User Tag List

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    216 (100%)

I'm confused on price matching. Why is it better to price match as opposed to going to the store that has the item itself? I'm assumig if you can price match. therealso has to be that store in the area, so why not go there? And do you just bring the flyer with you to price match and do most stores allow it? Ithought it was kind of like printables, that most people won't take them as sotres won't do it.

Thanks for clarifying this for me.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Personally I would rather shop at 1 store rather than 4 or 5 so price matching makes it easier for me. I can also stack at LD which makes these items cheaper and lastly some store I HATE shopping at and would rather give my business to someone else.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Well, if you price match at Wal-mart or Zellers for example, you can do the majority of your shopping in one place, without having to run around to three or four places to get all the good sale prices.

Also, price matching at Zellers gets you HBC points, and if you happen to have the VIP SPC card, you save an additional 10% on everything!

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    287 (100%)

For me it has to do with convenience. If there is something that I can price match from several stores I would rather do it at one store rather than running around to several. That's just me
    I have started a new venture with South Hill Designs (customizable lockets and bracelets). Check out my website to learn more
    http://www.southhilldesigns.com/ca/olganorris/default

Trading Score
    177 (100%)

Well for me there are two reasons why I price match at Zellers (only place I do)

1) Convenience - I can price match various products from different stores and buy them together at one place
    2) I save 10% using my SPC card and earn HBC rewards
    Redeem $5 Amazon gift cards every week! Just SEARCH & WIN!
    Join Swagbucks:
    www.swagbucks.com/refer/julyprincess

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    216 (100%)

That makes sense. I don't think of it as an inconvenience as I have everything but Sobeys and Zehrs within 5/10 minutes of my house. And I never thought about, as I thought you'd run into big hassles. Who does price matching.

and what is a SPC card? haven't heard of that one before.

Trading Score
    523 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kellyanna_99 View Post
    Who does price matching.
    Walmart and Zellers are the big two that price match. The Bargain! Shop does as well. All you need is the flyer for the item you want to price match (current flyer, of course). Zellers rips the picture of the item out of your flyer.

I price match at Zellers because I like saving an extra 10% with my VIP SPC card and getting HBC points. Every once in a while there is a great P&G rebate at Zellers where if you buy $25 worth certain P&G products, you get a $10 Zellers gift card. So I scan the flyers looking for the best deals on those products, bring all my flyers to Zellers, and get the most I can for my $25 (which is usually less than $10 after SPC and coupons!)

Quote Originally Posted by kellyanna_99 View Post
    and what is a SPC card? haven't heard of that one before.
    The SPC card is a card that gets you discounts at many stores - I got it solely for the 10% off at Zellers and it's already paid for itself. If you are a student you can get it at a few stores like Zellers and Shoppers Drug Mart (here is the full list), and there is free shipping if you buy it from the SPC site until December 10. The card costs $9.

If you are not a student, then you need a VIP SPC card. This is the one most SC'ers have. You can get the VIP card if you subscribe to LouLou magazine. You can order it here.

The SPC card (both kinds) are valid for one year from September 1 - August 31 each year, so if you were to get one now it would expire in August.
    Last edited by Jeniana; Wed, Nov 24th, 2010 at 07:34 PM.
    ~ Trade List ~ Let's Trade! ~ Wish List ~
    I'm looking for these coupons (and more )
    Purina Cat Chow/Friskies ~ El Monteray ~ Blue Buffalo cans
    Maxx Scoop ~ Fresh Express ~ Cheemo

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Once I learned about PM and learned the rope about couponing thanks to SC, I started to PM at WM. I find that they carry most products that other stores carry/have on sale and, in general, our WM is pretty good with accepting coupons. For me it comes down to ease of using coupons without much hassle and being able to do most of my shopping in 1 place.
    The RCSS is steps away so I usually stop in there to see what I can find with the pink stickers...I more often then not find greens/bananas and fresh baked bread for 50% off.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Also, sometimes a store has something on sale, but it's never there! So I price match at another place like Walmart to get it.
    Join SwagBucks! You actually get free stuff for basically doing nothing!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mazin

Cheap books: http://www.bookmob.ca/track/CC030293 Register & get 5% off!

Thread Information