User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by garbagepicker View Post
    I heard it was the zellers in Transcona..

If they are coming in clothing from overseas....the new no bedding return is not going to help much is it?
    sheesh seems that you can bring them home from any place makes me want to stay home!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    92 (100%)

I think this just makes me want to stop shopping.

(not)
    Breyden's, Lizzie's, Alexa's & Danica's Grama
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/[email protected]

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    83 (100%)

There was a sign at the Portage Walmart stating that bedbugs were in the store, the sign was removed an hour or so later.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    115 (100%)

Ick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BJR
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I do not know for sure, but would not be a bit surprised. The major libraries in the city have them, as do lots of government offices. Lets face it, with the number of immigrants increasing, we would have to be stupid to think the problem will not get worse. Before long, not many places will NOT have them. Educate yourself and prior to even thinking about renting an apartment or house, check the address on thebedbug registry.com

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

"Immigrants," don't only bring bedbugs, but cultural diversity, skilled trades and professional services, as well as help stimulate our economy, food for thought. "Let's face it," bedbugs are becoming a problem in all North American metropolitan cities, not just Winnipeg, you know despite "the number of immigrants increasing...We'd be stupid to think" it was only Winnipeg. I wholeheartedly agree, "Educate yourself."
    Quote Originally Posted by BJR View Post
    I do not know for sure, but would not be a bit surprised. The major libraries in the city have them, as do lots of government offices. Lets face it, with the number of immigrants increasing, we would have to be stupid to think the problem will not get worse. Before long, not many places will NOT have them. Educate yourself and prior to even thinking about renting an apartment or house, check the address on thebedbug registry.com
    Last edited by Mulveyteach; Wed, Jan 12th, 2011 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Punctuation

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    83 (100%)

My DH is exposed to bedbugs at work....policing the community housing projects. He says they are HORRID there. I'm an immigrant, our apartment is bedbug free partially because I make DH leave his shoes, coats and stuff in the truck where they can freeze before bringing them into our apartment.

Trading Score
    111 (100%)

There is now a sign at the Regent Walmart to 'Enter at your own Risk' b/c of infestation.
    Let me tell you. My husband and I just watched a show about bedbug infestation. Bedbugs aren't prejudiced, meaning they don't look for or reside with 'immigrants' the 'poor' and 'dirty people'. ANYONE can suffer from an infestation. ANYONE can unwillingly bring these suckers home. It doesn't make a darned difference how rich or poor you are. They can be transported in many different items, NOT JUST BEDDING! They got the name 'BEDbugs' ONLY b\c they come out of hiding at night (usually from under carpets or other areas with fabric/cloth materials), when we are sleeping in our beds, when it is dark and quiet so they can feed. They are attracted to the CO2 that we breathe out. They disappear back into hiding as soon as it gets light in the morning. That is why you really don't see them in the daytime.

I find it insulting that fellow Winnipeg SC'ers have this 'uneducated' view of the situation. Very disappointing.
    Last edited by Catspajamas; Thu, Jan 13th, 2011 at 11:27 AM.
    Share the love, share your coupons

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I couldn't agree with you more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Catspajamas View Post
    There is now a sign at the Regent Walmart to 'Enter at your own Risk' b/c of infestation.
    Let me tell you. My husband and I just watched a show about bedbug infestation. Bedbugs aren't prejudiced, meaning they don't look for or reside with 'immigrants' the 'poor' and 'dirty people'. ANYONE can suffer from an infestation. ANYONE can unwillingly bring these suckers home. It doesn't make a darned difference how rich or poor you are. They can be transported in many different items, NOT JUST BEDDING! They got the name 'BEDbugs' ONLY b\c they come out of hiding at night (usually from under carpets or other areas with fabric/cloth materials), when we are sleeping in our beds, when it is dark and quiet so they can feed. They are attracted to the CO2 that we breathe out. They disappear back into hiding as soon as it gets light in the morning. That is why you really don't see them in the daytime.

I find it insulting that fellow Winnipeg SC'ers have this 'uneducated' view of the situation. Very disappointing.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I also failed to see the connection between bedbugs and immigrants...

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Catspajamas View Post

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    115 (100%)

Redneck~Princess
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i have not heard of any of this! scary! ...however, i've always washed anything like clothing/linens and whatnot as soon as i bring them home - you never know who touched them before you or where they've been!

Redneck~Princess
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

this says it all...

Quote Originally Posted by BJR View Post

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

YUP, my sister heard that were bedbugs at the Walmart McPhillips store but a warning at Regent is pretty scary. How about the staff that have to work there...do they have a choice if customers do...I wonder? Since they are not unionized are they forced to work under these conditions...curious.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information