocados in their place.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

My hair is dull and damaged with styling (I use flat iron almost every second day). I'm trying on million of masks and conditioners. Ususally those you can only buy at hair salons (my cousin is a hairdresser and provides me with those). But recently I bought this new L'oreal total repair 5 mask and it is gorgeous!! (here's the link to what I'm talking about: http://www.lorealparis.ca/haircare/h...ring-mask.aspx )
    I'm comparing it with proffesional, 20$+ products and it's just amazing. I paid for it about 6$ at SDM.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by abbiesmom View Post
    Joico has a line called KPak, one of the products is a deep penetrating reconstructor... which essentially is a super-powered hair mask. This stuff literally saved my hair from a pixie cut a few years ago! The directions suggest leaving it in for 5 minutes, but the extent of the damage should determine exactly how long you keep it in for [5 mins for average split ends... my hair was literally on the verge of turning into a pixie cut so I kept the stuff in for hours! lol!], and to make sure that it stays in while in the shower or doesn't smear all over everything out of the shower - best bet is to wear a shower cap or have your hair wrapped in saran wrap or a plastic shopping bag. Not glamorous in the process, but it is phenomenal and works very quickly!
    I love that stuff and the smell is amazing.
    If you are interested in Houseseats here is my referal link:
    http://www.houseseats.ca/[email protected]

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ssbean View Post
    I love that stuff and the smell is amazing.
    I still use it once in a while just for the smell lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information