User Tag List

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

As I am getting ready in planning for my wedding. I have decided to play around with some different make-up brands and looks over the upcoming months. I have come to the question is there a difference between the higher end make-up like lancome and the lower end make-up like Loreal? Personally I can't really determine a difference. What about you, what are your thoughts?
    Is a $10 foundation the same as a $45?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

rita heyworth
    hey matrix - congrats on your upcoming wedding! what i would recommend is go to any of the high-end make-up counters and ask for a consult. tell them you're interested in figuring out a good look for your wedding. go to clinique, lancome, estee lauder, any/all of them (on different days of course). they do consults at no charge any time, and if you like the products they use on you, you can buy them there and then. on the other hand, if you don't like the products, there's no obligation.

one of several unfortunate times i was asked to be a bridesmaid at a friend's wedding, i was told all the other bridesmaids and the bride were paying 60 bucks to have their makeup done the day of the wedding. i'm perpetually broke so that wasn't an option for me. i went to one of the clinique counters and the consultant tried some stuff, i liked and bought about $60. worth of stuff (that lasted me half a year), and now five years later i am still using one of the products she picked out for me (it's been discontinued, so i have to buy it off ebay now)- she did good .

doing the consults at the high-end places will save you time and save you spending money on all kinds of cheapie stuff you may not like or use

anyway, that's what i'd do...

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

I hate crappy makeup on my face so I like all the other coupon hunters on this site get stuff on sale if I can if not I will buy something pretty decent, not the best but no dollar store make up for me.
    Last edited by glenglen; Tue, Aug 21st, 2007 at 05:31 PM.

bcteagirl
    I suggest you PM cinnamon kitten for some advice, she is the resident beauty/makeup expert!

Thread Information