User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Just a reminder to everyone ( especially newbies ) ....always use your FPC's ( Free Product Coupons ) @ SDM ..they NEVER charge you tax on them .

They use code 2002 to process them & you don't pay tax on the FPC ..make sure the cashier uses code 2002 & not 2001 (which is for regular $ OFF cpns)

I had 2 Vaseline FPC's .

I made the mistake of using one in Sobeys , when I was grocery shopping ..Sobeys regular price was $ 4.99 & I got the product for FREE , but I ended up paying $ 0.65 HST on it , even though it was a FPC .

I learnt a hard lesson ... my second Vaseline FPC , I used in SDM , their regular price was $ 5.99 , but I got it for totally FREE ..didn't pay any taxes or anything

Now I have mad a rule , whenever its a FPC .. I am heading to SDM , assuming that they carry that item ..so that I don't have to pay tax on it & get it for totally FREE i.e no taxes either .

Almost ALL the other stores like WM , Zellers , Sobeys , Metro etc have charged me a tax on a FPC even though the FPC cpn said on it taxes included ..so SDM here I come with all my FPC's

However you won't get SDM optimum points on a FPC @ SDM , which is OK as the taxes are usually the killer on a FPC

Another great place to use your FPC's is Loblaws/RCSS when they have their NO TAX events
    This thread is currently associated with: Loblaws, Metro, Pharmaprix, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Shoppers Drug Mart, Sobeys, Zellers

Trading Score
    227 (100%)

Good advice
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi

Trading Score
    707 (100%)

Yup great points I finally been doing this lately and they always ring them in as code 2002

Trading Score
    158 (100%)

I learned to use FPCs on 20* events, if the cashier used 2002 then I got the item for free, if by chance cashier used 2001 then I got bones points, but the chance is small.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I use my non-tax FPCs at Zellers, like the Stouffers and the big can of Melitta coffee. You get 10% SPC off a free product and use free money to offset your purchase. Pay with HBC CC and get double points.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

thanks for the reminder i forgot all about that

Trading Score
    60 (100%)

I have been using my StayFree FPCs at different SDMs, and I noticed that it is a hit and miss with regards to the taxes.

The SDM at Yonge and College charges tax on the StayFree even though the cashier uses 2002 as the code. But the one at Queen Street and John doesn't. So, your mileage may vary.

It's not a sure thing.
    At the right time, a kind word from a stranger, or encouragement from a friend, can make all the difference in the world. Kindness is free, but it's priceless. ~ Doe Zantamata

"And it's always the right time!" ~ Woofy

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    I use my non-tax FPCs at Zellers, like the Stouffers and the big can of Melitta coffee. You get 10% SPC off a free product and use free money to offset your purchase. Pay with HBC CC and get double points.

I did that with a bunch of FPCs a short while ago and used my SPC as well...very nice to get the extra $ to cover my other purchases!!!

Trading Score
    227 (100%)

I also use them at SDM when I have FPCs for products that have a current Optimum Bonus Point promotion So you get the points without paying anything!

Right now - theres the Buy 3 Degree Get 10x the Points - Use your Degree FPCs; Buy 2 NEstea 12 Pack Get 1000 BPs - Use your NEstea FPCs; Buy $20+ on participating products including Secret Deodorant Get 10x the Points - Use your $9 WUB 3 or $5 WUB 2 - great way to make $$$ in SDM Points on your FPCs and pay no tax
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Woofy View Post
    I have been using my StayFree FPCs at different SDMs, and I noticed that it is a hit and miss with regards to the taxes.

The SDM at Yonge and College charges tax on the StayFree even though the cashier uses 2002 as the code. But the one at Queen Street and John doesn't. So, your mileage may vary.

It's not a sure thing.
    Wow ..that's weird .

Don't they have a central system for all SDM's where if they use code 2002 automatically no taxes are charged .

I am surprised the computer IT system / terminals at 2 different SDM's are different so that when the exact same input/code is put 2 different results come out ...I would think it all comes from the HO & is standarized .

So what's the difference between the 2 codes , 2001 & 2002 @ Yonge & College SDM ..if they charge you tax on both the codes @ that particular SDM store ? .. they might as well use the code 2001 over there then at least you will get optimum points on the Stay Free's ..since they seem to be charging you tax on code 2002 anyways + no points since its 2002

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    477 (100%)

Same thing with the location I go to, I had to pay tax too..
    Join to earn GCs and many more prizes..
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/linny

Trading Score
    60 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Wow ..that's weird .

Don't they have a central system for all SDM's where if they use code 2002 automatically no taxes are charged .

I am surprised the computer IT system / terminals at 2 different SDM's are different so that when the exact same input/code is put 2 different results come out ...I would think it all comes from the HO & is standarized .

So what's the difference between the 2 codes , 2001 & 2002 @ Yonge & College SDM ..if they charge you tax on both the codes @ that particular SDM store ? .. they might as well use the code 2001 over there then at least you will get optimum points on the Stay Free's ..since they seem to be charging you tax on code 2002 anyways + no points since its 2002
    At the Yonge and College store, I get points for 2001 transactions, but not on 2002 transactions.

Yup... from all my shopping sprees at the different SDMs in Toronto, they are all independently ran. Prices are different at all the SDMs too.

For example, StayFree at Yonge & College is $5.99 regular price, but only $4.49 at the SDM at Lakeshore and Leslie.

And yup... all their computer terminals systems are different too... The cash at the Queen Street store is super duper new and computerized, complete with LCD monitor... The rest are still the oldish cash tills.
    At the right time, a kind word from a stranger, or encouragement from a friend, can make all the difference in the world. Kindness is free, but it's priceless. ~ Doe Zantamata

"And it's always the right time!" ~ Woofy

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Great info!! I used my FPC Healthy Choice steamer coupon with the 1000 bp coupon that was mailed out! So thats good too!!!

I usually use FPC's at Zellers to get the SPC discount & HBC points!

Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Huh...Never knew that! Thanks!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I like to redeem my FPCs at SDM too, just because of the no tax thing. For FPC on items that you shouldn't get taxed on anyway, I actually don't mind if the cashier enters as 2001. (This happened to me just once with the healthy steamers.) Extra points on top of free stuff for me! =)
    Use this invite worth 50 bonus points to join SUPERPOINTS for free Amazon or PayPal $$ now!
    Complete your basic profile for 30 chances to win!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information