User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Check out material stores for discounted fabrics (I mean next to nothing!) You can buy bolts of fabric to use for decorating tables, chairs, doorways, ceilings, etc.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The fabric tip above can work for private homes. If using a venue, the owners might stipulate using their linens or rental ones. Also, there might be a matter of whether fabric is fire-ant for use in public space. Sorry to spoil the mood but best to know in advance.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

You could check out the flower stores on Avenue Rd, southwest of Davenport, there are 4-5 big stores with a lot of varieties of flowers.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

although I got married 3 years ago, a website that helped me significantly was www.frugalbride.com, its mostly toronto based. The most frugal venue is the fantasy Farm. Flowers from Classy Flowers in Richmond Hill, and for a DJ, Skip A beat entertainment.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 12:15 PM.

Trading Score
    252 (100%)

http://www.milanoo.com/ this site has some really cheap wedding dress which are modern and nice! i dream of getting married some day . and if i do i would so do a ceremony, why not u do it once if u got the right person! ..
    I really need 8 Dempsters PINS will need until FEB 15 and will trade for G.C $5 your choice where

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

http://www.torontoweddingchapel.com/

It's cheap, and all you have to do is show up

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PinkLincoln View Post
    http://www.torontoweddingchapel.com/

It's cheap, and all you have to do is show up

That's still not as cheap as city hall, or as hiring your own officiant and doing the ceremony at your reception site (usually the location is free with a little negotiation), backyard, or other free location. If you are a member of a church it may or may not be cheaper as well (some only require a donation).
    Join Swagbucks for free GCs & prizes, just by searching: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Chicka
    PM me for a Lockerz.com invite.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I just remembered! I know someone who got married at a German Club/Legion. The venue is usually free or really cheap for members. Maybe if there's a certain heritage club if someone she knows, or her family knows that's a member.

DetailsByDawn
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Last year I read a post on Kijiji from a girl who couldn't afford to have a wedding. She was asking for donations of used wedding items, left over from weddings/parties. I emailed her to offer the mirrors from my centrepieces, boxes of unused votives and holders. I found out then how many people from the community were trying to help her out - she already had her dress, cake, rings, etc donated. I do invitations and ended up donating those for her as well. They got married and had the reception at a church and ended up saving so much money.

On another note, I am a hobby cake decorator and might be able to help you out with that - let me know if you're interested in seeing some of my work. Lots of luck!!
    Last edited by fordawnk; Sun, Feb 27th, 2011 at 11:07 PM.

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

If you keep it small enough sometimes you can have the wedding at a restaurant. Certain places have room for 100. Always cheaper to do the wedding on an off night. Friday's are cheaper then Saturdays. and in the summer it's actually a lot cheaper to have the wedding outside at a park or in someones back yard with a barbque. You just need to get creative.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

There are lots of websites/blogs that specialize in this

www.2000dollarwedding.com
    www.recycledbride.com
    www.diybride.com

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

hi there...don't know how things are going for you but I'd suggest taking a look at Frugalbride.com

I found my make-up girl there and she was great (though I see you already have an offer on here!!)

I'm sure if you look on here there are vendors who can probably cut costs...doing as much yourself as possible and...if you can, keep the wedding small...

What are your needs and what are your wants???
    My Trade List Saved $1993 in 2010..trying to beat that in 2011

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Here are two websites that have very good search links for wedding-related stuff:
    http://weddingzing.com/
    http://nuptialgift.com/
    Hope this helps.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Borrow, borrow, borrow as much as you can from friends that have had weddings before yours. For our signing table, we had a $3 Ikea vase filled with fresh flowers from the open flower markets near Bloor and Avenue Road.

I have a wedding dress I should probably sell so if you're a size 2ish and about 5'2" or therabouts, I have something that might fit. I've given away some of my wedding stuff already, but I have a car decoration you'd be welcome to. You just have to switch the colours if they're not the ones you're using. Is there anything else you need? I can't think of all I have at the moment, but there might be more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information