User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

If she gets the scop, will they still give her the 20x the points?

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeniana View Post
    Wow, what a mess! Looks like you're getting a bunch of stuff for free today, thanks to the scanning code of practice

Did you buy the eggs that were supposed to be 2/$3? Eggs were $2.49 on your receipt. Or were they not on sale for that price in BC?

The eggs are on sale for 2/$3 in the BC flyer. Like everything else in the store, they weren't marked down so I only bought 1. I should have gotten them at $1.50 then, right?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amymichelle2 View Post
    I completely forgot to mention that I DIDNT get my 20x points either!!! Defintely going in today. Can someone help me with the SCOP? How do I bring it up? Thanks everyone, you're all so helpful!
    They have SCOP stickers attached right at the entrance plus at almost all the cash registers/terminals @ SDM when you go back ...point those stickers/brochures to them if they give you a hard time .

Also take the SDM Head Office Number with you & the SCOP complaint number with you when you go there & tell them you called the SDM HO & they asked you to come to the store & speak to a manager or something & said that he will give you a SCOP after verifying that its legitimate ..( It is legitimate in your case )

What is the Scanning Code of Practice?

By Kimberley Clancy -

The Scanning Code of Practice is a voluntary code that nearly every major retailer in Canada adheres to. It promises the customer accurate price scanning at the register on all UPC scanned or Price Look Up (PLU) merchandise. If an item scans in at a price higher than the shelf price the customer gets it for free (or $10 off if the item is more than $10)

The scanning code is endorsed by The Competition Bureau of Canada was created from the collaborative efforts of the Retail Council of Canada, the Canadian Association of Chain Drug Stores, the Canadian Federation of Independent Grocers and the Canadian Council of Grocery Distributors.

At participating retailers you should see this sign on the entrance doors and at the till that reads:

Scanning Code of Practice If the scanned price of a non-price item is higher than the shelf price or any other displayed price, the customer is entitled to receive the first item free, up to a $10 maximum. If a Code of Practice problem cannot be resolved at the store level, please call 1-866-499-4599 to register your complaint.

FAQ's ABOUT SCOP

Who participates in the SCOP?
    Nearly every major retailer in Canada participates in voluntary Scanning Code.

If the store I am in does not have the sign do they participate in the SCOP?
    Although all participating retailers are suppose to display the Scanning Code of Practice sign as shown above, not all do. See the link above for a full list of participating stores and chains.

Does Zeller’s particpate in SCOP?
    No, Zeller’s does not participate in voluntary Scanning Code. Except for i Quebec where this code is the law and not voluntary

Will the cashier give me the product free without mentioning the SCOP?
    It is likely that you will have to ask the cashier to apply the Scanning Code of Practice. If the store is a participant they must give it to you for free or $10 off if the priced scanned is higher than the shelf or other displayed price.

If the store will not apply the code, call 1-866-499-4599 and register a complaint.

How about if I more than one of an item that scans in wrong?
    If you buy three identical items you are entitled to the first item free, the following items will be adjusted to the lower price.

How about if I buy many different items that scan in wrong?
    You are entitled to the first item free per unique UPC, so if each item has a different UPC each item is free. You are entitled to one item free per unique UPC code.

The product had a price tag on it does the SCOP apply?
    No, the Scanning Code only applies to non-price ticketed items.

The displayed price was expired, does the SCOP apply?
    Yes, if any displayed price for that item is lower than the price the item scans for Scanning Code applies.

The item was on clearance does the SCOP apply?
    If the item is not ticketed with a price and the mark down was only by a sign or dsiplay than yes, the scanning code applies.

How about if the price that scans in for lower than the display price does the SCOP apply
    No, the Scanning Code of Practice only applies if the price that scans in is higher than the shelf or any other displayed price.

My item was more than $10 do I get it free?
    No, if your item is more than $10 you will get $10 off the price of your item.

I want to learn more, where can I find out more about the SCOP?
    For more information on the Scanning Code of Practice please visit the link below: Click Here

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

The eggs are on sale for 2/$3 in the BC flyer. Like everything else in the store, they weren't marked down so I only bought 1. I should have gotten them at $1.50 then, right?
    No No ..sometimes the multiple price works only if you buy them in multiples ..they don't divide it by half .

At my SDM its 2 for $ 3.00 or $ 1.99 each if you buy only one .

But you do have lot of other legitimate SCOP's

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    Do the sales start on Saturday or Friday? Sorry I dont know much about shoppers.
    Sally, they start on Friday (for BC at least).

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BuggaBugga View Post
    Holy smokes that is an awful mess. What time did you go shopping? Maybe they hadn't changed the system over yet.. but still ouch, I hope you get a lot of money coming back to you.
    They opened at 8, and I checked out at 8:24. None of the stickers had the right price, and there was a younger employee sitting on the floor eating breakfast and updating the prices slowly!! I understand that they can't update them that quickly, but it should be before the store opens IMO.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    No No ..sometimes the multiple price works only if you buy them in multiples ..they don't divide it by half .

At my SDM its 2 for $ 3.00 or $ 1.99 each if you buy only one .

But you do have lot of other legitimate SCOP's
    Thanks! I'll actually just get the 2nd one then for the $3.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I think your two major SCOP are ..assuming that the sale prices you wrote next to them are right ..

Simply Foods $ 9.99 ( Sale $ 8.99 ) ...you should get that for FREE with SCOP ..since its below 10 bucks

Jamieson Vitaminn D $ 11.49 ( Sale $ 5.99 ) ..you should also get that for FREE with SCOP ..since its below 10 bucks

Be careful with the Vitamin bottles ..they are different sizes with different qty. of tablets in them ..maybe the smaller bottle was on sale & you might have picked up the larger non sale bottle ..or maybe you picked up the right bottle in the first place & they are wrong
    Last edited by tjthemanto; Sat, Jan 1st, 2011 at 07:56 PM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    Same thing for me. I went at 10:00 a.m. and none of the prices were up. I also have $4.59 item charged at $10 on my receipt but if I go back and have them correct it, I will lose my 20X points. (I asked for a sub-total and when she said it was $54.98, I decided not to purchase the last item in my cart.) The store was a mess, many items had no pricing on the shelf. They really do need to install scanners for customer use at SDM as they have ongoing issues with incorrect pricing.
    DianneS - Were you at the Langford one as well?

Quote Originally Posted by awongtse View Post
    I'm shocked that you didn't automatically get 20x points!! Your receipt shows a subtotal of $65 and change - did you use coupons to reduce your OOP?
    I was shocked about the points too, but I was in a hurry and didn't check my receipt until I got into work. Unfortunately I didn't use any coupons this time (i'm new!). If I go back and the price is under $50, I have a few items on my list that I can still pick up that should put me over. I was so frustrated that none of the sale prices were up so I gave up on grabbing more items because I didnt know what price it would be. Little did I know that ALL the prices were wrong! I finally learned how to multi-quote too, yay me haha!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

They opened at 8, and I checked out at 8:24. None of the stickers had the right price, and there was a younger employee sitting on the floor eating breakfast and updating the prices slowly!! I understand that they can't update them that quickly, but it should be before the store opens IMO.
    Yes you are right ..even if the physical price tags/stickers are not updated atleast the sale prices should be in the system/computers much before that ..they should have downloaded them into the system even before the store opened

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    I think your two major SCOP are ..assuming that the sale prices you wrote next to them are right ..

Simply Foods $ 9.99 ( Sale $ 8.99 ) ...you should get that for FREE with SCOP ..since its below 10 bucks

Jamieson Vitaminn D $ 11.49 ( Sale $ 5.99 ) ..you should get that for $ 1.49 since its more than $ 10.00 you get $ 10 OFF - ... 11.49 - 10.00 = $ 1.49

Be careful with the Vitamin bottles ..they are different sizes with different qty. of tablets in them ..maybe the smaller bottle was on sale & you might have picked up the larger non sale bottle ..or maybe you picked up the right bottle in the first place & they are wrong
    Wouldn't the smaller items be free too, assuming they will abide by SCOP? I thought it was every item that is wrong will be free up to $10 off. The Jamieson vitamins were actually marked on sale in the store as $5.99. I just checked the flyer, and the ones I bought - Vit D 1000iu, 200's + 40's are on for $5.99, PLUS 250 bonus points. Wow this is getting worse everytime I look at my receipt. My juiceboxes are also supposed to be 2/$3 rather than $2.49 each. Sheesh...

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

My store was awesome! I even found the Neilson milk for $3.87 instead of $3.99.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Wouldn't the smaller items be free too, assuming they will abide by SCOP? I thought it was every item that is wrong will be free up to $10 off. The Jamieson vitamins were actually marked on sale in the store as $5.99. I just checked the flyer, and the ones I bought - Vit D 1000iu, 200's + 40's are on for $5.99, PLUS 250 bonus points. Wow this is getting worse everytime I look at my receipt. My juiceboxes are also supposed to be 2/$3 rather than $2.49 each. Sheesh...
    Yes they would be FREE too in your case since they were on sale too .

But sometimes only selected sizes are on sale & not all sizes are on sale ..its happened to me in the past .. I have picked up a bottle of vitamins which looked almost identical to the one in the flyer ( but it had 20 tablets more in it hence a different Sku & UPC ) ..that was not on sale ..only the bottle with 20 tablets less ( the 20 tablets were bonus ) was apparently on sale . The 100 bottle was on sale in my case but the 100 + 20 bonus was not on sale in my case ..so I had to pick up the 100 tablet bottle to get the sale price .

But in your case you picked up the right bottle & its on sale so you should get SCOP

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

As I was walking into Shoppers today I noticed their SCOP statement on the doors as you enter. Before I was nervous about bringing it up because the cashiers always play stupid or fight with you, not anymore. I'll just simply walk them to the door and ask them to read their own policy.

You should totally be asking for an SCOP for EVERY item that scanned wrong! It's not like you noticed it all at the till, you had to make a special trip back to the store because of their mistakes!

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Looks like they didnt download the prices before store opening, or you would have surely gotten your points. I would go back to get SCOP on everything that is wrong. I did once, and the lady was sooo nice.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information