User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    239 (100%)

So, we decided to try out Netflix since zip.ca has taken away most of our free months from that contest a while back...

We purchased a wireless router in order to download the movies from our Wii and finding out from our internet provider that we have no limit on what to download...seems cool, right?!

WRONG! Ugh, Netflix has no selection whatsoever! Their idea of a "new release" is something that came out 2+ years ago! TV new releases? How about the 2nd season of Mindfreak??? Thank God for their first month being free because we're definately not keeping it after that. We already have zip.ca and were hoping to be able to get some new movies without the wait of getting a blu-ray in the mail, fat chance of that happening...

Sorry for the rant, just a little disappointed in the service.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

yeah, the selection is quite limited maybe except for old kids shows ... but i'm sure it will improve

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

They have holding limits on how long they can release shows after they get licenses for them, they are slowly improving but the selection still sucks
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I've heard that the selection in the US is much better. But thanks for the review!

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    They have holding limits on how long they can release shows after they get licenses for them, they are slowly improving but the selection still sucks
    I don't understand this though, because zip.ca sometimes ships actual new releases to us even before they hit store shelves!

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    I've heard that the selection in the US is much better. But thanks for the review!
    well I can understand why they have a bigger selction, they've been in US for awhile.

I work a blockbuster and i have to say my work place has more of a selection of movies than netflix, well the new recent releases aside.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I think it'll take time before they get all the licensing and what not to have better selection. I looked online at their selection before deciding against it. Not worth it right now, it will get better though.
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^but in the same breath Blockbuster wants ridiculous rental fees. Around 6 bucks for a new release? Omg! I can walk to the corner store here that has all the new releases and tons of old and pay a buck.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good to know, DH and I have been thinking about it, but upon further looking it seems that we can get all the new stuff via Rogers online (free account because we have a cell contract) and they appear to have lots of recent/new TV shows

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

tried the Netflix wii channel because of the one month free subscription.
    good concept except a lot of the content is "not available"
    anyone know of other similar services that be used on the wii?
    Enjoy chatting on forums or blogs? Get paid $0.05+ per post at Postloop!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Anything on the netflix channel on wii is available to me - did you choose netflix canada?
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Grasshopper
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You know, I quite like Netflix.ca. Yes, they are limited in the newer stuff, but there are thousands of shows and movies to watch. So for $8 per month, I find it a good deal.

I was about to buy season 4 of Heroes which would have cost me $50. Netflix.ca has it so I feel that not having to buy Heroes pays for 6 months of the Netflix service right there.

They are adding more. My wife and I are watching Heroes, Merlin, Robin Hood, HawthoRNe and a lot of movies and are quite enjoying it.

We actually canceled our cable and are saving $50 per month.

It isn't for everyone, but I find more than enough shows to watch in a week.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We are planning on switching to NetFlix. I think we will wait a few more months and make the jump. Thanks for the review.

Grasshopper
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I found this news feed that shows what has been added to Netflix Canada each day
    http://app.whatsnewonnetflix.com/

It seems like they add a fair number of new shows every week.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think it depends on what you're looking for. I find they have a great selection of docs, classic films and foreign films. Mainstream blockbusters not so much. However, I find blockbusters pretty easy to come by in the stores so I prefer finding stuff that's a little more rare in my area.

Personally it took me awhile to get a hang of their "organizational system" (it would take me ages to find what I wanted) and I hate their navigation. I'm also not impressed with the video quality. I'd pay a little more to get higher quality video and be able to fill my screen (27" iMac). I find some stuff is ok but others are awful (even films/television that was released in the past year or so). I haven't tried it on my Wii and TV yet but hopefully it will look a little better on a more reasonable sized screen.

I'm still going to use iTunes for movies and shows I want to watch several times and keep around but in terms of checking out new shows and movies, it's a good option. I'm working my way through Heros and a few documentaries. I also found The Guild which was great! It seems like there's a fair amount of content being added regularly which gives me hope.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information