User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Today I went shopping at Sobey's and everything was great until I got to the checkout. There is the checkout for Lottery and they will always let you also check out your groceries there. So today my mom goes let's just go to the lottery instead. So we go there only to be served by a ignorant woman. She said "Sorry, this line is for lottery only. You can go to another cashier over there" my mom said "We have checked out here before with no problem" and still she would not serve us so I said out loud "Ridiculous" as I walked away and she gave me a nasty look.

So then we go to a cashier right next to her and a guy goes up to her and says may I pay for my stuff here and she goes "Sure!" all smiley. I'm thinking you got to be kidding? I could do your job better than you! You shouldn't be working here if you're not willing to serve everyone. It's your job!! So my mom told the other cashier what happened and she said "She should have served you".

I'm so angry I think i'm going to talk with the manager of the store. That girl needs a lesson in politeness.
    This thread is currently associated with: Sobeys

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

I would definately be talking to a manager. That is rediculous.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Someone must be 'lonely'...(AKA horny >.>)

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

if i was there i will definitely talk to a manager

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Definitely contact the manager of the store.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

More to add now.

So my mom called and asked to speak to the manager of the store last night. She figures that she wasn't given to the manager though and someone else because she thought she heard him answer "produce". Anyways, my mom told him what we experienced but this "manager" said she was a good cashier worked there for a long time and that she normally works in the office in there but she had to go on cash for awhile. He can blame it on inexperience but I blame it on pure ignorance/rudeness. So he went to go talk to her when we called and then she apparently told him that the man who was cashing through got a lottery ticket which is total bullcrap! My mom watched his purchase and he never got one nor did she even ask him "Are you buying a lottery ticket?" he just asked if he could cash out there and she said "sure". So this manager was basically taking her word over ours. The guy then told my mom that we could speak to another guy next time we are in store but it's really not worth it. They should take the customer's word over the employee's when it comes to a bad experience like that. This was at Sobeys in Ancaster. What would you do in my case after all this? Should I just let it go?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoddessDigi View Post
    Someone must be 'lonely'...(AKA horny >.>)
    LOL! That's what my mom said too. She must be looking for attention from guys.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Write to Sobey's HO using the form on their website, they will have the store owner call you
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Ya i wouldnt let it go, theres no way a "manager" should of used those excuses. Esp since she allowed someone to go through right after

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

How many items did you have?

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Wow, you do run into some jerks in life don't you? I'm sorry to hear about this, as here out west, Sobey's is my favourite grocery store. A big reason it's my favourite is because of the pleasant atmosphere and staff.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

maybe sobeys (iga) in my neck of the woods has way better customer service.in my case i would let it slide THIS TIME.but if i went in again,i would definitely stay and speak to someone if something like that occured again.i could see if you had a cart full but im sure you only had a few items.i have been told to go to a cashier before when trying to pay for 10 items at electronics in walmart.

~just your average nerd~

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by PhaneufFan View Post
    How many items did you have?
    I had 5 items. I believe the express lanes usually accept 1-8?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by French Lady View Post
    Wow, you do run into some jerks in life don't you? I'm sorry to hear about this, as here out west, Sobey's is my favourite grocery store. A big reason it's my favourite is because of the pleasant atmosphere and staff.
    I hear ya. I've shopped at Sobeys for years and never had a bad experience until this. I guess just one bad apple in the bunch.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by TudorChick View Post
    maybe sobeys (iga) in my neck of the woods has way better customer service.in my case i would let it slide THIS TIME.but if i went in again,i would definitely stay and speak to someone if something like that occured again.i could see if you had a cart full but im sure you only had a few items.i have been told to go to a cashier before when trying to pay for 10 items at electronics in walmart.
    I let it slide. I just hope that she's learned she can't treat people like that, pick and choose who to serve. As long as she's learned it's all good.

By the way...Are you a fan of Tudor history? I only ask because your name and I love that time in history.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information