User Tag List

Thread: Best Luggage

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    92 (100%)

I'm looking to buy new luggage. What is the best out there?
    And where to buy?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Breyden's, Lizzie's, Alexa's & Danica's Grama
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/[email protected]

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

what type are you looking for? carry-on? rollerboard? and how are you going to use it?

the majority of luggage are black or olive colored. buy any other color to avoid confusion and someone else mistakenly taking you bag off the carousel.

the best out there are high quality brands like tumi or briggs & riley. B & R will cover damage caused by airline abuse..... errr, I mean handling.

one thing to definitely keep in mind..... weight matters. heys luggage is usually quite light.

then there's the ones that are always on sale at the bay or sears.
    Last edited by travelgeek; Tue, Dec 14th, 2010 at 02:10 AM.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

you can find the better ones in sears or the bay. on sale (the typical 50-60% off) you can get a 3-4 piece set for about 300-400 dollars.
    in zellers and walmart maybe about $200 for a 3-4 piece set. it isn't great quality but perhaps reasonable for the short domestic trips.

if you are doing mostly international traveling where a one way trip means 2-3 flight changes with the bags being loaded and unloaded repeatedly, you want the heavy duty bags from sears or the bay.

with xmas break near there have been some good luggage deals at the bay recently. i got beautiful luggage for 70% + 20%

travelgeek is so right, weight matters a lot these days. weight allowances are not what they were 10 years ago. get one of the heys luggage scales. that's what i'm doing this time! right now the only place i can find one is on the heys.ca site. but you can find retailers that carry their stuff on their site

wherever you're traveling to, good luck and have fun!!
    Last edited by anisa; Tue, Dec 14th, 2010 at 10:56 AM.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I really like heys luggage personally. It is light, durable and has four wheels so it is easier to push around. Sears has a great selection and they have 60% - 70% off heys quite frequently.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I know it's expensive but try a Louis Vuitton carry on

Thread Information