User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    addismom
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

How do you get enough coupons to be able to buy so much? I buy alot for my local animal shelter as well as a rescue group i am a long time volunteer for. With only being able to get one set of save.ca etc coupons sent per house,i cant help out as much as i would like. I am a single mom of two,and i dont have alot of extra money,but giving for the animals is the most important and meaningful thing to me when it comes to giving donations. Rescued animals have helped save my life in more than one way,and I want to help give them a nice treat many times of the year. The shelter here is having a tough time making ends meet and to me if I can help it may keep one more from being put down. So seriously,how do you manage to get such large amounts of items to donate? I would love to be able to do it on that scale,but I dont have enough money..Any suggestions would be so very much appreciated.

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

WTG!!! Totally amazing brag!! So kind & generous of you!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    45 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by carlyincanada View Post
    WTG!!! Totally amazing brag!! So kind & generous of you!!

thank you!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    45 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by addismom View Post
    How do you get enough coupons to be able to buy so much? I buy alot for my local animal shelter as well as a rescue group i am a long time volunteer for. With only being able to get one set of save.ca etc coupons sent per house,i cant help out as much as i would like. I am a single mom of two,and i dont have alot of extra money,but giving for the animals is the most important and meaningful thing to me when it comes to giving donations. Rescued animals have helped save my life in more than one way,and I want to help give them a nice treat many times of the year. The shelter here is having a tough time making ends meet and to me if I can help it may keep one more from being put down. So seriously,how do you manage to get such large amounts of items to donate? I would love to be able to do it on that scale,but I dont have enough money..Any suggestions would be so very much appreciated.
    I did lots of trains and trades... lots of people i know would give me the P&G flyers ( i was able to get an extra 6) and i talked to ALOT of people about the donations I was doing... when I told them they wanted to be a part of it! I watched for sales ( always had my coupons on hand) and read the forums like crazy ( the brags and deal sections (i find the brags HELP alot!!)).
    But with donations EVERY little bit helps out!!

Hope that helps a little.... and I hope to hear about your donations to the animal shelter soon too!!

let me know if you have any other questions!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

That's an amazing donation!
    Giving swagbucks a try, if you want to try too, sign up here : http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jillyfree

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    178 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nosobbq View Post
    wow that is awesome!! right now is the best time to shop too with everything being onsale!! i bet you could make a very special christmas for some families~~
    looking forward to your post~
    My first shopping trip at this new hobby of mine was Tuesday evening. Shopping for the SDM tell a friend event and it's continued from there. The past 2 weeks I hae spent so much time on this site learning new things and had a good haul yesterday (I tried doing my first brag but it didn't work, will try again after work). But after shopping last night I also came up with the idea to help some families out for Christmas, as I've seen others are doing aswell. It feels great and we have alot of time to prepare for this yr.

Loved your pictures, def. get a thumbs up from me.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    178 (100%)

The explanation you noted on here is a prime example of a good letter to be sending to each of the companies of brands used most. Explain as you did what you do, your situation and ask to be put on any coupon list and they may even send you free coupons.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Lovely, great job.
    Bella Karma- Lets Talk Frugal

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    45 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lauraisrsa View Post
    The explanation you noted on here is a prime example of a good letter to be sending to each of the companies of brands used most. Explain as you did what you do, your situation and ask to be put on any coupon list and they may even send you free coupons.

hmmm i never even thought of that... i was just asking managers in stores for coupons and telling them what i do... some were great!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hi there,
    My husband is highly allergic to animals (even those touted as dander free/hairless). I have been clipping pet related coupons off and on when I see them and my girlfriend has been using them to shop for a shelter when she buys her food for her dog. She no longer has time to do this anymore and I don't as well but would like to see these coupons put to good use, so if you PM me your name and address I will be happy to mail coupons in groups as I clip them your way!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Such an amazingly generous donation!! WTG!

addismom
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

thanks for all the great ideas and input from all of you!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    45 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cjunk View Post
    Such an amazingly generous donation!! WTG!

thanks!! i enjoyed hunting for all the goodies!!

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

wow!!!!
    Get paid for your opinion! http://legerweb.com/J4Z12
    Join Swagbucks and earn free money and giftcards!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/melissabrien

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Wow that is definately an inspiration to all of us here on SC. I think that I am going to look into some local shelters here and see what they require. Any little bit helps...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information